• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here comes my innocent question because I'm not used to buying these sets (prior to Elsa/Hans): Why would the Disney Store cancel an order after it was confirmed and paid for? This makes no sense to me!

Because they always manage to somehow screw up and sell more dolls than they have. Might have something to do with the app sometimes allowing people to check out after the website says items sold out, It used to happen back in the Frozen craze with merch and seems it also happens with dolls too :(

Because they always manage to somehow screw up and sell more dolls than they have. Might have something to do with the app sometimes allowing people to check out after the website says items sold out, It used to happen back in the Frozen craze with merch and seems it also happens with dolls too :(

I just wonder if overselling happened, how would they determine whose order should be canceled? Based on purchase time?

I remember hearing from people Wednesday that the set came back on the mobile app but not on computers...perhaps that was the problem?

I remember hearing from people Wednesday that the set came back on the mobile app but not on computers...perhaps that was the problem?

"Thanks for disappointing my daughter!!!! Ordered Elsa and Hans limited edition got the confirmation email yesterday and everything. Told her when she got home from school then today it gets cancelled!? I asked the person I talked to how hat happens and her response was t was a computer glitch. Well a $5 will not make up for my daughter being disappointed. I didn't take he card and the rep didn't seem to like the idea of her calling to tell my daughter so I didn't have to."

Found this on DS's FB page posted by a customer. I think it is possible due to this glitch.
If not, I don't think cancellation of an active order due to insufficient dolls should happen so early only 2 days after sold out.

Last edited:
yiu would hope so but I know people who got their orders cancelled and others who ordered after them who didn't, so who knows
Yeah, just hope for the best. I learned that some European buyer got their order canceled due to payment method and maybe this could also happen in US DS store.

Maybe they've cancelled them to give to the people who only had Peter Pan set turn up instead of the full 5 sets.

You never hear about a release without problems these days!

Can someone please tell me how a "first come first served" works at a Disney store for a hot item limited edition doll release? Are the dolls behind the cash registers? Are we given a number when we enter the store and directed towards a designated area? Is it a scrum free for all like a Walmart on Black Friday? I'm just wondering what to expect when a store opens at 10:00AM in a mall that opens at 5:00AM!

You go the Disney Store and wait in line (or just hang out) outside the store (the change depends on location). Sometime after 9, just before the store's gonna open, a Cast Member will exit the store, carrying numbered cards. There's one card for each doll - so one for Elsa, one for Anna, and one for the Designer Anna and Kristoff. The number on the card does not matter, except for bragging rights if you happen to get #1 (which happened to me for Blue Aurora, Phillip, and Maleficent). Once you get a card, you are GUARANTEED a doll and may go up to the cashier at any time.

You go the Disney Store and wait in line (or just hang out) outside the store (the change depends on location). Sometime after 9, just before the store's gonna open, a Cast Member will exit the store, carrying numbered cards. There's one card for each doll - so one for Elsa, one for Anna, and one for the Designer Anna and Kristoff. The number on the card does not matter, except for bragging rights if you happen to get #1 (which happened to me for Blue Aurora, Phillip, and Maleficent). Once you get a card, you are GUARANTEED a doll and may go up to the cashier at any time.

you'll pretty much want to go straight to buy the doll though, especially if the store gives you an opportunity to look at multiple dolls.

After just receiving one of the five sets on Wednesday it was a massive relief to receive the other 4 today. Hermes had left the package on wet grass in my front garden!!! But luckily all the sets are fine. They are so beautiful :)

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me how a "first come first served" works at a Disney store for a hot item limited edition doll release? Are the dolls behind the cash registers? Are we given a number when we enter the store and directed towards a designated area? Is it a scrum free for all like a Walmart on Black Friday? I'm just wondering what to expect when a store opens at 10:00AM in a mall that opens at 5:00AM!

Just like it sounds, the first people in line when the Disney Store opens gets the dolls. Aparently mine's one of the more civil stores, but their we line up outside the mall before it opens, then once the guards let us in we reline up outside the Disney Store in the same order. Then anywhere between 9-10:00 a cast member comes out and distributes the cards based on the number of dolls they have available, one card for each doll. At ours, if you get out of line before the store opens then you lose your card, so be aware of what your store's policy is. Then when the store opens you go in and get your doll(s). For me, depending on which cast member is there, we can either get to choose between at least two dolls, or spend time taking our pick from all those still available, it's really up to the cast member checking you out.

