• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Lansam Pinpics Banning MORE Users. WATCH OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lansam Pinpics Banning MORE Users. WATCH OUT!
well i certainly would have a problem with anyone who is in charge of pinpics, removing scrapper warnings so they could produce and sell scrappers....thats a huge plan. I am not that versed as to know if thats going on, but i definetly know which pins i own that have a scrapper warning and when i sell/trade my pin i will look to see if anything was removed. Good to be alert. I will say, i have personally met and interacted with one of the owners and truly did not get a negative vibe a all. I found them to be honest, caring, relaxed and kind. That was my personal experience.

Look, I am merely being the voice for what is going on out there.

Hmmmm ... I have a feeling that your voice is leaving few uncomfortable connections out. How about the connection between one of those banned users and Smyrak??

IMO being connected to a convicted counterfeitor trumps being connected to you. No?

Last edited:
Well, this is really far too complex for me to REALLY comment on it, and I don't know the players at all, but there are a few points that I'd like to make/re-enforce:

-People who own/create/run forums or sites are free to ban who they like, for whatever reason. It sucks if they go off the rails, but it happens.

-It's not a bad thing for for forum or site to be checked regularly so the members know what's going on. I would rather have everything dragged out so I can make my own decision than be kept in the dark. Unfortunately, truth/opinion/rumor can sometimes be harder to drag apart, but at least it's out there.

-Until there is a viable alternative to Pinpics, a lot of this is pointless. People are going to want a database as complete as Pinpics- they're going to keep using it until they either have an alternative, or the people running Pinpics go so far off the rails that the users get outraged.

IMO being connected to a convicted counterfeit or trumps being connected to you. No?

Well, how about a counterfeiter that was given a cease & desist by Disney, but DIED before she could be prosecuted?

Or how about all those who are knowingly selling bad pins...but haven't been caught or convicted because Disney has no interest in stopping it!?

Directly selling and trading bad stuff TRUMPS any relation. (this of course is knowingly, as we have all had a bad pin unknowingly).

All I am trying to say is that it is possible that said 3 people were banned for their connections to Smyrak and his son, and not to you.

It would be very odd for Pinpics to keep Smyrak's son and his buddies as members.

All I am trying to say is that it is possible that said 3 people were banned for their connections to Smyrak and his son, and not to you.

It would be very odd for Pinpics to keep Smyrak's son and his buddies as members.

So, are you saying/confirming Pinpics is Banning people based on who you are FRIENDS with???

Further...think I will have to hide my FACEBOOK Friends list or Pinpics will start going after that, since everyone supports the ability for Pinpics to block for any reason.

Further..how far do you take this banning? When do you say, it is unfair and unjustified.

And yes, there are alternative Pinpics sites coming...perhaps sooner than you think.....

Last edited:
So, are you saying/confirming Pinpics is Banning people based on who you are FRIENDS with???

Diana, I can't help feeling lke you are asking me questions as if I am on trial.

I have no idea why those people got banned and I truly do not care.

I am just saying, if it were me, I would ban a convicted counterfeitor's son from my site to protect my own name. Now, you might not agree with their decision, but it truly is YOUR problem.

Diana, I can't help feeling lke you are asking me questions as if I am on trial.

I have no idea why those people got banned and I truly do not care.

I am just saying, if it were me, I would ban a convicted counterfeitor's son from my site to protect my own name. Now, you might not agree with their decision, but it truly is YOUR problem.

Well, Merryweather...hate to tell ya...but ya might be on trial if I am sued..as your information is being fed as we speak....

That being said...I stick up for my friends and NOT ALL 3 are related to Smyak. So, that leaves 2 of 3 that have nothing to do with that...and have been banned....

Protecting the Pinpics name is a JOKE, based on how it was sold, and the secrets surrounding the entire operation. Why give Moderator rights to people who SELL bootleg pins??

If Pinpics wanted to protect their name...why screw with things in the first place? It was their mistake and bad PR that created my worry.....I care because a Banning happened TO ME; and has now happened to SIX people that I know personally. Now, THREE more this weekend. And...NO, it was not for TRADE ISSUES.

Hide, justify and claim "different" reasons for banning..but the common denominator is that I am involved.

Oh crap. Here we go again. Can we stop dealing with "ifs" and wait until something actually happens that is bad and effects everyone? So far, the only bad things seem to be happening to Tiggernut and her friends, and those are of her own making.

Merryweather: why don't you reveal your ties to LANSAM? I ask, because your information is not public knowledge.

Further, I have just been informed that the account in question, claiming to be son of Smyrak..was NOT registered to Smyrak....so where is this INFO coming from? Which goes back to my supporters being banned for speech, not being linked to counterfeiters.

