• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GAME!! Secret Santa pin exchange where you can STEAL! Muahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
*dies laughing*

Okay so... if my pin got stolen by kupo, that means I now either pick a new number or steal something that's still available for stealing, yes?

That's my understanding of it! :)

Ok, Jrdnsmom has to pick or steal now! (I think I followed what happend back in post 1, Jrdnsmom picks/steals and the circumstances play out...and then it's finally up to Swinginkitten, who can end it by picking a number or continue the game with a steal.)

Last edited:
I think next I will do this with 10 people, pin must be LE1000 or lower, and valued $20 or more, with a trades wants ration better than 2 wants for every 1 trade. A high-end version if you will. But next time I am going to figure out a way to make it fair so I can steal also because now I'm kinda bummed I'm just stuck with the last pick. :(

I think next I will do this with 10 people, pin must be LE1000 or lower, and valued $20 or more, with a trades wants ration better than 2 wants for every 1 trade. A high-end version if you will. But next time I am going to figure out a way to make it fair so I can steal also because now I'm kinda bummed I'm just stuck with the last pick. :(

I'm all for that, but the problem is that value is based on the person who is receiving it so I don't know if you can do that $20 thing :( However, sometimes the way I've played it is that the last person gets to steal and then whoever goes first gets one last chance to steal, ending the game off. The reason why is because the person who goes first is essentially in the same position as you mark in that they can only pick a random one or get stuck with one that they have no idea what it is (they can't steal and they don't know what they are receiving).

The reason it is fair to go last is because if a great one is picked randomly first, it will most likely be locked down before it gets to you, but if it isn't stolen you can get it seeing all the other options, so it is a toss up.

Whoever knows all the pins shouldn't be allowed to play considering they know exactly what to choose and pick so I think you (mark) should still run it since you ran it beautifully, but have someone who you can contact at all times who is the forums know the pins and then text them when you need a number (they can keep the list on their phone).

I don't mind you stealing - maybe we could take a vote?

I don't mind you stealing - maybe we could take a vote?

I vote that I'm okay with that too (I'm also okay with the first person stealing) BUT I don't know if you want to count mine because I already locked mine down :( So people might say "oh, he is okay with stealing because his pin can't be stolen" and such, so count my vote if you want :)

I'm all for that, but the problem is that value is based on the person who is receiving it so I don't know if you can do that $20 thing :( However, sometimes the way I've played it is that the last person gets to steal and then whoever goes first gets one last chance to steal, ending the game off. The reason why is because the person who goes first is essentially in the same position as you mark in that they can only pick a random one or get stuck with one that they have no idea what it is (they can't steal and they don't know what they are receiving).

The reason it is fair to go last is because if a great one is picked randomly first, it will most likely be locked down before it gets to you, but if it isn't stolen you can get it seeing all the other options, so it is a toss up.

Whoever knows all the pins shouldn't be allowed to play considering they know exactly what to choose and pick so I think you (mark) should still run it since you ran it beautifully, but have someone who you can contact at all times who is the forums know the pins and then text them when you need a number (they can keep the list on their phone).

That would be too much back and forth with someone else. I am thinking I'll get a random spot like all of you, and then have someone else randomly pick a number for me. If my pin gets stolen I can only steal from whatever is available which is as fair as anyone that gets to chose to pick a number or steal what is available. That way I am never picking a number, the first time it is random, if that is stolen I choose from what is revealed.

I would determine if the pin is worth $20 or not. As the game moderator. Also, if a pin is under 1000 LE and has double wants to trades it's probably gonna be a decent pin.

I usually play also where the first player gets to go last but I figured as the moderator it was only fair if I get the last pin and can't steal as I do know what is available (revealed and still concealed.)

Last edited:
Mark, I think all of what you said is fair, including the new values.

I would love to play again-- this has been SO FUN-- and if my pin was one of the not so great ones I apologize; I promise it was more out of being uncertain than out of not being willing to share.

Mark, I think all of what you said is fair, including the new values.

I would love to play again-- this has been SO FUN-- and if my pin was one of the not so great ones I apologize; I promise it was more out of being uncertain than out of not being willing to share.

No no no. I'm having lots of fun! Hehe, mischevious little kid in me is exstatic I got 15 players and this is such fun! I guess Pin-a-colada is thinking of doing a cool white elephant exchange next so we'll see.

If you want Mark, I'll run the next round so you can play. Since I'm a teacher and it is winter break, I have plenty of free time.

That is so nice of you bombardon!!! Wow! I think we could somehow incorporate a volunteer...maybe like there is a new volunteer each time that gets on a lot and that that person opts out of that game and definitely is guaranteed the next game...not sure how to work that out though.

P.S. Mark, I do hope my pin was a good one, I honestly thought it was pretty good considering it came out a while back and those type of pins tend to be popular. I'm sorry if you think mine wasn't all that great :( I think people liked it...

That is so nice of you bombardon!!! Wow! I think we could somehow incorporate a volunteer...maybe like there is a new volunteer each time that gets on a lot and that that person opts out of that game and definitely is guaranteed the next game...not sure how to work that out though.

P.S. Mark, I do hope my pin was a good one, I honestly thought it was pretty good considering it came out a while back and those type of pins tend to be popular. I'm sorry if you think mine wasn't all that great :( I think people liked it...

I apologize, I spoke out loud and I shouldn't have. Comment removed. Your pin was great! Evident by it being one of the ones stolen!

I will volunteer to run the one after bombardon. Maybe whoever runs the competition gets to pick the pins and amount of players involved. Keep changing it up a bit! :)

I apologize, I spoke out loud and I shouldn't have. Comment removed. Your pin was great! Evident by it being one of the ones stolen!

You are right, it was stolen lol! YAY! However, for the sake of those involved, let us make a point to not reveal who put which pins where because I don't want anyone to look down upon someone else because they didn't like a pin. I have enjoyed every pin that was revealed and am very happy with the outcome.

P.S. If Pin-A-Colada is going to do one next, I don't think anyone else should as having too many Secret Santas on the board I think will get really hectic (also having no more than 20 members because having too many is a problem with getting everyone on)

I will volunteer to run the one after bombardon. Maybe whoever runs the competition gets to pick the pins and amount of players involved. Keep changing it up a bit! :)

I LIKE THIS IDEA! I CALL AFTER PATRIN WHO IS AFTER BOMBARDON OR PIN-A-COLADA :)

let us make a point to not reveal who put which pins where because I don't want anyone to look down upon someone else because they didn't like a pin.
I don't plan to reveal to anyone who gave what. Hence why I asked for everyone's address. I am going to PM the address of the final pin owner to the original pin giver and the pin giver can mail it as "secret santa" or if they are fine with revealing themselves, hand off in person if they know the other person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back