• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WINNER VIDEO UP.WATCH BOTH VIDEOS!Happy Holidays gift

WINNER VIDEO UP.WATCH BOTH VIDEOS!Happy Holidays gift

simbanino

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
195   0   0
hello guys, so as some of you might know i left pin trading over a year ago, and i have to say that is was a wonderful experience, to meet so many wonderful people. and i have been selling my entire collection but i still have a few more traders since i don't have the time to sit and sell everything and price everything, anyways, so i want to give back to the DPF community, so i came out with this game and i hope i place this in the right place, if not please move it to the right location.

To enter the game there is one cost, a smile. :) that is all.

so here is the game i thought about it, you have to write a post saying something positive DPF and the disney pin trading community has brought to your life(if you gonna be negative please stay out, this is a negativity free zone, just smiles for miles), once you make that one post saying how pin trading has affected your life in a positive way, you are in. i will be taking the names of the member that made the post and do the random selection name thingy and post a video to show it.

PRIZES... Okay here is the prizes...

there is gonna be sections,

Section A(You get to pick one pin from this section)
or Section B PODMS (you get to Pick one from here some are signed by artist)
or sections C (you get to pick two pins from here)
or Section D is a surprise, i will personally put together a goody bag for the winner, it can have anything from 1 LE 100 to a PODM pin, or a few HTF pins, any pin or pins can be here is whether you want to be surprise or not.

RULES RULES
no matter how many times you post your name will only be enter once
you have to be a member for DPF for at least the past 2 weeks
you have to have at least 50 posts
You have to smile as you enter your post :)

i think that is about it, if i left anything out or you guys have any questions post here, no PM about this.

will be posting the prices of the sections tomorrow but i will post a few now to get people excited.

Happy holidays :)

I will be picking a winner December 17, you have to make your post by Monday 16 11:59 pm (am in florida, what is that, eastern time, or something like that? lol, anyways florida time)

GOOD LUCK GUYS

Last edited:
PRICES: WINNER PICS PRICES FROM ANY OF THESE SECTIONS...

Section A (1 from here)

pin86275
Pin 86275
pin79825
Pin 79825
pin93681
Pin 93681
pin94732
Pin 94732(brand new in package, best friend that worked that day was only one who got it)
pin53872
Pin 53872
pin54409
Pin 54409

Last edited:
Happy Holidays!!!

You are very generous for providing us a chance at a dash of pixie dust this Christmas. I have a deja-vu question, were you a cm/cp? Dizpins/DPF were outlets which I could express about being a Disney fan, especially disney pin trading of which I grew to enjoy as a CP. I feel as if I have been definitely welcomed as a valued member here and if given the opportunity can't wait to meet any of you...

Last edited:
Yes Glad to see something Positive on here. Now on to the game:
How has being a DPF member changed me , I have met many new friends that I get to see when I go to the pin trading events, and I have increased my collection thru trading and purchasing from others on here as well. :)

Sorry to hear that you are no longer continuing with the hobby but it is understandable. Thank you so much as well for doing something so nice for the community.

In relation to something positive about the forum. Living in a completely different country where there are not as many people that understand my obsession with Disney, DPF has helped me find other people all around the world that I can relate to. It is also through the site that I was able to keep myself well informed to stay on top of releases and it is through here that I have made some amazing friends from all walks of life. I find the site has become somewhat an addition for me too as I check it everyday to see how things are going in the Disney Collecting world and to also catch up with my new found friends.

I just think it is an amazing site which I am grateful for as it really brings like minded people together with similar interests and it is so easy to make friends on here without being judged for who you are or what you represent. Thank you DPF! :)

Yay! This sounds like a fun game. Can't wait to read everyone else's posts!

Well, my positive spin is something like this. I'm a Stay at Home Mom and I'm trying to build my own business from home as well. I can't really work outside the home because my son is special needs and I have to pick him up from school sometimes and do Dr. runs, etc etc etc. Plus we're military so we move every 3-4 years. So I stay at home all day and live in a new place every few years. I don't get to meet many new people and usually I don't have anyone to talk to since I don't know anyone where I live. Pin trading and DPF has allowed me to "meet" a lot of people though, and have some really kind and wonderful people to talk to. And after this last move, thanks to DPF I've met a couple of people who live in my area and we've gotten to hang out a bit in real life which is so great. It feels so nice to have a couple friendly faces nearby. I haven't had that in a really long time. And I wouldn't have known them or any of the other wonderful people here without those shiny pieces of metal, and this place where we can all come and talk about them :)

Great game, and thank you for doing this. It is people like you that make this hobby so enjoyable. Wish you weren't leaving!

