• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Fairies Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the look of Zarina! I'll be getting her and not Tink. So glad that the European market is getting 1000 of these - there shouldn't be too many problems getting hold of them (I'm still nervous about getting the new Frozen dolls when they're released...500 is a joke!)

500 is a joke, seriously! Who decides these things?! I know they decided to give only 500 Frozen dolls to Europe, because it took longer for the first set to sell out than it did in America, but 500 dolls for an entire continent?! That's a cruel joke - since I have them pre-ordered on the US site, I'm not trying to get any of the 500 dolls, but as an European, I do feel a bit annoyed about this. And then they turn around and decides to give Europe 1000 fairy dolls out of 4000... do they expect the fairies to be more popular than the Frozen sisters in Europe? Seriously... see that's a joke.

no I am not hoping to sell these just wondered if they will be hard to get for a close to retail price if I didn't order them. Think I may just get thinks as like said before she is most popular and iconic
Don't worry, didn't think you were going to sell the dolls, just giving you a heads up, because you asked about them selling for a double price. If you want the dolls as cheap as possible, then order them on the release day, no doubt. If you miss out, then expect to pay double on ebay. It's tough out there for doll collectors.
Good luck on getting Tinkerbell. :)

Why do people keep saying they are disappointed as they wanted Princess's!:s we have had a 10piece collection of Princess's + another 5 with the couples. Princess's are over done. This is only a two piece collection, I am sure you will get the remainder of the couples in the fall. I'm so happy we got Tinks as a surprise as she is one of Disneys most iconic characters and not to mention the doll is gorgeous! Just be patient for the couples, we will get them but it's nice for something in between to break it up.

People on the Facebook group sure like to complain lol!

Why do people keep saying they are disappointed as they wanted Princess's!:s we have had a 10piece collection of Princess's + another 5 with the couples. Princess's are over done. This is only a two piece collection, I am sure you will get the remainder of the couples in the fall. I'm so happy we got Tinks as a surprise as she is one of Disneys most iconic characters and not to mention the doll is gorgeous! Just be patient for the couples, we will get them but it's nice for something in between to break it up.

People on the Facebook group sure like to complain lol!

I couldn't agree more! People just like to make a fuss about anything and can never be satisfied.

I think it's quite obvious we'll still be getting the princesses at the end of the year. Disney would be dumb not to do that, but since they love money and seeing how popular this line has become, I think it's almost definite.

Can anyone find a better photo of zarina? I tried looking on Steve's link but I'm on my phone and can't zoom in to look at her... Everyone says she's pretty I want to see! :( sigh.

I love princess's but we have had a lot of princess merchandise I don't see why as soon as we get something different people make a fuss lol, Tinkerbell is just as iconic and pretty as the princess's and we will get more princess in the fall anyway more than likely. Can see in the future if they do heroines people on Facebook will still be complaining for more princess's lol. This year is going to be great what with Tinks,Frozen,Sleeping beauty and a designer collection in fall!

True there's been a lot of princesses - but especially for new collectors like me, I've not been able to obtain that many of the previous dolls, yet. So a new release is also the best way to build the collection. The disappointment is basically about, at least for me, that I want to buy more dolls, but I'm only interested in the princesses - Tinkerbell might be iconic for a lot of people, and without a doubt she's a cute doll, but I don't have any interest in buying her.
It's kind of like being addicted to cocaine, but the dealer only offers me marijuana :lol:
I don't mind Tinkerbelle's release at all - first I was only disappointed because I though the fairies would be the designer collection of the year - where I'm desperately hoping for the remaining princess couples (cough*Mulan*cough). So at first it just felt like the fairies took my hope away for other dolls, but now when it doesn't seem to be the case, then I'm happy.
I wish people all the best when it comes to getting Tinkerbell. :x:
Think my time will come in the fall.

This is probably a dumb question, but are these dolls 12 inches tall? Because I know that the fairy dolls sold out the Disney Store are usually 10 inches, but seeing as this is a designer line....

