• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DS UK Pin Order Problem AGAIN (Vanessa/Ursula and Hercules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS UK Pin Order Problem AGAIN (Vanessa/Ursula and Hercules)

leopardpolkadotspots

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Okay so it looks as though the DS UK are still having problems, I just received this email saying that my order will be limited but it does not say what ones? I take it it will be my 2 Vanessa's down to 1 and hopefully the 1 Hercules pin I ordered?

Dear Chloe,

We’re extremely sorry but there was extremely high demand for our Pins on our website this morning and we sold some Pins to people when we should not have done so as we do not have stock to fulfil this order.

In an effort to be fair to all of our collectors we have reduced the quantity of Pins that you ordered and have refunded you accordingly. As a gesture of goodwill I will be sending you a very special Cast Member exclusive pin, which I hope will be a great addition to your collection.

We would like to additionally offer you a code to use as you wish on your next order; the code offers you 20% off your entire order excluding delivery charges.

Our number one priority is your Guest experience and although at times it may seem as though problems occur on a weekly basis, in the background we are working hard to resolve these underlying issues. It is great to see that our Pins are popular, and we’ve had feedback about the great designs and low edition sizes. However such popularity is certainly causing some issues with particular releases. We will be making some changes to our Pin releases and will be posting information Online next week.

Again, we’d like to say that we are sorry that this happened, and if I can be of any further assistance in the near future please do not hesitate to contact me.

With best Wishes
Carolyn
Guest Relations Team

I wish they would sort this out already, it is getting ridiculous! Has anybody else received the same email?

Chloe, sorry to hear this. As you know the same thng keeps repeating on this side of the pond too. I hope you get at least one of each pin stll.

I once called the disney shopping customer service here and asked them why they would not fix this although they face the same problem all the time. I got a totally ridiculous answer. My guess is that as long as they sell their merchandise - and they do - they really don't care.

I dont think they can call it a cast member only pin if they are going to be giving alot way to non-cast members.

I know. And it is always a pin we don't want lol. I could understand if they say have the next release free like what they did with another UK member on the board but oh no.

It's getting bad though. Makes you wonder about those Ebay sellers who have been selling the Vanessa pin based on the PinPics photo whether they have got the pins they ordered... ??

I only needed 1 but I got a friend to place my order as she is must faster than me and Im never awake at 9am :p so the ones I wont be getting are the ones she added to the order.

Im in crisis now as I need 2 of the fox and the hound pin and it sucks thats it is only online as I thought it was an error since online pins are LE150 not 350 like Fox and the hound is.

Surely a big company like that understand if they have 150 pins to sell then they will only place orders for 150. Not more and then have to let people down and refund them. It makes so much sense to just sell and only sell what pins they physically have to sell.
Be interesting to see what pin they send you to compensate :/

it would only be 75 orders if everyone bought 2, if online exclusives were 1 per order it may make it easier for everyone as then they wouldnt be able to spilt orders etc and I mean 1 per order for LE150's only lol its an idea to save all the emails etc.

And in my opinion should be first come first serve if they went off he time stamp on peoples orders yes people would be disappointed but then if everyone was happy then there would be no point in having pin trading XD

it would only be 75 orders if everyone bought 2, if online exclusives were 1 per order it may make it easier for everyone as then they wouldnt be able to spilt orders etc and I mean 1 per order for LE150's only lol its an idea to save all the emails etc.

And in my opinion should be first come first serve if they went off he time stamp on peoples orders yes people would be disappointed but then if everyone was happy then there would be no point in having pin trading XD

The thing with limiting to one per order is if people want one for a keeper and one for trade. I agree about the time stamp order though.

Add me to the list of those who received that email though. o/

Last edited:
I know that limits what people can get but its the only fair way to stop all the crap with the orders.

And do we know what has been halved?? is it the whole order or just certain pins.

My order wasnt even accepted, I was lightning fast, but my card was declined!!! I questioned Disney over this because there was no reason for it to be declined - they didnt even answer my question, and just gave that standard email of "announcement next week". I'm at that stage where Ive had enough trying to order!

I know that limits what people can get but its the only fair way to stop all the crap with the orders.

And do we know what has been halved?? is it the whole order or just certain pins.

I believe it's just the Vanessa pin orders being halved. I happened to have called DS about a different order when I heard there were issues and asked about mine, and I'm still getting 2 Hercules. I'm thinking that having an online 350 might be a good experiment. Would love to see what happens with it.

I do think it would be a good idea to limit the LE150's to 1 per customer, as there are so few of them, that would allow more people to get hold of one. Other than that I'm not a fan of 1 per customer, because of course we need a few to trade dont we!!

I believe it's just the Vanessa pin orders being halved. I happened to have called DS about a different order when I heard there were issues and asked about mine, and I'm still getting 2 Hercules. I'm thinking that having an online 350 might be a good experiment. Would love to see what happens with it.

But then Id expect the price to be £7 regardless of it being online exclusive as I would think it quite underhanded to pay £9 for an LE150 and pay the same price for an LE350 as to me thats not right.

But then Id expect the price to be £7 regardless of it being online exclusive as I would think it quite underhanded to pay £9 for an LE150 and pay the same price for an LE350 as to me thats not right.

It would be nice for it to be £7. I personally haven't felt many recently have been worth £9, but it's also nice that we're paying the same amount for the lower LE's than we did for the higher LEs a few years ago. I guess we'll see what happens on release. :)

I got the same email too....very unhappy. I checked out in 1 minute from when they went online, and I didnt even bother to order the hercules pins as I didnt really want them and thought I'd leave them for those who really did...yet my order is still being halved. I know why we all had these issues, it's because somehow people are getting these before release, the very morning after I ordered people online were selling this pin on flea bay , with it in hand ready to ship...not happy at all. I was counting on this pin to be a good trader for me, now I only have one. Why did it take this long for them to contact us all?? Surely they mustve known on friday... it says in the email that there is to be an announcement regarding a new way of releasing pins, next week....I wonder what that will be. It seems to me they can;t sort their issues out, so instead of sorting them, theyre resorting to halving if not cancelling orders for those of us who managed to buy the pin(s)... I find it hard to swallow the fact that somebody who purchased the pin maybe 10 minutes or so after me will still get theirs, and all us early birds who stay up clicking refresh time and time again at stupid o-clock in the morning get ours halved. :( I have a suspicion they are going to limit the pin purchases to 1 per customer, to compensate for their lack of ability to sort constant over-selling issues out.

I don;t want a poxy cast pin that I didn;t want, or a code - I want my vanessa pins x 2 like I ordered.... NOT HAPPY (thanks for letting me rant!! lol!)

Have a good day everyone, sorry for those of you who got the email as I did.

i didnt get an email, or an apology, or a code, or even a mention of a cast pin..... but im still missing out, they just dumped the money back i my paypal with out telling me. feels like the online shopping version of a hit and run. so not impressed with DSUK right now!!!

Hi,
I got an email telling about how i will get cast member pins instead I got a refund so I think will get only one pin.
Oh well I can be lucky all the time lol
When I phone they could not tell me what i will be getting mmmm

well I've not had my money back and I've not had an email either I don't know whether to be cautiously optimistic or to give up hope!!:anxious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back