• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WINNER VIDEO UP.WATCH BOTH VIDEOS!Happy Holidays gift

WINNER VIDEO UP.WATCH BOTH VIDEOS!Happy Holidays gift
Well. I love all things Disney. So when I discovered Disney pins, it just enhanced that love I have always had for Disney. These beautiful pieces of metal, in my opinion, each are representations of Disney magic, in their own unique way. When I found Disney Pin forum, I sort of made a jerk of myself the first little bit, I'll admit. I was over eager, and at times just to darn annoying and I know I've made a few people I'll on here with that. I've learned though, and I have met some very amazing people here, and it astounds with all the crap going on in the world, I can come here and experience true kindness, and share my excitement and love of Disney with other Disney fanatics like myself. DPF and all it's members, have brought a smile to my face and a laugh as well. I am absolutely happy to have found such a magical place with all these magical people. :)

DPF has brought me out of my shell quite a bit I'd say, as a shy person I was always nervous to post questions or comments or opinions and this is such a safe environment to do so :) It also has been a place for me to feel safe and grow in my love for Disney. I've gotten more comfortable on here lately and have found that everyone is so amazing in mind and spirit. There's so much intelligent and thoughtful contribution, as well as loving and kind contribution and it's a great environment to explore.

Thank you for doing this :)

Well this one was easy for me. Soon DPF will have changed my daugthers life! What started as a post for fun on a wishing thread has soon ended in my dauther getting a bike specially built just for her! This means she will finally be able to ride a bike with her identical twin sister and friends. Thia means more to me and my family than I can even start to explain in words.
So many nights I have been sitting with her crying in my arms because she was not able to play with her friends. All she ever wanted is a bike. And now thanks to this amazing community her wish has soon come true.

Of course I have made some amazing friends, and I get really happy by looking at our pins that people here have helpt us get. We live in Sweden so its hard to get pins over here. And for the year I have been a member here people have not been anything but nice and helpful to us.

But still nothing can really beat that morning when I woke up and found my inbox full of pms from people wanting to help us with Idas bike, and threads of people starting to collect money to help us pay for it.

Its just pure live. Nothing else.

DPF have truly changed our lives for the better!!!

You are very generous for providing us a chance at a dash of pixie dust this Christmas. I have a deja-vu question, were you a cm/cp? Dizpins/DPF were outlets which I could express about being a Disney fan, especially disney pin trading of which I grew to enjoy as a CP. I feel as if I have been definitely welcomed as a valued member here and if given the opportunity can't wait to meet any of you...

that is awesome, as for your question no i was never a CM but i was at disney parks all day before i got back to school lol so if you went to disney you might of had seen me sometime lol. :)

i am so happy to read all these amazing positive things, we are a family, we fight we bump heads but over all we have to learn to stay respectful to each other, thank you guys for participating, will be updating the gifts options soon :)

:) Wow, how nice of you to set this up for everyone! I think this alone, explains why I like the forums so much.

My girlfriend and I got into pin trading and then joined the forum during a rocky time with some former friends. Lots of negativity and bad feelings going around. As we checked out threads and chatted with folks, we saw the real sense of community and friendship they offered: an actual family. SO many internet threads and forums devolve into simple name calling and rudeness but everyone here really seems to cherish what this is all about, and everyone they interact with. We are VERY proud and happy to say that we are members of the Disney Pin forum!

:) wow, how nice of you to set this up for everyone! I think this alone, explains why i like the forums so much.

My girlfriend and i got into pin trading and then joined the forum during a rocky time with some former friends. Lots of negativity and bad feelings going around. As we checked out threads and chatted with folks, we saw the real sense of community and friendship they offered: An actual family. So many internet threads and forums devolve into simple name calling and rudeness but everyone here really seems to cherish what this is all about, and everyone they interact with. We are very proud and happy to say that we are members of the disney pin forum!

that is awesome :)

To be truthful, I've never been on any forum because I really doubted the possibility that strong friendships could be built over such long distances and without personal connections. I was extremely hesitant when to join the forum despite multiple recommendations by people I traded with on Pinpics, including Tiggermickey and Dawny. Despite my reservations, I decided to create an account, and just stealthily watch what went on here.

