• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Personally, I don't really want them to make another designer princess line regardless of what they're wearing as I think it would take away from the uniqueness of the original ones released and then they wouldn't feel as special.

I agree, but I think if they were to use the princesses again they wouldn't call the line a designer line but a different one such as a wedding line etc. The only time I think they should do another princess designer line would be for the new princesses that have missed out. But that wouldn't be for a while as at the moment there is only Merida and the possibility of Anna joining the line as well.

And for Male Villains, Frollo (Maleficent) Jafar(Evil Queen) Gaston(Ursula) Captain Hook(Queen of Hearts) Horned King(Cruella devil) and Facilier(Gothel). Second Wave of Male Villains Second Volume (if there is ever one or two) The Coachman (Helga) Hades(Tremaine) Ratcliffe (Medusa) Shan Yu(Yzma) Sykes(Madam Mim) and Prince John (Narissa).

i know it's a christmas ornament, but it reminds me of a designer tinkerbell =)

2ivbk00.jpg

yess!!! This is amazing!!!!! Designer pixie hollow... It has to happen!!

I know it's a christmas ornament, but it reminds me of a designer TinkerBell =)

2ivbk00.jpg

Hmmmm... I am not a big fan of Miss Bell in general (her behavior in Peter Pan is atrocious), but she looks really good in this holiday ornament gown. On the other hand, I certainly would buy any Designer dolls for Rosetta, Silvermist, and Vidia. :)

Hmmmm... I am not a big fan of Miss Bell in general (her behavior in Peter Pan is atrocious), but she looks really good in this holiday ornament gown. On the other hand, I certainly would buy any Designer dolls for Rosetta, Silvermist, and Vidia. :)

I was not a fan of Tink until I saw her in the Tinkerbell movies. I love the Pixie Hollow movies, I collect Pixie Hollow pins, and I would love to see Designer Dolls for all of them.

At this point I'll like to get Heroines, I really want an Alice to go along with my Queen of Hearts. I would also buy a Jane, Kida, Megara and Esmeralda. My next option would be Designer Princess with different looks, Mulan and Rapunzel with their short hair for instance. But if they decide to do Designer Pixies, I'll most likely pass on all of them.

I'll most likely pass on all of them.

I completely agree. I want all the Designer pins, but if they made Designer Pixies, IDK why, I wouldn't need them to feel like a Designer collection is complete, once again, I can't really tell you why since I don't know myself o_O I'd rather they stick away from Designer other looks but if they really have to re-use the princesses, let them but just make SURE they release them on Disneyshopping.com so I don't miss this DP set haha (the pins I mean) xD

I wish they would just hurry up and let us know who they're going to make so all of this speculation would cease! LOL

if they decide to do Designer Pixies, I'll most likely pass on all of them.

I think that would be the general opinion on that kind of line. The dolls would look really nice, but most people would probably pass on them. I would pass as well. While I still think we'll see different characters next, it's not going to be called Heroine's for obvious double reasons. I think I've barely ever seen that word used by Disney. They'd go with a different name.

Oh my...Designer Pixies...wow. If you thought the villains had been up online for a long time...wow. Those other fairies would be probably up there until they were all discounted to like 2 for 20$ or something. ;)
A designer Tink, however, I do believe would sell out really fast. I know a number of people are "poo-poo"ing the idea of a Heroine line, but I really do believe that it will be done and will work.
I love TinkerBell, I really truly do. For a long time, I had wanted a tattoo of her. The only reason I say "HAD" is because she's so overused now. Even so, I'd most likely purchase a designer doll of her...if they did the doll justice.
The only reason I feel a sense of "Oh...they are doing it...again?" towards this upcoming collection is because they didn't go as far as they could have with the villains. They dwarfed the collection in comparison to the princesses by not making as many characters when there are SO many to choose from. I would love to see some characters that a lot of people on here have been saying they want more merchandise for. Esmeralda, Jessica Rabbit,...and...a Tinkerbell (for me at least) I would love and buy without question. And...I know she's not really a Heroine or even that popular anymore...but a Blue Fairy doll could be beautiful. (I know I'm a nobody when it comes to the company and everything, but in my mind that's saying something because I only care for and collect the villains.) I just hope that they actually present and approach this collection with the same gusto and energy and excitement as the Princess line...and not the overconfidence and comfort of the Villain line.

Also, I'm too lazy to look it up. When is the convention? That's most likely when any of our questions will be answered.

Also, I'm too lazy to look it up. When is the convention? That's most likely when any of our questions will be answered.

D23 is Aug 9th - 11th. With the D23 Convention in 2011 - we got notice of the Designer Princess Pin Set just before the convention I think, and people heard they were going to be dolls also. Then the dolls were at the convention. Not sure if we will get a heads up this time but the doll designer said he'd let people know more on his page when he was allowed to reveal it.

I wouldn't mind another designer princess set, because I didn't like most of the original designer set. I only liked Snow and Jasmine and wasn't able to get either. I would love to see them with different outfits and makeup and in the case of Aurora, Ariel, Rapunzel, and Cinderella, new more accurate molds. I would also like to see Belle with a more accurate and closed mouth mold and her widow's peak.

Whatever they do decide to release this year will have to as big if not bigger than the designer princess line as not only are they releasing it during an expo year but because the expectations are so much higher now than it has been in the past due to more exposure of the dolls, the popularity of the dolls, the somewhat disappointment of the villains and line and the sheer fact that everyone will compare this release to the initial disney princess designer release.

