• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Does anyone know when they usually announce the Designer line for that year? This is my first year going into it BEFORE a designer set is released so I don't know when that usually happens. Also, if they do do something, they had better do it through DisneyShopping.com like they did the Designer Villains. I still can't believe I saw the villains but didn't buy them for some unknown reason :facepalm: oh well, no sense in crying over spilled milk haha xD

Does anyone know when they usually announce the Designer line for that year? This is my first year going into it BEFORE a designer set is released so I don't know when that usually happens. Also, if they do do something, they had better do it through DisneyShopping.com like they did the Designer Villains. I still can't believe I saw the villains but didn't buy them for some unknown reason :facepalm: oh well, no sense in crying over spilled milk haha xD

The Designer Villains are on mega sale right now if you still want to get them. They did do an announcement of the Designer Princess Pins before the D23 Convention in 2011, and the big news/rumor was there would be dolls to match - which were not see until the event. When the Villains came out, the announcement was made in the summer of 2012, however there was no news on the Designer pins, but those were released with no notice and quickly sold out. So we might get a heads up before the event of what is to come out, and like the last sets, they should be sold online starting somewhere in September along with pins.

The Designer Villains are on mega sale right now if you still want to get them. They did do an announcement of the Designer Princess Pins before the D23 Convention in 2011, and the big news/rumor was there would be dolls to match - which were not see until the event. When the Villains came out, the announcement was made in the summer of 2012, however there was no news on the Designer pins, but those were released with no notice and quickly sold out. So we might get a heads up before the event of what is to come out, and like the last sets, they should be sold online starting somewhere in September along with pins.

Thankfully I'm not a doll collector (I heard about dollmagedon, I'm good haha) but I do want whatever Designer pins come out because, being a person not close to any parks, getting a few sets or as many as I can of those (even if it is just one for myself) will save me time and money in the long run (if I can get my own set I don't have to pay $100's extra later haha xD). So I'm hoping if a new Designer set does indeed come out, when we should expect an announcement because I'd love to see what the dolls looks like on top of finding out if there is even a designer set to begin with (in which case a pin set will be obvious ^_^)

I'm pretty sure she was a separate purchase, from what I remember.

Yes, The Silver Cinderella was a separate purchase and was available on Saturday along with other Disney Store 25th Anniversary merchandise. The Designer Princess pin set went on sale the first day but was limited to 2 sets per purchase. I originally was on the fence about the pre-sell of the Designer Princess doll set...until a cast member said "free Designer Princess lithograph set with each pre-sell"....well that pushed me over...I just had to had the litho set.

I'm excited! If a designer set is released and there are pins... I am BUYING them... No use waiting and seeing them cost hundreds of dollars on their own afterwards! I saw it when the villains pin set was online, and they went like *snaps* that...

I love Dolls and collect them as well, but I'll be looking for the pins first. Unless they do a revamp of the original line and there is a new Ariel and Rapunzel and Belle, or they do Giselle or heroines... oh man :facepalm:

This'll be crazy for sure! :lol:

tumblr_lmsruj0Ljj1qdeq5f.gif

I am actually considering buying Gothel & Queen of Hearts dolls...must control urge...hmm, maybe I will go to D23, let me go figure out if there are any tickets left.

Should have pre-ordered tickets last year :p Okay I still have 2 months to decide before the prices go up again. LOL.

I am wondering if they are doing a heroine collection. I remember hearing that this year they were going to focus on underused characters and the majority of the non-princess female leads are pretty underused. So I wonder what ladies they will do. Esmeralda, Megara, Jane, Alice and Wendy I can definitely see. Maybe Giselle...Kida and Eilonwy? I would love to see a designer doll for Esmeralda, Megara, Wendy and Alice so I hope they all get one.

I am wondering if they are doing a heroine collection. I remember hearing that this year they were going to focus on underused characters and the majority of the non-princess female leads are pretty underused. So I wonder what ladies they will do. Esmeralda, Megara, Jane, Alice and Wendy I can definitely see. Maybe Giselle...Kida and Eilonwy? I would love to see a designer doll for Esmeralda, Megara, Wendy and Alice so I hope they all get one.