Slowly, I started to see the reason why this place was so deservedly recommended. I vicariously experienced immense generosity from so many members, witnessed the support and concern that others expressed when something happened to a forum member. It was then that my hesitation went away. Much to my initial disbelief,bonds began to develop with different members of the community, and friendships quickly formed. DPF has introduced a new perspective in my life -- these relationships are not filled with selfish motives, rather, there is more good to people than one can imagine.

Through DPF, I have created multiple friendships, positively affected many people's lives by donating $ in times of need, and zapping many pins over my time here. To be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way, and in due time, I hope to have even more to give to all the members who make this place such a great place for the hobby, and such a great family to the members.

As for pin trading, my wife and I have yet another thing in common! It works perfectly because we can teach our young boy about courtesy, respect, honor, generosity, value, and many important qualities, through this hobby!! And it is yet another excuse to take quick but fun mini-vacations to Orlando, FL (WDW) from Miami!!

DPF and pin trading makes my life more positive, better -- a game is unnecessary to express the greatness that DPF and pin trading are to me -- so I happily, with a GREAT SMILE -- write this post!

There are so many nice things I can say about DPF and this community of pin traders.. However I will stick with the most recent thing that this community has done for me to make me smile :) despite my frown. The DPF family had a pin trading party and amongst them they all zapped me with a pin bag with pins in it... and I got to add all the pins that had been sent to over the last few weeks. This community banned together to take a bad situation for me and turning it in to one of the best memories. But besides what they just did for me... all the zaps and good wishes made by everyone to well everyone on here... minus a few drama moments is one of the best "families" I am happy to say I chose.

There are so many things DPF has done for me.

When I first joined, I was in middle school, and let's just say, I am far more mature than most middle schoolers. Middle schoolers don't exactly entertain me. However mature I was, though, I was not and could never be "mature" enough to grow out of Disney. When I discovered DPF, not only was it full of mature people, but mature people who also love Disney!! I spent all of my extra free time on DPF, and I loved it. I finally felt like a belonged in a community, because let's face it, middle schoolers were just not cutting it.

Well, now I am in high school, and there is still a level of immaturity. At the beginning of the year, I really felt like I didn't belong. At all. I sought refuge here, because I was already comfortable and had developed friendships. Still, though, I was sad that I couldn't make any friends. I would cry almost every night and wonder what it was about me that nobody liked. At the perfect time, I started to receive zaps, make great trades, and talk to new, great people. DPF reminded me that people do like me, and I just have to talk to other people the way I talk to and approach people here. Not only has DPF made me part of its own community, but it's also helped me to build up the courage to approach new people at school and make new friends.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me through the beginning of this school year!

Happy Holidays!!!

There are so many wonderful things about the DPF community! Although I took a little break and am now a little out of the loop everyone is so nice! I hope to be on here long enough to build some of the friendships people already have on here! They are doing a fundraiser to help Ida get her special bike! How sweet is that! Everyone has been extremely generous with their secret santas! I love it! And I've recently learned about their RAK which is a fun and super nice little hung to do for a special person in the community each month! I think I will be getting a season pass to Dland and it makes me excited to hopefully get a chance I meet a couple of you guys!
I hope you are all having a great Xmas season!!! Happy holidays!!
Renee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First and fforemost, I want to thank you for posting this thread!!! I think the ultimate prize of this game, for me, is the feeling in my heart while reading everyones stories!!! :D

DPF and its members have, in a way, been a life saver for me!!! :hug: You all have restored my faith in humanity again and shown me that kind and genuine people still exist in this world! :D I tell anyone who will listen or takes an intrest, "it is not really about the pins (though I do adore them :lol:) as much as it is about all the AWESOME AND WONDERFUL people I meet and new friends I ahave accumulated! ;) So many of you have made such a gigantic difference in my life, and probably are clueless to this fact!!!! I cherish all of you a considerable amount more than ANY pin! :)