Whatever they do decide to release this year will have to as big if not bigger than the designer princess line as not only are they releasing it during an expo year but because the expectations are so much higher now than it has been in the past due to more exposure of the dolls, the popularity of the dolls, the somewhat disappointment of the villains and line and the sheer fact that everyone will compare this release to the initial disney princess designer release.

Honestly, I don't think anything Disney does can top the princess line. I mean, princesses are Disney's biggest asset, nothing can top them. Heck, another Princess line can't even top them because it isn't unique anymore, the idea of "Designer Princesses" has been done already so even if they tried to redo the DPs it wouldn't work. I mean, I think the best they can do is try to incorporate a series that will include new, modern popular princesses like Merida, Giselle, and maybe even Anna from Frozen, while simultaneously having other big Disney girl names like Tink, Esmerelda, Alice, Jessica, Vanellope (since she is getting pretty popular I find), etc. in order to ensure the lineup is big (like closer to 10) because the extremely small DV lineup was disappointing :(

Honestly, I don't think anything Disney does can top the princess line. I mean, princesses are Disney's biggest asset, nothing can top them. Heck, another Princess line can't even top them because it isn't unique anymore, the idea of "Designer Princesses" has been done already so even if they tried to redo the DPs it wouldn't work. I mean, I think the best they can do is try to incorporate a series that will include new, modern popular princesses like Merida, Giselle, and maybe even Anna from Frozen, while simultaneously having other big Disney girl names like Tink, Esmerelda, Alice, Jessica, Vanellope (since she is getting pretty popular I find), etc. in order to ensure the lineup is big (like closer to 10) because the extremely small DV lineup was disappointing :(

Dont forget the release can still be big but it does not necessarily have to be better and I think it will be big because of the hype and the fact that it will be an expo release. Lets face it regardless if disney were to stuff this line up again, the dolls are still bound to sell as there is now a pre-release market and demand for them which they did not have when the designer princesses came out as the dolls were not as big or well known back then so the hype only came in after the dolls were released.

Its the same deal with movies such as gi joe and resident evil, the movies are so bad but because of the large following it funds the movies thus resulting in more being released. So bigger does not always correlate with better.

but I think you are right, I don't think they should do another princess line as it will seem overused and will make the designer lose the exclusivity but who knows you will never know what disney decides to do until they actually do it. There may be a lot of hype over Frozen as the expo will be a few months before the movie is due to be released.

Good point! Hopefully Disney will surprise us this time. I was even thinking that they could include the OZ girls, or at least Theodora, as she looks like the most fashionable one. But I definitely can't wait to see what they have in store for us. At least I hope they release the sketches earlier, and then the promo doll pictures in August.

Something I do get confused about is who is supposed to be a princess and who isn't. Mulan is not a princess, unless I missed a major part of the film? She doesn't even marry a prince... or, to even semi-qualify as a princess in Chinese standards, the Emperor's son. Yet she was in the Designer Princess collection. Pocahontas... technically not a princess, but can be semi classed as one because she was the daughter of the Chief, so by rights a version of a princess. She was in the Designer line. Now we're discussing that there'll possibly be a heorine collection because of Merida. But she is a princess. I know she's a bit late... but if we're going with heorines such as Meg (partnered with a demi-god), Esmerelda (with a knight), Jane (an ape-man)... Merida just doesn't fit there: a) she's the lead character of the movie, not the female romance character, and b) she's the princess herself. I dunno, don't shoot me or anything, I'm just not sure what Disney would do. Personally I couldn't think of much worse than a bridal collection, and I don't think princes would sell. If the Villains are anything to go by, I can't imagine they'd do the Heorines, no matter how much some would like them to be done. I think Disney will have to take a whole new road. Annnnd that's my two bits worth :) :)

Something I do get confused about is who is supposed to be a princess and who isn't. Mulan is not a princess, unless I missed a major part of the film? She doesn't even marry a prince... or, to even semi-qualify as a princess in Chinese standards, the Emperor's son. Yet she was in the Designer Princess collection. Pocahontas... technically not a princess, but can be semi classed as one because she was the daughter of the Chief, so by rights a version of a princess. She was in the Designer line. Now we're discussing that there'll possibly be a heorine collection because of Merida. But she is a princess. I know she's a bit late... but if we're going with heorines such as Meg (partnered with a demi-god), Esmerelda (with a knight), Jane (an ape-man)... Merida just doesn't fit there: a) she's the lead character of the movie, not the female romance character, and b) she's the princess herself. I dunno, don't shoot me or anything, I'm just not sure what Disney would do. Personally I couldn't think of much worse than a bridal collection, and I don't think princes would sell. If the Villains are anything to go by, I can't imagine they'd do the Heorines, no matter how much some would like them to be done. I think Disney will have to take a whole new road. Annnnd that's my two bits worth :) :)

I completely agree with you!! People make me out to be some dream killer because I'm just trying to be real here; how likely is it REALLY that the next line will be random characters like Jane? I mean really?!?! Unless the Disney store is doing a complete face lift and going to carry all new stuff from non mainstream movies (which seems an awfully big financial gamble to anyone business savvy), they'll stick with what sells. And you're right, Mulan isn't a princess - and is she a top seller?? If she is, that's news to me. I guess I'm just confused as to why people are expecting to find something as obscure as a designer Jane doll.... If the QOH can't even sell out, do you think they would sink $$$ into a doll that they know would be a gamble??? But please - dream big! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back