Cute dolls! Interesting though that they are only releasing Tinker Bell and the new pirate fairy. I will most likely purchase Tinker Bell and put her next to my Designer Princesses, but if they aren't doing an entire Disney Fairies collection I don't think I will be purchasing Zarina. Tinker Bell is an "iconic" character so I feel like she would still look good next to my princess dolls. :)

I wonder if this will become a new trend with Disney releasing "random" Designer dolls instead of entire collections. Since Merida, Anna, and Elsa weren't around for the first Designer line...I wonder if they would possibly release these characters in the future so people can add them to their Designer collections?

And I agree with those that think we will still get a second wave of the Fairytale Couples in the fall...I think Disney has finally realized how popular LE dolls have become and they are going to keep going full steam ahead. I also wouldn't be shocked if for the Sleeping Beauty LE 17" dolls we get two looks for Aurora (pink gown and Briar Rose dress), a Maleficent doll, AND a Prince Phillip doll.

Great surprise! :D Can't wait I will try to get both. Tinkerbell is actually my least favorite fairy but she looks so cute that even my husband was like buy her too :O ^^. Zarina most have @_@ . I hope they release more designer fairies later on. My dream Designer Fairies Collection would be: (Zarina), Periwinkle, Vidia, Queen Clarion, Lord Milori, and Terence. Now besides them if they would do all the rest as well I would buy them all :D.

I'd like to see a new fairy every year. Some could have lower edition sizes but it would be fun to have them all.

Zarina looks very "pirate" and less fairy, so I can see why she is not as appealing.

I love Zarina. I think its nice that its something different to princesses, I'm sure the remaining couples will get there release later in the year.

Less compitition for the fairies means more chance for me. I'd love a Periwinkle though hope there a success :)

i'll probably get tink if i remember to stay up that day, but zarina's outfit looks really cheap from the photos.
i know she's not $100 like most of the others, but still that's a lot of plain blue cloth and something about the doll makes her look reminiscent of merida.

Ok, so there are rumors of Disney re-releasing frozen in 3D later this year, during the holiday season. Do you guys think they'll release designer dolls? I can see it happening since they maxed out on the LE 17" ones.
As for tinkerbelle.... why are her clothes so short? It's like she's wearing a bathing suit.. Also, it seems like she has a pole stuck up her ***, couldn't they have done a better job of hiding the stand?

Tink bell looks inspired by the Tink movies, fairies and a ballerina- combined they create a beautiful doll :), Tinkerbell has always wore the shortest dress ever! The only difference is in the movie it's tight and short whereas in this is short and tutu like :). She's a huge improvement IMO over the over embroidered cluttered couples sets!

I agree with Matthewlondon. I remember in Peter Pan you could even see her underwear often because it's so short.

Yes in Peter Pan you could always see her underwear, remember the scene she's stuck in the cupboard, trying to get out of the key hole, you can see her knickers! I always thought it was quite risqué for a disney film haha

I can't wait for Tinkerbell. I love her design a lot actually. I'm undecided about Zarina. I kind of hope this is only a two part collection. The only other fairies from the Disney Fairy franchise I would be interested in is Silvermist, Vidia, and Periwinkle. I guess this could work if the other fairies were limited to 500 or maybe even 2500. The only other fairy from the Tinkerbell movies that could be popular enough to warrant 4000 would probably be Periwinkle, I could see her being very popular. If they did other fairies from different franchises I'd be interested in the Blue Fairy and the 3 Good Fairies from SB but I'd actually rather have them as LEs. I'm still hoping we have couples this year but if they wait until expo I'll be okay with that since I'm planning on going to the next expo anyway.

I'm a little on the fence. After last Spring being so dead it feels like we're being bombarded with releases! I'm definitely going to get them because I know I will regret it if I don't, but I wish they'd be more considerate to our wallets >;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back