I joined DPF two years ago in January; my life was on the verge of temporarily falling apart (though at that time I THOUGHT it was at the low :lol:) and I truly believe now, that some higher power led me to DPF and all of it's members to open my eyes to a lot of different things, as well as to give me a strong circle of friends and support, to guide me through the obstacles lying ahead of me from that point! :D The past two years have been rather rough for my family and I, and without a great deal of you, i am not sure if I would have made it through! :hug: You all helped carry me through the death of my grandma, my cross country move, the wildfires, my crazy mess of a break up, and the list goes on...I owe so many thanks for everything, none of you will ever fully grasp how important you are to me! THANK YOU!!! :hug:

I love coming to the forum because it's a place where others understand my pin obsessions and the overall fanaticism I have for Disney. The caring and generosity of the members here is an added bonus! I forget how important the forumis, but whenthe server goes down, I'm quickly reminded!! :)

awww, after reading the many positive things you guys write(god you guys can WRITE, took me for ever lol) i have a big smile in my face, that is awesome i knew pin trading could make our lives better as a community but some of these stories are awesome i am so happy to see how positive you guys are. :)

keep them coming. :)

While I've been trading for a long time, pin trading was just trading. There was no personality to it; just trade, trade, trade, move on. This bland trading changed when I got to meet some great people on this site and had some great times outside of trading. Lots of fun, like pin dinners at In n Out, camp-outs at WDI, and going on rides at DLR.

:) Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays To Everybody!
DPF has been an awesome experience for me and my family. We have met so many great and generous people on here who have helped grow our collection beyond our belief. We collect pins for our 4 year old daughter who one day will take over and have quite a little collection to start off with.

Wow! This is beyond generous of you.

What positive impact has DPF had on my life? It's hard to know where to begin! When I began trading, I was just interested in the pins themselves - pretty little pieces of metal shaped like my favorite characters. But when I discovered the forum, and became an active member here, I realized the best thing about pin trading wasn't the pins at all - It was the people. During the two years I've been involved in this hobby, I have been blown away several times by the kindness and generosity of other pin traders. I have made countless acquaintances the world over, and a handful of close friends. I can honestly say I wouldn't think twice about giving up every single pin in my collection, if it meant holding on to those friends.

This forum has become a positive place I can turn to when things in my life aren't so good, and I am very thankful for that!

Wow! This is beyond generous of you.

What positive impact has DPF had on my life? It's hard to know where to begin! When I began trading, I was just interested in the pins themselves - pretty little pieces of metal shaped like my favorite characters. But when I discovered the forum, and became an active member here, I realized the best thing about pin trading wasn't the pins at all - It was the people. During the two years I've been involved in this hobby, I have been blown away several times by the kindness and generosity of other pin traders. I have made countless acquaintances the world over, and a handful of close friends. I can honestly say I wouldn't think twice about giving up every single pin in my collection, if it meant holding on to those friends.

This forum has become a positive place I can turn to when things in my life aren't so good, and I am very thankful for that!

your last line is my ultimate favorite, this place can be for many a place of happiness and that is what it was to me, thank you so much for sharing that with us. :)

:). So nice to see you post. I am also sorry that you decided to leave, as you have never been anything but kind to me. However, if it was a decision that made you happy, that's all that matters! Here is my little DPF story:

I started to seriously collect about a year and a half ago, and last month was my 1 year DPF anniversary :D. I have met many more kind and generous people on this forum, than I have in my actual "real life". As for many of us, this past year has been very difficult for me, for many reasons (that I don't need to complain about here). DPF has been my saving grace... Coming on the forum and seeing the zaps and kindnesses going around, for no reason at all, lifts my heart and spirits. Whether the kindness is directed at me, or not, it doesn't matter... Just seeing it all over this forum is enough. I have made so many wonderful pin friends, from all over the world!!! Kind, generous, caring people, that I am proud to call my friends!

Thank you for creating this thread, to allow us to gush about the wonderful world of DPF!