DPF has been a place where I can go and enjoy discussing Disney things without feeling out of place. Disney fandom is one of those things where you feel weird discussing it with people, but once you learn they are Disney fans, thats all you can talk about. DPF has allowed me to become part of this wonderful Disney pin community. Like minded people who are willing to wait hours in the cold, in a dirty alley, just for a single pin. It is a place where I feel accepted and welcome. It is full of kindness hand happiness (except for the little drama moments, but those are fun to watch!) and it has helped me through tough times. I have made many friends through DPF, and I am thankful to be part of this wonderful DPF community.

I really can't say anything bad about the DPF community!. For the most part everyone here tries to help everyone else out. Pins are picked up for a little over cost ... There are so many Random acts of kindness and zaps of pin or other zaps that love is always being sprinkled and sometimes beating someone over the head! Lol. I love this community as it has such a fun and strong support system. I often invite others to join and most love it here too. I used to live in southern California where we had a lot of access to pins and the parks. When we moved to Colorado. ..that obviously stopped. DPF has helped us to still enjoy trading and meeting other happy Disney people! It is my break at work when it is a tough day....and my escape from the snow (which I am not a fan of..) so thank you DPF community for all the wonderful experiences.

I am still sad to see you go. Thank you for giving back to the community that you loved as well. Maybe someday you will be back. ..and DPF.. we'll be here for you again.

:) I've only been a member for about 3 months, but in that time I have come to feel like part of the group! The sense of family here is incredible. To see people giving their time, money, pins etc. to help others in need, like for Ida's Bike, or helping ksnuggles get back on her pin trading feet, its very moving. It shows you that there are still people in this world who aren't out for themselves, who truly care to make the lives of others better, and spread a little cheer. Its contagious and I love it! I also love that we're all here for the same reason... DISNEY! Whether its pins, dolls, other collectibles, movies, or the parks, there's always someone to talk to about it, and that's a pretty awesome feeling too :)

I love reading all the answers on this thread... Like most of the posts thus far, what dpf and pin trading has brought to my life is friendships I would not have had otherwise. I've met some amazing people here who share a lot of the same interests I do (namely, a love for Disney bordering on obsession). And I've met some people who have become real friends! For just one example, when I went to last year's pin trading event, one dpf member I met there for the first time was kind enough to let me stay with her for a day and walk me through registration, and another dpf member I'd just met kept me company for the entire event and really taught me the basics of pin trading and how events work. Through this community, I've made too many friends to list- and I'm incredibly grateful for having each and every one of them in my life now. :)

I haven't been pin trading long, but I have already witnessed and been the recipient of numerous acts of kindness. This forum has so many experienced members who want nothing more than to help us newbies out and be generous with their collections (people like you!). Thanks to them I've been able to share pin trading with my family and friends. Living in the Midwest means that years go by between my visits to the parks. But thanks to places like this, I get a little dose of Disney magic every day! :)

:drool: I have been collecting pins for many years, but only until recently did I sort of keep it a secret. Easy to say i collect comic books, but pins...i get questionning looks. I didn't make lanyards much less wear them. Then I met 3 ladies who became wonderful friends, and it came out that we were all Disney fanatics. Ever since, I am so happy to showcase my pin collection at the parks. Then they referred me to this website, and it was a dream come true. You mean people can talk about their pins? You mean I can purchase at good prices? You mean I can trade? And I can pin zap? I get joy for others when they get their pins. Yes I can do that all here and can't help but go on here everyday to read and catch up.

I started pin trading during our trip this past May/June. While I did a little bit of trading, I didn't REALLY start until I got home. I found this board and lurked for a little while until I used my account. I learned more about the pins and the community and really started to love it. I learned how to better judge even trades, detect scrappers and fakes and how to deal with the other traders in general. This made our second trip to WDW this year in October so much more fun for me.

During our last trip we ran into a couple at the Pin Trading store in DTD at WDW. We worked out a trade for something I had that the husband wanted and went on our way. Throughout our week there we kept running into them again and again in the most random places. We would run into them while getting a snack, while on our way to the bathroom, and they even were eating at a restaurant the same time we were! We'd make a trade here and there from our new pickings, but he knew I really wanted this one Maleficent pin that he had for my BF's new collection (I got him into the pins now too, mwhahahaha...). On our last day we ran into them AGAIN as we were heading out of the park after the fireworks. The husband stopped me and asked if I was still looking for the Maleficent pin he had. I was, so he took a look at my traders on my lanyard. Although I didn't have much, he chose a pin of mine that he already had. It was a VERY uneven trade for him (and I even pointed this out to him), but he insisted. He took a fairly common pin that he said he would be able to trade with a CM or younger trader for a more rare Maleficent pin I was trying to get for my BF! :) It was a very nice experience and very nice of him.