BTW: You should also be aware of which door will be opening first. The cast members at my store always work with security to ensure that one door is opened before all the others on doll days to avoid confusion and fighting over who arrived first.

Last edited:
Wow, so, is my store the ONLY one that is actually doing a freaking RAFFLE for the Anna/Kristoff couples set on Tuesday? :(

The 17" Frozen Fever dolls will be first come, first serve, as will the Tsum Tsums released that day, but during the Elsa/Hans raffle they stressed the releases for the 3rd would be done in two parts, the 17" dolls first in the morning, and then a raffle for Anna/Kristoff at 1pm, just like the five official Heroes vs. Villains dolls from this year's set. I'm pretty annoyed by that because I was hoping to have all the dolls ASAP and head home but now I'll have to hang around for an extra three hours (after waiting several before the mall opens) for a CHANCE to buy the dolls. Even more annoying is it sounds like the Metrotown store in BC is the ONLY ONE THAT'S DOING A RAFFLE. That really sucks. Is any other store anyone here goes to doing a raffle as well or what? You would think the Disney Stores would have coordinated this better so ALL stores were doing the exact same type of release. I wonder if the other two stores in the greater Vancouver area are doing the same type of release...

My set looks like it will be delivered today ooo it feels like Christmas :) I'm so excited!

I've been waiting for mine to be delivered today too but I've just checked the tracking and it stays courier to re-attempt, they haven't even tried, so annoying, hope you get yours okay today.

Hello! Been enjoying everyone's posts! I was just going to say that my store in Atlanta also told me that the Anna and Kristoff's would be raffle like the other Designer Collection. I agree it is strange they aren't all being consistent...

happy halloween
tumblr_nx3i39JpsX1s823kjo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nx34q43Es11s823kjo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nx3i39JpsX1s823kjo2_540.jpg
tumblr_nx3i39JpsX1s823kjo4_540.jpg

More great pics, Pupuce! They're all so good. I think the last one is my favorite. They are all positioned so well with their expressions. It really looks like they're all coming at you and Ursula kinda looks likes she's actually moving in (floating/swimming). I love it! It's frame worthy.

Wow, so, is my store the ONLY one that is actually doing a freaking RAFFLE for the Anna/Kristoff couples set on Tuesday? :(

The 17" Frozen Fever dolls will be first come, first serve, as will the Tsum Tsums released that day, but during the Elsa/Hans raffle they stressed the releases for the 3rd would be done in two parts, the 17" dolls first in the morning, and then a raffle for Anna/Kristoff at 1pm, just like the five official Heroes vs. Villains dolls from this year's set. I'm pretty annoyed by that because I was hoping to have all the dolls ASAP and head home but now I'll have to hang around for an extra three hours (after waiting several before the mall opens) for a CHANCE to buy the dolls. Even more annoying is it sounds like the Metrotown store in BC is the ONLY ONE THAT'S DOING A RAFFLE. That really sucks. Is any other store anyone here goes to doing a raffle as well or what? You would think the Disney Stores would have coordinated this better so ALL stores were doing the exact same type of release. I wonder if the other two stores in the greater Vancouver area are doing the same type of release...

Honestly, I haven't called my store yet. They usually don't say what their plans are until a couple days before, so I'm gonna call tomorrow, if not Monday, to find out. I'll let you know, though.

I've been waiting for mine to be delivered today too but I've just checked the tracking and it stays courier to re-attempt, they haven't even tried, so annoying, hope you get yours okay today.

Gotta love those courier companies! We were at the cinema when mine were delivered so I came home to a note saying they'd been left by our back door. I really like my Hermes guy but this worries me as were away next weekend when the last 3 dolls would be delivered (if I'm lucky!) so I don't want them being left outside.

I feel eel a bit disheartened with my set this time round and I can definitely see where people are coming from when they say about quality control. I've never attempted to 'fix' any of my dolls but these two need a bit of tlc!

Pupuce amazing pics as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back