• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I dont see why Disney wouldnt make a Designer Heroines collection,exactly how many people have bugged Disney about re-releasing merchandise of there old films,I know I have,and alot!Those films hold importance to alot of people,they might not have been box-office succesess but they still hold that disney magic so many know,love and appreciate.Does anyone here actually work for the company?Until someone comes forth with a direct statement from Disney explaning why a Disney Heroines line is never gonna happen than sure,I'll consider it nothing but a pipe dream.Until than,anything is possible.Disney is a multi million dollar company,if they really wanted to they could just pay whatever royalties they need to the respectful actresses to release merchandise and that's that.It's honestly not that big of a deal,why bother to release films than if your not going to hold them in regards as your work.It's insulting to me to think id have to live with who knows how many hundreds of millions of incarnations of the popular standard Disney Princesses when MY favorite disney charecters/heroines cant get more than debut releases until there shoved way WAY back to the line for who knows how many years.It's 2013 and It's time for Esmeralda,Kida,Jane,Megara,Alice and Wendy to make a comeback.

I would love to see a set of Designer Prince's.
If they go with princesses again, they could do Rapunzel with her short brown hair, Merida, etc
Don't really think they will do princesses again.
The Designer line needs Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Prince Adam, etc to match the princesses and Villains.
Although Cruella and Queen Of Hearts wasn't princess oriented.
Should be interesting to see what Disney is up too.
Either way, saving now, I have someone in mind that can help me this time. :)

I would love to see a set of Designer Prince's.
If they go with princesses again, they could do Rapunzel with her short brown hair, Merida, etc
Don't really think they will do princesses again.
The Designer line needs Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Prince Adam, etc to match the princesses and Villains.
Although Cruella and Queen Of Hearts wasn't princess oriented.
Should be interesting to see what Disney is up too.
Either way, saving now, I have someone in mind that can help me this time. :)

I'm hoping for designer princes too. I've got Ariel and Ursula and I'd love to add a Prince Eric to my collection.

I'm hoping for designer princes too. I've got Ariel and Ursula and I'd love to add a Prince Eric to my collection.
It would be nice and make sense to do good looking men. Someone here had posted drawings of what they thought the prince line could look like. And if they go with a concept similar, they would be nice, super charming nice.

Well if their new slogan is "I am a Disney Princess" for this year the designer line probably ha something to do with that.

With that being said...now I wonder if it could be some new concept for the princesses.
I would prefer to see the Heroines, but you really never know what they could have up their sleeves.

I know the date was posted already before, but I can't remember. When is the convention?

Well now with that said, it must be princesses again. I wouldn't mind a different concept of Designer princesses. The other princesses were based off of the 60's era, perhaps modern day princesses. I love my Belle Designer pin, but wasn't really that crazy over the design of Rapunzel. It was my OCD that I just had to have one and after I had her, I was like eh.
Will be interesting to see what Disney is planning.

I honestly don't think they would do Designer Princes...if the Villains were not in high demand I seriously doubt they would do the Princes...they are not nearly as popular as their female counterparts. :)

I would also love a Designer Heroines line...many people want dolls of characters such as Megara, Esmeralda, Jane, etc. (because there is hardly any merchandise of them) and I think they would be pretty popular, especially if they stuck to edition sizes that were similar to the Princesses.

If they were going to do the Princesses again, I would love to see a Designer Bridal line (perhaps with gowns designed by famous wedding designers like Vera Wang, Monique Lhuillier, Marchesa, etc.), the Princesses in other outfits (Aurora as Briar Rose, Ariel in her blue or pink dress, etc.) although I don't know how they could make their less-common outfits more designer-ish, or the Princesses inspired by a different time period. :)

I would love for them to do the princesses in historical outfits. Each movie is set in a different time period within history. You could easily do a designer princess with them in clothes from the era their movie takes place in. Some of the concept art does reflect the era the movie is from, so why not make that a designer line? I know it will never happen, but I can dream, right?

Well if their new slogan is "I am a Disney Princess" for this year the designer line probably ha something to do with that.

Hmm, now I have no clue what to expect for the next collection. They may redo the Princesses after all. I looked up this slogan and it seems they were using it from back in fall of 2012, I don't see though that it is an official slogan for the upcoming D23.