It has also made me much more enthusiastic about the parks. Sure, the parks are fun to go to, but the BF and his friends have been there a ton of times, so they know exactly what they want to do and when. Everything is super planned out ahead of time. I'd just follow along kinda bored. Now, much to the BF's annoyance, I am sprinting through the park from person to person just looking at what pins they have. Pin Trading really gave me my own thing to do at the park so I can enjoy it without just following the BF and our friends around mindlessly. :)

(And of course, I've met a few wonderful people here in the process!)

This is a really awesome thread.

I have to say I am a rather shy person. I like to stay at home a lot and I don't really do a lot with friends. I would say that DPF has helped me talk to people I would have never met in my entire life. Not to mention, I have met three members from here that all live in places rather far away except one. If it hadn't been for DPF I would have never been able to talk and arrange with them to meet them.

Also, I don't know a lot of people around me who are as Disney obsessed as I am. Here I get to share that with a lot of people. And they don't think I am insane or crazy as much as my parents or other family does. :) I really love that I have found this site. Although it has caused a few issues with me wanting to spend more time on here than with friends and doing homework, but overall, I really do love the community and atmosphere.

:)

:) For me it is the love, care and kindness that is shown here that has made an impact on my life personally. Some of my closest friends I have made through this forum and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. So many caring and thoughtful people on here that think of others more important than themselves. :)

Thanks for the chance for folks to post some positivity!

I want to thank not only the folks on DPF that have been willing to:
-trade with me or even taken a casual glance at any of my lists
-trade with me when I had little (or no) feedback
-return a PM with a trade offer out of the blue, even if the answer was 'not interested' (which is way better than no answer at all!)
-be welcoming to a new person
-make me feel like I'm not entirely insane with 1) being that into the tiny metal things we all adore and 2) my want list - as strict as it is, it's nothing compared to some out there!
-make trades at all. At the end of the day it requires a lot of faith that you're going to get something back, that it will be authentic and not damaged. Of all the pins I've traded on DPF, I've only had an issue with one single pin. That's a pretty good percentage!

And most importantly, thank you to the people that run the site!

:wavey:

Nice to see you posting again. Hope all is well. I think what impresses me most about DPF is how many sweet and generous people there are. Not just related to pins either. People reaching out to help others. Collecting money to get a special bike for a little girl. So awesome! I have met some very nice people here and kindled some great friendships. I have made lots of fun trades, been zapped, zapped others, gone to pin trading meet ups.......if it wasn't for DPF, none of this would have happened.

:) Very nice of you to do this for the DPF community. The best part of this community for me is seeing the kind things done for each other. I enjoy reading the posts of what is happening around the world when everyone shares their experiences with this hobby. I am mostly an acquirer of pins(hard for to let the ones go I have) and I have received many from fellow DPFers. We all do not live next to the parks and this community always supplies those of us with the newest releases.

Merry Christmas to all
Bob

:) It is so nice of you to do this. I started pin trading with my sister when we were younger we loved going up to cast members and talking to them and trading. We don't live by the parks so we don't get to enjoy it that often. Then I found DPF, it was like being back in the parks, people were so nice to each other and I was lucky enough to receive a zap from some one. It has made me be able to enjoy pin trading again. It has rekindled the joy i felt towards disney from when I was a child and has just made me happier. Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays

:) Happy Holidays! I got into pin trading because my daughter started working at Disneyland in 2005. My husband and I would go on Sundays and stalk her and photograph her and wander aimlessly thru the park. She suggested that her and I try this "thing" that guests were doing. Pin trading. We got some traders at Company D and for a year, I made her approach cast members because I was such a chicken. Eventually, I decided to "man up" and try to trade for myself. Then she told me about this "on line" pin trading. Well, almost 2000 pins later, I have no intention of stopping. I LOVE getting information on DPF and reading about people's pin-victories and personal stories. I attach pins to presents, I decorate with pins, I decorate myself with pins, I stand in my hallway and stare at my bulletin boards full of pins! I thank my daughter for getting me hooked, I thank the forum for keeping me informed, and I thank my husband for being a good sport and following me thru Disneyland from cast member to cast member :)

How fun! I have a huge smile on my face reading what DPF and pin trading has brought into their lives. I am a bit shy so trading has helped me to open up a bit. I love reading about all the kind acts that people do for one another. :)

Back