• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Princess Carousel Release DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on the plus side this will prolly make Floridians happy, if they did in fact get the majority of the shipment.

There's just one thing I don't understand though (and Romancing_Train I am in no way saying that u are pulling our legs):

If the 300 box thing is true.... why in the world would a CM/CMs disclose this to guests?? That kind of information that was given would cause mass hysteria and rumpled feathers (myself included)....

OOOooohhh can you post some pics if you dont mind?
sorry box wasnt mine ...but i dont lie and only say what is true...i have one of them now on auction...
4b2c4c54-482c-48f7-bb01-7a9ceed76ce6_zps93e95721.jpg
[/IMG]

Well on the plus side this will prolly make Floridians happy, if they did in fact get the majority of the shipment.

There's just one thing I don't understand though (and Romancing_Train I am in no way saying that u are pulling our legs):

If the 300 box thing is true.... why in the world would a CM/CMs disclose this to guests?? That kind of information that was given would cause mass hysteria and rumpled feathers (myself included)....

We asked how the release was going to go and if they were doing wristbands and if it were true they would sell them by the brick.

Well if they didn't disclose it and 100 people showed up...I think that'd cause more problems then a few hundred right? It's like at DSF....

But wouldn't they say they were bricks then? So 3000 boxes of pins?

I like this idea :D

A brick is just 10 boxes put together by plastic wrap... right? (I don't know, never bought one.)

It doesn't make sense to ship a bunch of tiny boxes, when they could put 5 "bricks" in one big box?

We asked how the release was going to go and if they were doing wristbands and if it were true they would sell them by the brick.

Well if they didn't disclose it and 100 people showed up...I think that'd cause more problems then a few hundred right? It's like at DSF....

Hmm, true true. Well it's prolly my denial talking now bc I really hope DLR got more than 300 boxes of these pins :(

unless they meant they had 300 boxes with boxes of pins inside them? :p

LOL YES!!!! Love this re-frame!! Let's hope so right?!? :D

On Sunday I went to Fly 'n Buy and the cast member brought out a binder that had the shipment information. He said that the shipment was 1500 boxes, and that Fly 'n Buy was only getting 40 boxes. He said the majority of the shipment was going to DTD, LGM, and Westward Ho. He also said that the shipment had already arrived. Who knows....

On Sunday I went to Fly 'n Buy and the cast member brought out a binder that had the shipment information. He said that the shipment was 1500 boxes, and that Fly 'n Buy was only getting 40 boxes. He said the majority of the shipment was going to DTD, LGM, and Westward Ho. He also said that the shipment had already arrived. Who knows....

Yeah that sounds more believable. 300 boxes doesn't sound like enough to go around, especially on the first day of release!

These will probably be like the family portrait series from last year. They were limited release, but they were there on the shelves practically all year long. After they sold out they were quickly filled up on the shelves again. No need to panic :)

Wasn't trying to cause panic ;A; Just trying to help.

It's not your fault, it's the CMs who don't have a definite answer. One CM will say this and another will say that! They should just announce the number of boxes per person, where they'll be sold, etc. all on ODPT.com so there is no confusion, but that's not the case :(

Yeah that sounds more believable. 300 boxes doesn't sound like enough to go around, especially on the first day of release!

These will probably be like the family portrait series from last year. They were limited release, but they were there on the shelves practically all year long. After they sold out they were quickly filled up on the shelves again. No need to panic :)

+100

All this chaos is totally turning me off on the set. I wanted 10 boxes in hopes of getting a complete set and some traders, but I have a bad feeling now. I bet they purposely misinformed collectors to build the hype and these will just be mass produced. Kinda disappointed that there's only LR. The Merida chaser should have at least been LE. I'm going to have to really contemplate. If its anything like family portraits than this will just be another pin set people will charge through the nose for during the first month or so than it will drop to the most pathetic price. It's not like the original DA carousel pins that were le 100. I guess only time will tell. Good luck to everyone who wants them. I'm hoping to get a set, but I'm definitely not paying too much more than retail. These just aren't that nice for me to justify prices like BTs or R/C girls.

I'm hoping that people are allowed more than 2 boxes per person. I have someone who is getting some for herself and is getting me two boxes since I can't be there.. If it's only 2 per person I guess I'll just have to hope and pray they don't sell out by the time I get there on Friday morning.

I called as did my friend and his brother. The story we got is there are 300 boxes split between BOTH parks. There will be 50 in downtown Disney 50in DCA and 50 in DLR. The cast members also told all three of us they will NOT be getting another shipment :( . Im really ...REALLY getting worried

I called as did my friend and his brother. The story we got is there are 300 boxes split between BOTH parks. There will be 50 in downtown Disney 50in DCA and 50 in DLR. The cast members also told all three of us they will NOT be getting another shipment :( . Im really ...REALLY getting worried

who is lining up with me wed night?

Wait what...? 50, 50 and 50 is 150....??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back