• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who has actually used the Designer Princess collection items (not pins or dolls)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has actually used the Designer Princess collection items (not pins or dolls)?

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
So, who has actually cracked open the sticky notes, lip gloss, compact, journal, shirts and more? And actually used them?

I got two (sticky notes and lip gloss) but have yet to use them.

My friend got the Belle shirt and has worn it.

Besides the dolls, I purchased the lip gloss set and all of the journals except Belle, Ariel, and Rapunzel (could never find them in my local store).

The only products I have actually used are the Mulan and Snow White lipgloss. Mulan is a nice clear/shimmery color that would go with everything. Snow White is (naturally) bright red, although because it is a gloss it goes on sheerer than it looks in the tube. I like them both, but do not use them very frequently...I just have other stuff I like better. :)

I don't know what I am going to do with the journals...they are pretty, but I don't keep a journal and cant decide what to use them for. I am thinking about just selling them or trying to trade them for pins (If anyone is interested send me a PM!).

When the designer craze was in full swing I wanted some of the shirts, the sequin clutch, and the Snow White compact...but I probably wouldn't have worn the shirts much, and I am pretty positive that the sequin clutch would have sat on my shelf unused so it is probably for the best that I didn't get them. :) The only item I still kind of regret not getting was the Snow White compact, I would have definitely used it and kept it in my purse...maybe if I find a good deal on one someday (retail price or cheaper) I will snag it. :)

I currently have not used my mugs, but I have used my Ariel nail polish. I've bought the Snow White shirt and have worn in, and have bought the note cards (which I will be framing). I have the Tiana and Aurora journals, but have not written in them (but use the Aurora pen for near everything).

I have the Rapunzel journal but haven't used it yet, but being a writer I hoard journals so it's only a matter of time :lol:

I have the Rapunzel and Jasmine mugs that I haven't used, but my mom has the Belle mug that we have used and it holds up just fine through washing and everything. Love my mugs!

I have the Rapunzel journal but haven't used it yet, but being a writer I hoard journals so it's only a matter of time :lol:

I have the Rapunzel and Jasmine mugs that I haven't used, but my mom has the Belle mug that we have used and it holds up just fine through washing and everything. Love my mugs!

Same! I love journals and I'm addicted to buying them even if I have too many :lol:

I have the Snow White and Rapunzel journal waiting in the wings to use. It's hard for me to start a new writing journal, especially ones so pretty, so I try to sort out which 'story' ideas I may want to dedicate to them before making the commitment to write in them (.... I don't sound as crazy as I think I do... do I? o_O)

The only other item I have is my snow white compact mirror. I use it once in a while but I don't really like to take it places as I fear dropping it like I did with my last pretty compact mirror that I took places :sigh: the plight of the clumsy.

Same! I love journals and I'm addicted to buying them even if I have too many :lol:

I have the Snow White and Rapunzel journal waiting in the wings to use. It's hard for me to start a new writing journal, especially ones so pretty, so I try to sort out which 'story' ideas I may want to dedicate to them before making the commitment to write in them (.... I don't sound as crazy as I think I do... do I? o_O)

The only other item I have is my snow white compact mirror. I use it once in a while but I don't really like to take it places as I fear dropping it like I did with my last pretty compact mirror that I took places :sigh: the plight of the clumsy.

Okay, you sound EXACTLY like me haha - I have a hard time writing in journals because I want it to be one set story idea. Then I can't decide if I should outline and write notes in the journal as well, or if I should just start writing. Do I skip around while writing? Write in order? Write what comes to mind? What if I mess up -do I cross it out or rip the page out? Pen or pencil?

...Yes, that's how my mind works :lol:

I missed out on the nail polish - darn :p

But, as I was looking through my drawers, trying to find a business card (from the many establishments I visit) to stick a pin on, I came across the lip gloss and sticky notes. Which got me to thinking about using them...

Okay, you sound EXACTLY like me haha - I have a hard time writing in journals because I want it to be one set story idea. Then I can't decide if I should outline and write notes in the journal as well, or if I should just start writing. Do I skip around while writing? Write in order? Write what comes to mind? What if I mess up -do I cross it out or rip the page out? Pen or pencil?