:like: this!

Giselle would never be used because they would have to pay a royalty to Amy Adams for using her likeness. I doubt we will see Kida and Eilonwy because their movies tanked... However, I could see them using the other ladies.

Giselle would never be used because they would have to pay a royalty to Amy Adams for using her likeness. I doubt we will see Kida and Eilonwy because their movies tanked... However, I could see them using the other ladies.

They did make pins of her in the past so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind making one more of her. Even if they had to pay royalties for that one pin to Amy Adams (which they may not have to, I mean, a lot of the Designer princesses don't look exactly like their Disney counterparts, I honestly don't think Rapunzel nor Ariel have faces that look like the movie version of them). So far, if they did heroines, I would think they would do:

- Merida
- Esmeralda
- Tinker Bell
- Alice

and then they could also do one of the princesses from Frozen, Vanellope (I'd love to see a Designer take on her since it would be taller), Giselle, Jessica (doubt it), and a few others have mentioned ^_^

-

Esmerelda may have the same issue as Giselle with royalties to Demi Moore, I have heard that before as well. I hope to see the heroines line. Mattel often gets around that by making celebrity Barbies that are not exactly like the actors, so they may pay for the rights to Mad Men but not the actors.

I feel that Esmeralda has a shot because there was just a surprise pin of her released this month which was kinda out of the blue. I thought Tinker Bell would be a sure bet for the next collection, but since they didn't do a 17" doll, who knows. Megera from Hercules would make sense in the collection. Jessica is always a long shot but I can only hope. Since they do a pin set along with the dolls, they had to at least thought about adding Jessica since her pins sell so well, and I feel like her doll would be a big draw for people to buy. It also might also be a whole different collection we aren't even thinking of.

I feel that Esmeralda has a shot because there was just a surprise pin of her released this month which was kinda out of the blue. I thought Tinker Bell would be a sure bet for the next collection, but since they didn't do a 17" doll, who knows. Megera from Hercules would make sense in the collection. Jessica is always a long shot but I can only hope. Since they do a pin set along with the dolls, they had to at least thought about adding Jessica since her pins sell so well, and I feel like her doll would be a big draw for people to buy. It also might also be a whole different collection we aren't even thinking of.

I agree, I firmly believe it WON'T be a line of random heroines. I mean look at some of the dolls they've made that are supporting characters or who aren't princesses...people have to be logical - Disney knows where the money is! Mainly in the PRINCESSES. I am still baffled as to why folks think we are going to see a designer Kida? Vanellope? Jane? I mean, how long would they be available world wide? A year?!?! Dreaming and hoping is one thing, but actually expecting Disney to put money into such iffy endeavors is a bit much. If I'm totally wrong I'll eat my hair!!!!

I agree, I firmly believe it WON'T be a line of random heroines. I mean look at some of the dolls they've made that are supporting characters or who aren't princesses...people have to be logical - Disney knows where the money is! Mainly in the PRINCESSES. I am still baffled as to why folks think we are going to see a designer Kida? Vanellope? Jane? I mean, how long would they be available world wide? A year?!?! Dreaming and hoping is one thing, but actually expecting Disney to put money into such iffy endeavors is a bit much. If I'm totally wrong I'll eat my hair!!!!

It's just nice to dream sometimes - that Used to be what Disney was all about. Magic and surprises. Ten years ago I would have believed they would totally surprise us with the selection of characters for this line, and could believe Kida, Jane, or similar would be released. Now I'm pretty sure it will be standard, but I still hope not totally. I'm hoping they will look at this from the perspective of who would sell well as a doll AND in a pin set - that's where I hope they've looked at Jessica. It makes sense to me. I wish Disney would take more chances - I know they had to raise the LE size to appease everyone with the Villains, but you'll never make Everyone happy. If they had kept the LE sizes from the Princesses, I don't think people would have been mad - everyone just wanted a functioning website with a fair way to get the dolls. Then they could have kept those lower LE sizes for the third collection, and I'd totally believe making an LE Jane doll at only 4,000 might happen. If they made her doll Fantastic - it would sell. Rather, I feel it's like they are going with a "safe" zone of which characters to release on a budget and make the most profits. It's little about the WOW factor anymore. I think releasing Princesses in another type of dress is also a risk. As brides or whatnot. It can look like a rehashing to people. They will probably lower the LE size this time around either way. I'm both excited an nervous. I'm still hoping they can surprise us.