Last edited:
Honestly I really hope they don't do princesses again in any form. That might dissuade me from even pursuing the Designer set in the first place :( I loved the idea of having all the Designer pins together on a canvas that looks like a runway to show Designer Disney, just a variety of Disney characters looking great in designer outfits. However, if they do a second princess line, what's to stop them from eventually just having 5 different Designer Princess sets and 4 different Designer Villain sets. It loses its originality in my opinion when you do the same characters over and over and over again :( I loved how the Designer line was so special because it was a completely unique look for these characters each completely unique of each other. The Designer Ariel is the only kind of Designer Ariel in existence so far and I like that. It's probably just me, but I'm not a fan of the idea of doing the princess over again :(

I agree with you kupo, I don't think they should or will do another Disney Princess designer line as the designer princess would lose its exclusivity.

If they were to do the princesses again then I don't think it will be a designer line anymore. E.g people have suggested the wedding princesses so this would be a wedding princess line etc. I do like the idea of the heroines as there are some characters they could do, and whilst it is unlikely I think a male line would be a great idea but the dolls will probably just all look like ken dolls.

Either way I guess all we can do now is wait. Usually they release information about them around May-June which isn't too far away.

I agree, to rehash the Princesses takes away from the first line and people might not like that - but who knew they'd be such a big hit in the first place, there's no telling what Disney will want to go with anymore. We need more hints! lol :anxious:

I don't see why Prince's wouldn't be popular. After all they would match their Princess. I know a lot of people have been asking Disney to do a Prince line to match the Designer Princess. Either way as I said it will be interesting to see what Disney has in mind.

I am kinda hoping they don't do Princes, as some of the Princes aren't really that popular (e.g. Prince Ferdinand) so I don't know if they would sell, and some of the Princes I just couldn't see making good Designer Dolls, e.g. the Beast... I don't really know what they'd do to the Princes to make them Designer... I could be wrong, but I think if Disney was going to make male Designer dolls, they already would have included men in the Villains line, like Facilier and Gaston (although I can't really see those two in Designer attire, either :lol:). I don't collect male dolls and I know there are others who only collect female dolls, but whatever happens I hope Disney really outdoes themselves! :x: ^_^ <3

My only thoughts on Designer Princes is, what would the LE size be. If they do 13000 again, there will be Way too many left over. If they match the edition sizes up with that of the matching Princess, it leaves the door open for scalpers to buy up a lot of Princes. I think Princes should have been the second series if they were going to do it. I think they will stick with a female collection of some sort - I really think it will include Tink.

I do feel that the new collection will be relatively successful if:
They don't do the increased price
They don't do the increased edition size
And
They don't do the Prince line.

If they were to do the Heroines line, then I believe that it would be successful as an addition/companion collection to the original. It would be a sort of "OH!!! IT'S ____!!! I REMEMBER HER!!! THEY NEVER MAKE ANYTHING OF HER!!! I WANT!!!" And, it would also finally give the collectors of the more rare and obscure characters a chance to feel remembered and included.

If they were to do a "Dressed in their Era" or "Bridal" collection, then it wouldn't be so "Designer" collection, but they could get away with selling the same 10 princesses. I do believe that many people would feel a little duped out of something "new", but I doubt the store room shelves would be full for long.

I do think that a male collection would be a flop. When I think of male fashion, male runway, male advertising...I think of the stereotypical one arm over the shoulder holding a jacket, one/both hands in a pocket, or holding on to their vest, or just anything that is currently physically impossible for the current male molds to do. If they make them all like the classic dolls and the Oz doll, then it'd be a flop because they'd all look like they were at attention and basically frumpy. If they did make a new mold...then I think that would actually justify selling them at the original price of the villains. China would have had to make new factory machines and that doesn't sound cheep. ;)

All I can say is, I really feel they were over confident, still riding their high, and too busy patting themselves on the backs when it came to the villain line. Less doll options, larger edition sizing, skinny fat characters, and (from what I've read) lesser quality control. I'm sorry, but I still feel like they severely failed when they decided not to make a Tremaine, Yzma, Madame Medusa, and (possibly) Stepsisters for the villain collection. Anyone else think maybe the price hike was because they bought Lucasarts and needed more money? ;P

I just hope that, whatever they do, they go all out at the same level or higher than the princess line.

