• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Weirdest pin collections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdest pin collections

jessatattoo

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I just saw someone post a completed board of trash can pins (totally awesome by the way), and it got me thinking, what are some of the other bizzare or unusual collections you guys have or have seen? I was thinking of starting some sort of silly collection, but I guess I'm uninspired as to what. So please share your ideas!

Ive allways thought about a dodgy beast pin collection, Like so:-
pin54020
pin54519th200
pin53192th200
pin52267th200

We used to collect chef pins... I collect alligators. Kinda strange. ..but NOTHING is going to top the beast l pins! Hilarious!

I know there is a member here that collects camera/photography themed pins. Not weird, but not common either. I can't remember their screenname (sorry!), but I know they had a really nifty collection.

I collect Lumpy, and I suppose that is pretty obscure because when I trade at PTNs and in the parks nobody seems to know who that is :( Also because I am the only person I know of that strives to be a Lumpy completist.

I think it would be fun to collect pins with typos or other errors (not scrappers, but real pins). The "scroll quote" series has quite a few; Disney really ought to have hired a proofreader...

I love the dodgy Beast idea! And error pins, a collection that could be easy or difficult. Do they recall those ever?

I'm kind of thinking of maybe food related pins, maybe not always PTD either. Some of my grails of Si & Am are already food based.

Echoharmony- how many of those are there? hahah

I collect Peter & the Wolf. I dont think Ive heard of anyone else who does, so its unusual even if not weird.

I wouldn't say it's a weird collection, but my most obscure collection would be Ratigan. :)

I collect johnny fedora and alice bluebonnet... and elmer pins. I have met only 1 other member that collects those.

I don't think mine is weird as much as it is specific, but I'm teetering on expanding 1 of my collections to be "Ursula and Vanessa staring at one another threw a mirror" <_< At the moment, my current collection is "Ursula staring at Vanessa who is in a mirror" but there is another pin of Vanessa staring at Ursula that I had that I didn't like :p

I don't think any of my own collections are really that weird, although I can be rather particular about which pins I want.

My best friend, however, who barely collects pins at all, and is not even a huge Disney lover, has a rather odd collection: She collect Louie - but ONLY Louie - of Huey, Dewey, and Louie. In other words, if there's a pin that comes out with the three nephews, she probably won't want it. But if it's a pin with only Louie (the one with the green shirt), she's gotta have it. :lol:

She's an avid geocacher - has been for years - and she found a small plush Louie in one of her first caches. He's become a good luck charm of sorts, and goes everywhere (absolutely everywhere) with her. I think she's up to 5 Lou pins now, including the WDI Sorcerer Hat Louie I recently got her. :)

mtu2vmgDU8dMT7FSbaKQMnA.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back