I like to think they will make a Designer Pixie Hollow collection.... I could see it happening! The only thing is I don't know how well they would sell, it is mostly popular with little girls... BUT Pixie Hollow has made a ton of money so far! I think the main girls would look sooo pretty in designer styles!!!

Disney+Fairies.jpg
images
images

Secret%20of%20the%20wings__600_450_q50.jpg

Tinker-bell-and-friends.jpg

I like to think they will make a Designer Pixie Hollow collection.... I could see it happening! The only thing is I don't know how well they would sell, it is mostly popular with little girls... BUT Pixie Hollow has made a ton of money so far! I think the main girls would look sooo pretty in designer styles!!!

Disney+Fairies.jpg
images
images

Secret%20of%20the%20wings__600_450_q50.jpg

Tinker-bell-and-friends.jpg

I had a dream they did a Designer Fairies! :rofl: Obsessed? A little... :lol: I would ADORE a Designer Fairies line, it would be sooo pretty! :drool:

I actually could see them doing a line of heroines. Alice, Merida, Wendy, and Tinkerbell sell really well for example. I can see them doing 6 dolls like they did with the Designer Villains. I could see them putting Meg and Esmeralda in the line up because they still have face characters of them at the parks.

Would they really do designer princesses part 2? While I would love to see better designs for some of the princesses, I cannot see them redoing them. I could see them doing fairies since they are the new hot thing. However, would they sell out quickly? How many collectors really collect the fairies? Besides Tinkerbell, I've never seen the other fairies on adult merchandise besides pins.

I could see them doing fairies since they are the new hot thing. However, would they sell out quickly? How many collectors really collect the fairies? Besides Tinkerbell, I've never seen the other fairies on adult merchandise besides pins.

Yeah, that's why I dont think it would ever happen... the whole line is aimed at little girls pretty much... although I know adults love the series, and watching it with their kids. (look at the disney faries facebook page)

I may be totally off, I just don't think dolls of some of those characters would sell on a massive world wide scale. Perhaps I'm mistaken, could be, buy I will be highly shocked if the next line of designer dolls are some of the less knowns. But I guess anything is possible at this point! Maybe they will coordinate this next wave of dolls to go with all of the new DVD releases coming up???

I may be totally off, I just don't think dolls of some of those characters would sell on a massive world wide scale. Perhaps I'm mistaken, could be, buy I will be highly shocked if the next line of designer dolls are some of the less knowns. But I guess anything is possible at this point! Maybe they will coordinate this next wave of dolls to go with all of the new DVD releases coming up???

I think the main reason people believe it will be Disney heroines is because if there is one character Disney is itching to make a Designer doll/pin of...it's Merida! She JUST came out, she is selling like hotcakes, and she is being inducted into the official Disney princess lineup this year! She is going to be the hot thing so Disney will most definitely try and capitalize on her right now while they can. However, they won't just release a Designer Merida doll by itself nor do I think they'd release a Designer Princess lineup again + Merida. So most people think that instead they'll just incorporate her into another lineup of other popular Disney Girls such as Tink, Wendy, and Alice. However, just those 4 aren't enough hence why people wonder who the last few contributions might be. Not to mention that Frozen is coming out this year so it might not be a bad thing if Disney released some stuff of Anna in order to hype up that movie, which will no doubt be popular since she is a princess after all. Even if Anna doesn't achieve Rapunzel or Merida popularity, she'll still do fairly well so it might not be bad having something of her out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back