Last edited:
I like the concept of Designer princes, I really do. The idea of having your prince and princess all dolled up for modern designer ball sounds great, whether it be doll or pin. However, as TinkerTigg said, I don't think they'd be all too popular. I feel like besides a few princes (Aladdin, Shang, maybe Phillip) a majority of the princes would be wearing just plain tuxes with different colors. I do feel like some of them would be different, but I don't see the originality in the tuxes being as drastic as the dresses because tuxes in general are just not as diverse as dresses.

When you watch the Oscars or any Red Carpet event, NOBODY watches it for the tuxes but everyone goes crazy for the dresses, this is where any Designer male line would falter. While I feel like Designer images for certain male characters like Shang, Aladdin, Jafar, Hades, and maybe a few others would be awesome because they could take their cultural clothing, a majority of the others would be stuck in different colored tuxes :(

I was just hoping that useing the "I am a Disney Princess" which stands for all the girls in Disney and girls of the world that maybe they would do the Disney girls /as/ princesses. That'd be my dream anyways

Stepsisters aren't necessarily viable as one repented and another was just the buttmonkey. Lucifer in his human form from CIII would be like a surprise but stepsisters aren't really up for. I too craved Tremaine but Disney does what it does. The queen of hearts would suit an Alice in a heroine line sweetly and Cruella with an Anita. Designer princes could be based on their outfits in the movie followed by a prop inspired by their character in the movie. Prince Aubrey (my name for SW's prince) could have a dove or his hat in the beginning. Daniel Charming could have a glass slipper or a sword and a revamped outfit. Phillip could have his shield and sword and a rose maybe. Eric could have his flute. Beast could have the rose actually. Aladdin could have the lamp and his Prince Ali Ababwa suit. John Smith could have a compass and his helmet. Shang could have his warrior sword. Naveen could have a Tiana frog or knife ready for mincing jajaja and Flynn could have... HIS SATCHEL!!! or a poster of his nose RIGHT or a frying pan.

They could also do a fabulous non-fabulous Princess line.

Like say Merida in her 'maidens' outfit glamored up, A designer version of Aurora's grey outfit, unfortunatly Ariel in pink....

Or possibly actual modern designer fashions...or 'era' fashions. Like making the clothes look like their actual time period.

Am I the only one whole would LOVE for them to re-issue the first line? I totally missed out the first time since I didn't have internet so this could be a second chance. AND if they have an equivalent to Alice and The Queen of Hearts.

Am I the only one whole would LOVE for them to re-issue the first line? I totally missed out the first time since I didn't have internet so this could be a second chance. AND if they have an equivalent to Alice and The Queen of Hearts.

The reason why they are called Limited Edition dolls is because they are limited in number, therefore if Disney would release the first round of designer princesses again, not only would the first ones lose their exclusivity, but a lot of people who did purchase them in the first time round would be so upset. This is why more people are suggesting that they could have a different line such as princesses dressed in wedding dresses or other apparel. Due to more Disney characters joining the princess line they may release another designer princess line of those that missed out? Such as Merida and the possible Anna from Frozen?

but it is unlikely and would be a silly move from Disney if they were to release the designer princess line again. You can still buy them off eBay and the demand seems to have plateaued so the prices are not as ridiculous as they used to be.

Well OK I understand. A non-fabulous line or secondary gown line would rule too. Snow White in her rags, Cinderella in her pink dress (QWUAHHH!) or maid dress, Aurora in her peasent dress or blue dress (HALLELUJAH!), Ariel in her pink dress or her blue dress, Jasmine in her red garb or fuschia dress, Belle has MORE options; her green dress, her town dress, her pink/red dress. Pocahontas in her winter outfit or ballgown from the sequel, Mulan in her warrior costume or her saving china dress with props (!), Tiana in her blue dress or diner dress and Rapunzel is a difficult one since all her dresses are cute but if I had to choose a second one for her, the original teal one she was to be put in. It looks a lot more simple and plain

Personally, I don't really want them to make another designer princess line regardless of what they're wearing as I think it would take away from the uniqueness of the original ones released and then they wouldn't feel as special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back