• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Princess Carousel Release DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Carousel Release DLR
I am FREAKING out over these. I have to get a whole set for myself and 1 extra for a trade. Omg. I just planned a whole picture I was going to paint of a carousel to pin these on! Ugh!!!!

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know this, but if the pins aren't being released until the 14th, how does LANNYard have a box already and selling the pins on eBay? :confused::dunno:

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know this, but if the pins aren't being released until the 14th, how does LANNYard have a box already and selling the pins on eBay? :confused::dunno:

I don't see any sold on eBay. However in another thread it was said that dlr had a cast member that mistakenly sold 10 boxes.

they are clearly a cast member stealing stuff from the store duh lol j/k. I dont know about lannyard but someone else posted that about 10 boxes were put up early by mistake

Thanks everyone. I understand now. I missed the post about the boxes sold early. LANNYard said he was auctioning them off on eBay so I just went off what he posted. I was just curious about it. I hope everyone can get a set of these pins who want them.

Wow! I woke up this morning to find this thread and I went from stressed about it, to calm and kinda go with the flow, and now I'm stressed again. Ugh! On the flip side, I don't have to worry about the Punzel. I saw a pic of one and wow is her face jacked! :eek2: The Tiana that's for auction here seems to be ok but I'm not sure how I feel about these things. Between the hit or miss detailing and the mess that appears to be occurring with the numbers, I'm all over the place. I'm a Brave person so the Merida will be a must have for me, regardless...which really sucks since that's the flipping chaser. Ugh! Maybe I need to go back to bed and worry about this later :lol:

sorry box wasnt mine ...but i dont lie and only say what is true...i have one of them now on auction...
4b2c4c54-482c-48f7-bb01-7a9ceed76ce6_zps93e95721.jpg
[/IMG]

So, we are going ga-ga over this? Seriously ?? What did princess fever do to you people ? LOL ....

Just look at that pin. The art-work is sloppy and Tiana looks like she is stoned :rofl:

If you buy this very same pin from Ebay, would you not question if it is a scrapper looking at those eyes and huge blob of white as mouth ?

Wow, I'm a very nice guy that happen to get a pin early..so some people need to watch what they say....that really sucks..

There is a Merida listed on Ebay for $150 OBO. The picture is blurry, but Merida looks seriously demented :(

Oh ok... here is an early morning joke:

Disney finally found a way to deal with scrapper sellers. They are *now* making their own scrapper quality pins :rofl:

Last edited:
Wow, I'm a very nice guy that happen to get a pin early..so some people need to watch what they say....that really sucks..

I'm sorry if you felt slighted by my comment. I was not accusing you of anything. I merely wanted to know how someone had one if they hadn't been released yet. I don't believe anyone thought I was being accusatory and I was given my answer very nicely by a few people.

I know that they are not as highly desired as the Carousel pins... but the Jeweled Crest Pins have also been released early. I asked a cast member about it and she was just like I guess our mistake is lucky for you :D. They were not in Pin Traders in DTD but in Frontierland and Castle Couture (in Fantasyland). ( I am sure other stores as well)

I know that they are not as highly desired as the Carousel pins... but the Jeweled Crest Pins have also been released early. I asked a cast member about it and she was just like I guess our mistake is lucky for you :D. They were not in Pin Traders in DTD but in Frontierland and Castle Couture (in Fantasyland). ( I am sure other stores as well)

With Open Edition pins, they don't have to wait for a date, they can just put them out. For limited release and limited edition they are supposed to put them out the date as posted. However, it ALWAYS seems Emporium accidentally slips some pins out early to people. Often the same people get them some how. I think those people just go to the park at opening and run store to store to see if any CM's were dumb enough to put them out. On the flip side, I don't put it past people to have CM friends that sell a few early. Not saying Lannyard did that, just, I'm sure it has happened. They did it with the Brave Opening day pins, then sharks were flipping them on eBay for like $60 right away. Turns out the pin was worth about $16 max the day they were released because every ebay seller and pin trader bought up the whole lot and like 30 people had 30 pins each.
I find the pins that go super high in value are the pins that either slowly sold to tons of differnet people or pins that sold out right away but were limited to the number you could buy. Reveal/Conceal girls sold out slowly, many didn't think they'd go huge until they started disappearing from trading books. The golden key AP pin from last year is an LE3000 and probably didn't sell out for a few weeks but turns out the collection was a hit and the first one was hardest to get.
I think it's unfair Disney sent more to WDW but I'm sure they could use a few good pins to pry DSF & WDI pins out our CA hands, but I bet most of these go to eBay and we're forced to buy them rather than trade for them. All that does is give eBay more money. But I'll do what I can to get my set. If they limit 2 in CA and do like 10 or 25 in FL I'll be pretty ticked off though. I just want like 4 or 5 boxes to start my collection, that means I have 8 to 10 pins to start. Then it is much easier to complete the set. Only having 4 of probably none makes it stupid to try to get them. I foresee sets of the 10 the day of release going for $350-$400 and I'm having none of that!

This whole thing is so, SO silly.

Is it possible that this release will be like the Pixar Boxes, sell out immediately and then start trickling back? I'm still so confused over what "Limited Release" actually means in terms of numbers and availability. I'm trying to convince myself that since so much of the artwork looks pretty sloppy that I really don't want the whole set, and yet I know I totally do... Sigh.

This whole thing is so, SO silly.

Is it possible that this release will be like the Pixar Boxes, sell out immediately and then start trickling back? I'm still so confused over what "Limited Release" actually means in terms of numbers and availability. I'm trying to convince myself that since so much of the artwork looks pretty sloppy that I really don't want the whole set, and yet I know I totally do... Sigh.
My problem is that the later release dates aren't posted, they just magically appear later on. And CM's never keep their mouths shut to their friends so people always end up knowing when and where and they will just keep selling out.

My problem is that the later release dates aren't posted, they just magically appear later on. And CM's never keep their mouths shut to their friends so people always end up knowing when and where and they will just keep selling out.

It does seem very... random. Even if they could announce that there are (purely hypothetically pulling a number out of nowhere) 2,000 boxes - release 500 a week on a set day for four weeks. (ex/ every thursday) It gives people on vacation a shot to get some, plus if you were a local or a collector trying to help a friend, you'd know which days to be there and be lined up. I think I also believe that LE and LR blind boxes are kind of crazy. If you're a diehard Ariel collector or Rapunzel collector or Belle collector - the odds are already stacked against you by a collection that is LE or LR, why make it even HARDER by making it a blind box?! I guess that's part of the hobby and fun of trading, but man... it's tough! You could spend a TON of money on a ZILLION boxes and it's really truly the luck of the draw!

Also, with LE or LR items, I am really surprised that some leaked early. I don't know, but I guess I would have expected these things to have been more clearly marked for a "DO NOT OPEN/DISPLAY UNTIL X DATE." Mistakes happen, I guess.

I don't know, I truly wish I could go to these releases and help out, but even as an observer, it seems incredibly frustrating and disheartening...

Sorry. Got a little rant-y there. My heart is with Li and the others who volunteered their help and time to try to give others a chance at some boxes. I'm trying to stay optimistic...

EDIT: I am dumb and missed where LANNYard mentioned that it's a random Reveal/Conceal box and you can see the front pin. Derp. My bad.

Last edited:
where can you see a close up picture the one on pinpics is way to small. I want to see these things before I go ga ga over wanting them. I would rather have them all then none. I like to complete sets more then particular people. But if they are sloppy looking. I am not going to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back