• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Lansam Pinpics Banning MORE Users. WATCH OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, they came for the Jews...

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=21457

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Comparing a privately owned website about Disney pins to the Holocaust???!?!!??!!

Come on....let's get a little perspective here. There are many more unjust things going on in the world than a few accounts being banned from, again, a privately owned website. There is a presidential election going on....maybe people could focus their excess energy on that? How about the fight for gay rights...they could use some more voices standing up for them. Or how about Darfur?

Geeze...that right there ignited the little spark in me that wishes I could hit a great big red "DESTRUCT" button on the entire Pinpics website and be done with it.

Well, the HISTORICAL quotes are based on the Holocaust and Hilter's regime (Blame Niemoller, not me!). But the whole point of the quote is that you can substitute ANYONE in the role of oppressor and oppressed and the quote still works!!

For the record, I am NOT equating PinPics with Hitler, but I AM stating that we all have a vested interest in the possibility that people are being arbitrarily removed from PinPics because if it IS truly arbitrary, then no one is safe!

Last edited:
For the record, I am NOT equating PinPics with Hitler, but I AM stating that we all have a vested interest in the possibility that people are being arbitrarily removed from PinPics because if it IS truly arbitrary, then no one is safe!

I don't think it is arbitrary, I am having issues with one of those people who got banned right now if it is who I think it is. :/

I only read the first page and that was enough for me . She'sssss BaccccKKKKK !!! C'mon Enough Already, we really dont need this on DPF . Go cry a rivver on Disney Junctions . I'm hitting Ignore .

Oh, I know what this thread needs:

images

Can I just remind you that if you don't like this thread, nobody is making you read it? You can just ignore it, pass it by, not even open it. If you don't like what people have to say, you can even put them on ignore. Grim has written a beautiful tutorial on how to ignore users right here:

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?10489-Tutorial-How-to-quot-Ignore-quot-a-member

Since so many of you seem to have a problem with what some people are posting, I strongly suggest that you visit that thread and use the ignore feature.

In the meantime, remember that you are treated like adults only as long as you act like it. You might remember what Thumper said: 'If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all.' I don't expect it to go that far; I'm not that idealistic, but I do expect you to act like adults. Act like children and you'll be treated like children (and nobody will like that).

This

OK, here's another quote: "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_said_eternal_vigilance_is_the_price_of_freedom

I'm not quoting a source because the originator seems to be in question. And before you accuse me of equating PinPics with slave traders or owners, please recognize that these historical quotes can be applied to many modern-day issues...

OK, here's another quote: "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_said_eternal_vigilance_is_the_price_of_freedom

I'm not quoting a source because the originator seems to be in question. And before you accuse me of equating PinPics with slave traders or owners, please recognize that these historical quotes can be applied to many modern-day issues...

I much prefer this quote as it is a bit more tactful. But you could throw 100 more out and I don't think it maters.

Pinpics is a private website. Period. It is not a right or a need. There is no "freedom" to fight for. Pinpics is not forcing anyone to use it and them banning anyone from using it does not interfere with thier freedom or rights. They are free to go and make their own site where they can say anything they want and ban whomever they wish.

Even if I disagree with what Pinpics does or may do, all I can do is say I don't like it. I have no claim or say in what they do with their site because it isn't mine. It isn't any of ours.

I understand it has an impact on people's hobby, but everyone chose to use Pinpics at their own risk. Ultimately, it is their online home and they have the right to kick anybody out, whether it is just or not. When you have a dinner party do you invite all the people that you absolutely don't like and can't stand, for whatever reason? Unlikely. Same thing. As unfair as it may seem, they can kick anybody out that they want and that is their business. If people don't like it then I would suggest leaving the site and creating your own.

Last edited:
I agree about the private status of PinPics, and perhaps the best quote is: "Forewarned is forearmed."

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/forewarned-is-forearmed.html

Ultimately, this is probably the most relevant one of all. If you're concerned that you may lose access to the information currently on PinPics and you still have access to it, then back up this information now.

I agree about the private status of PinPics, and perhaps the best quote is: "Forewarned is forearmed."

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/forewarned-is-forearmed.html

Ultimately, this is probably the most relevant one of all. If you're concerned that you may lose access to the information currently on PinPics and you still have access to it, then back up this information now.

That one I can agree with.

If there is anyone out there that is really that concerned about it, then do your due diligence now so that you aren't whining later.

whiningdemotivator.jpg

http://www.despair.com/whining.html

Can someone explain to me how to make a copy of my pins from pin pics so I can protect my information. We have spent hundreds of hour's cataloging our collection and are terrified of losing all that work.

HOLY POOP. Yo merrywether they call me the concubine of the jersey shore, which would make a much more interesting show than the current one. Saw Pauly today, so annoying. I dont get it?

Well i guess nay discussion is good, and i have a feeling those banned were banned for more than being friends with diana, i know a few folks have been having other issues, we dont hear all the complaints the admins do.

so yes if anyone can give me tips on how to copy my collection or print it other than printing 33 pages ??? can i download it to my computer?

erudolf said:
I don't think anyone is backing LANSAM out of fear of losing their account. I don't really see anyone backing LANSAM at all. What I do see is people refraining from making a negative judgement of them before they feel like anything has been proven.

I know you feel like you have provided proof, but to someone on the outside that doesn't know the people you are talking about and isn't privy to the details, there has been no proof at all. It is all hearsay.

What PPIDs were banned? Who were the people behind them? How and when did they publicly support you? How would LANSAM know you are friends with them? What pins specifically have had scrapper warnings removed? And can you really prove they were ever there? I know you said you questioned scrapper warnings being removed from the Stitch Valentines set, but if my memory serves me correctly, you were questioning the SKUs being removed and not scrapper warnings. Was there a different discussion that I missed?

This is just going to be the same conversation over and over again unless hard proof is provided. Even the pin you say you have, how does anyone but the parties involved know that you got that specific pin from that specific person? People have got to see more in order to believe anything. Not a list of statements/claimed facts/opinions. People need links to specific information, undoctored snapshots of old listings, the people who's accounts were actually banned to come forward, etc.

Until that happens I'm afraid that the story of "How The Grinch Stole Pinpics" remains to be written.

I'm so confused. Can someone fill me in?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Dawn - you can just pull up your complete collection and page-by-page highlight all the lines, right click to copy, then open an Excel spreadsheet and paste them into one document. You have to do this after each page - so if you have 10 pages of owned pins, you have to copy-paste each page.

I actually do this on a monthly basis so I always have an updated list of what I own. I do the same thing for my trades and wants.

Whole process takes about 15-20 minutes a month.

Others may have better/other suggestions...I am always looking for better ways to do things!

Heidi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back