...Yes, that's how my mind works :lol:

Oh yay!! I'm not alone! ;D Seriously, I'm totally the same way when it comes to deciding where to start with my writing (beginnings are so hard to write sometimes, but so important at the same time! >_<), what to do when I have to cross things out, and whether to use pen or pencil! I spend half the time thinking about all the particulars that some days I end up not writing at all :doh: :lol:

Those coveted SW t-shirts showed up in our local outlet last month and they were heavily discounted - something like $11 or so if memory serves me right. I did not care for them though.

I have a box of sticky notes, but they are too small to be used. So they are just sitting pretty in my drawer.

I definitely use my Designer Snow White mug on a regular basis. I also have a spare just in case something happens to my functional one. My mom uses the Designer Cinderella mug when she visits. My other 8 Designer Princess mugs are waiting for me to host a tea party or something, someday! They would go great with the two Alice in Wonderland teacups and saucers from the Wonderland Tea giftset and other various mugs for that mix/matched Mad Tea party look. :) I don't use the three journals I bought (Rapunzel, Snow White, and Aurora), since I don't write in journals normally. I'm still kicking around the idea of using one of them for a Disney Parks character autograph book, if I ever go that route -- photos with the characters are good enough for me for now. I can't get myself to use the notecards, despite having a couple of sets. I have brought my Designer Snow White compact mirror to the parks, but like Story, it's too much of a risk to actually use it in public. I wouldn't want to break the darn thing!

Those coveted SW t-shirts showed up in our local outlet last month and they were heavily discounted - something like $11 or so if memory serves me right. I did not care for them though.

$11?!? Wow! That's a great deal! I don't think I've ever seen them at the outlet down in Fullerton. That outlet isn't that great, though.

I have a box of sticky notes, but they are too small to be used. So they are just sitting pretty in my drawer.

That's too cool they were discounted to that price! I totally would have bought it if it were $11. :doh:I actually had kind of hope the designer princess merch would be around longer though, and never got around to getting the mugs or the shirts. :sigh:

My other 8 Designer Princess mugs are waiting for me to host a tea party or something, someday! They would go great with the two Alice in Wonderland teacups and saucers from the Wonderland Tea giftset and other various mugs for that mix/matched Mad Tea party look. :)

Ahh, that'd be such a cute tea party!! ^_^ If you ever get around to hosting one, I'd love to see pics of the setup! :D

FYI, there is an eBay listing for the Designer Rapunzel mug up for sale for $28.99 each (shipping fees separate). The listing has two available. This is the lowest I have seen the Designer Rapunzel mug in quite some time (if ever), so if anyone is interested, this may be a good opportunity. :)

I bought about 6 mugs: Aurora, Ariel, Rapunzel, Belle, Jasmine and Mulan. My family and I use them everyday! I personally love seeing my father use it. ;) lol

I have not used my mugs yet.

For those of you that have used them have they changed color because of the coffee / tea?

I have the Rapunzel journal if anyone is interested in trading for or buying it. :)

I have the mugs but am waiting till my new husband and I move into a new place to unpack them and use them.

And I am STILL looking for the Snow White scarf. ;)

I have not used my mugs yet.

For those of you that have used them have they changed color because of the coffee / tea?

I use my Designer Snow White mug for tea, and the usual staining from the color of the tea will settle on the interior surface. However, if you are pretty diligent in cleaning your mug promptly after use, if comes right off. I can't say for coffee, but there are cleaning products out there that lift off even the toughest coffee stains (I worked at a cafe in my youth). By the way, I always hand-wash my Designer princess mugs. I know that they should be dishwasher safe, but I'd rather take matters into my own hands, just to be safe.

I ended up giving my clutch away since it was collecting dust on the shelf. I would have never used it. If I had used it, my make-up might have stained the inside of it. I really didn't have use for it, I just bought it to have it. But I'm glad the person I gave it to appreciates it and will take better care of it than I would have if I had used it or not. I've used my lip glosses (I bought two just in case), all of the nail polish, compact, and have worn both my Snow White & Jasmine tee. My mugs are displayed in my cabinet. I have not used my journals either. I don't know if I'll ever use it to be honest. I have only used my sticky notes a couple of times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back