Before I started typing my answer in my head this was my first thing I was going to put but then when I started typing my brain was working to fast for my fingers! Omg
Thank you so much for doing this wonderful game! This is one of the biggest reasons I love being a part of such a great community! :) when people like to do nice things for their fellow pin collectors just to put a smile on someone else's face! It's like Xmas all year long here with people trying to alway find the perfect zap or PIF for their person or what have you! Thanks again for hosting this simbanino!! :) sorry to hear your will be leaving!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got into Disney pins because of my partner. As soon as I got my first few pins, I was hooked! The first time I went on DPF, the only collection I worked on was the Agent P pin collection. There was an Agent P pin that I needed, the Disneystore UK pin. I was surprised to see that one of the members here, Catz, decided to zap it to me! This zap got me started in zapping others on DPF. It is so great to make many friendships through Disney Pins. It is awesome to say that I know people from different states and different countries too!

This place has brought a lot of positive memories in my life. I recently went to one of the pin events hosted by some wonderful DPF members. I was a bit nervous to go, but it just felt so amazing to be there! I have always considered DPF to be a wonderful community, but it was such a privilege to see the DPF community in a space away from the computer screen. Disney pins may have been something we all have in common with, but I see how that commonality has flourished into many other commonalities. Not only that, but when one of us are in trouble or has a problem, there will be at least one member that will be present who will share some form of kindness and concern.

We may have gotten into DPF for the pins, but we have been able to learn about the goodness of people from the DPF Community.

What an awesome thing to do!!! :)

My pin story started with looking for "Santas of the world" on Ebay... I found these Winnie the Pooh pins (didn't buy them) that were Santas of the world.... I LOVED them! I researched them and found this site.

The first time I got on here, I was shocked. First of all, I had no idea where to start, especially since I don't live anywhere near Disney. But through the kindness of multiple members specifically tiggermickey, huertajv, and docfish2u... my collection started with zaps. I was so honored and felt so happy. Since then, I've been trying to trade, buy, and sell to get the pins that I want badly. PODMs are my favorite types of pins, but I love them all... (as you can see by my want list on pin pics lol).

I now have all but 2 of the Santa Pooh pins!

DPF has given me a place to go when I'm bored, bummed, and (as Pooh would say) having a rather "blustery day". People here are so warm and kind... and hilarious! I'm so glad I joined DPF!

Thanks for letting me share :)

:) Happy Holidays everyone! Thanks for doing this, I'm sorry, I never got to trade with you.

There are alot of things I'm grateful for in the forum. What I love about the forum is that there are no harsh judgements or criticisms about what you collect and how "old" you are. Here, people try to make each other happy with zaps, trades and games. Its nice to be able to have people actively help each other out. Thanks Simbanino for creating this forum:)

I got into Disney pins because of my partner. As soon as I got my first few pins, I was hooked! The first time I went on DPF, the only collection I worked on was the Agent P pin collection. There was an Agent P pin that I needed, the Disneystore UK pin. I was surprised to see that one of the members here, Catz, decided to zap it to me! This zap got me started in zapping others on DPF. It is so great to make many friendships through Disney Pins. It is awesome to say that I know people from different states and different countries too!

This place has brought a lot of positive memories in my life. I recently went to one of the pin events hosted by some wonderful DPF members. I was a bit nervous to go, but it just felt so amazing to be there! I have always considered DPF to be a wonderful community, but it was such a privilege to see the DPF community in a space away from the computer screen. Disney pins may have been something we all have in common with, but I see how that commonality has flourished into many other commonalities. Not only that, but when one of us are in trouble or has a problem, there will be at least one member that will be present who will share some form of kindness and concern.

We may have gotten into DPF for the pins, but we have been able to learn about the goodness of people from the DPF Community.

Wow...that was a l o n g. Time ago! So glad you're here!

Sorry simbano to hijack. ..but this made me smile...and i needed it today. ..and for me...it is still about. Making a difference. Like I said above...I am still sad to see you go...but thank you for sharing with the community that you love.

Back