Further, I just checked and several accounts linked to the counterfeit ors are still ACTIVE on Pinpics.

Guess, we are back to being a society where it doesn't matter what happens to others; unless/until it happens to me attitude. What a shame, as I care what happens to the hobby as a whole....

How far does this go? How far is one going to back Lansam's dodgy antics in order to gain favor and keep their Pinpics account open?

Guess, that is an independent decision.

I refuse to be an ostrich.

think ill hit ignore aswell cba with this crap again as it will go away and come back in a new thread in like 2 months time.

id prefer someone to be banned as think its for good reasonbut thats just my thoughts on this before i hit ignore.

Can I just remind you that if you don't like this thread, nobody is making you read it? You can just ignore it, pass it by, not even open it. If you don't like what people have to say, you can even put them on ignore. Grim has written a beautiful tutorial on how to ignore users right here:

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?10489-Tutorial-How-to-quot-Ignore-quot-a-member

Since so many of you seem to have a problem with what some people are posting, I strongly suggest that you visit that thread and use the ignore feature.

In the meantime, remember that you are treated like adults only as long as you act like it. You might remember what Thumper said: 'If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all.' I don't expect it to go that far; I'm not that idealistic, but I do expect you to act like adults. Act like children and you'll be treated like children (and nobody will like that).

I don't think anyone is backing LANSAM out of fear of losing their account. I don't really see anyone backing LANSAM at all. What I do see is people refraining from making a negative judgement of them before they feel like anything has been proven.

I know you feel like you have provided proof, but to someone on the outside that doesn't know the people you are talking about and isn't privy to the details, there has been no proof at all. It is all hearsay.

What PPIDs were banned? Who were the people behind them? How and when did they publicly support you? How would LANSAM know you are friends with them? What pins specifically have had scrapper warnings removed? And can you really prove they were ever there? I know you said you questioned scrapper warnings being removed from the Stitch Valentines set, but if my memory serves me correctly, you were questioning the SKUs being removed and not scrapper warnings. Was there a different discussion that I missed?

This is just going to be the same conversation over and over again unless hard proof is provided. Even the pin you say you have, how does anyone but the parties involved know that you got that specific pin from that specific person? People have got to see more in order to believe anything. Not a list of statements/claimed facts/opinions. People need links to specific information, undoctored snapshots of old listings, the people who's accounts were actually banned to come forward, etc.

Until that happens I'm afraid that the story of "How The Grinch Stole Pinpics" remains to be written.

Merryweather: why don't you reveal your ties to LANSAM? I ask, because your information is not public knowledge.

Ok, you got me :( I have been trying to hide it from everyone, but now I feel really cornered, so I have to come clean. I have very close & strong ties to Lansam.

LANSAM is actually a consortium of 7.5 people (yeah, half as I am pregnant with my second child). My husband and I got a 10% chunk from Lenny. My husband is actually the one who travels to Asia to arrange the dirty production. Sometimes I go with him and smuggle the scrapper pins on my person as if they are my personal jewelry.

They also refer to me lovingly as their Chinese concubine. My full name is "Concubine of the northern winds" because I own a vacation house in northern China. I am about to purchase my own production facility soon. They have hired two bodyguards just to protect me and my unborn child. Those body guards are very well versed in internet and hacking numerous sites. If anything pops up regarding me at all, they go and delete everything.

Ok guys, I hope you enjoyed my sense of fiction. Please know that I made all of this up, no truth in any of this at all.:rofl:

I am very sorry to disappoint you, but I really have no ties to LANSAM. I have no percentage share, I have not paid anything, I am not getting paid anything from them. I am just a mom & a housewife with not much to my name. Probably that is why you can't find any public information on me.

I am just long distance friends with An & Sam and I am hoping to meet them during my upcoming trip. IMO they are not the monsters you perceive them to be, but this is just my opinion. They have a huge task in front of them with many pin-trading eyes watching them very closely. They are humans, they are bound to be nervous and make mistakes.

It is impossible to please everyone all the time. Neither are they obligated to please everyone especially when you think it is largely a free service, at least for the time being they did not even ask for server fees this year.

I am as nervous as anyone else about what future will hold, not just for Pinpics but for entire pin trading as a hobby. However, I chose optimism and faith instead of hearsay and negativity.

If your supporters are banned for being linked to you, that is between them and Pinpics/LANSAM. I can not speak in their name, but I can't help feeling that you do not know the whole truth and probably filling in the blanks with your own assumptions.

Sorry if my answer does not satisfy you, but it really is the TRUTH about me :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back