• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
Out of interest, does anyone know if Disney have confirmed the edition size Europe will be getting? I've tried searching, but came up with nothing!

Last edited:
Since we're already moving past the escapade that was LE 17" Aurora, quick discussion question. There is speculation Prince Phillip will get the same treatment that Eric did. Am I the only one worried about his sculpt and hair? I must admit that I hate the FTDC Phillip sculpt, and his previous isn't all that good. Plus, his hair seems as if it would be hard to style. What so you all think?

*hug* sorry you missed out, that really sucks :( I think your best bet would be to wait until they're released in October (everybody always freaks out and spends crazy amounts right after it sells out) and if they're still super expensive, then wait for the off-season (after Christmas and before summer) 'cause that's when you're going to find the best deals

Thanks very much Luna :) :)
I really don't like being a party pooper haha, I guess I just get quite invested in this hobby.
I will try to see if I can get one from the UK site, shipped to a family member in England and then to me in Australia. If not, then ebay I shall resort. I just refuse to pay $600 for any doll - that's what I paid for Snow White and, to me, none of these dolls match her beauty so I won't pay the same price. If not... I shall do as you suggest - off season ebay (or pray to goodness someone on here managed to get one more than they wanted/needed and would like to resell).

Since we're already moving past the escapade that was LE 17" Aurora, quick discussion question. There is speculation Prince Phillip will get the same treatment that Eric did. Am I the only one worried about his sculpt and hair? I must admit that I hate the FTDC Phillip sculpt, and his previous isn't all that good. Plus, his hair seems as if it would be hard to style. What so you all think?

Hmm... I haven't thought much of Philip to be honest. I wonder if he will be in the outfit that he meets Aurora in in the woods. In that case, he might be wearing a hat?? So I guess his hair wouldn't be toooo hard to style. I'm not overly fussed on the poofy mess that is Eric's hair, so I'm kind of hoping he has a sculpted head.

Thanks very much Luna :) :)
I really don't like being a party pooper haha, I guess I just get quite invested in this hobby.
I will try to see if I can get one from the UK site, shipped to a family member in England and then to me in Australia. If not, then ebay I shall resort. I just refuse to pay $600 for any doll - that's what I paid for Snow White and, to me, none of these dolls match her beauty so I won't pay the same price. If not... I shall do as you suggest - off season ebay (or pray to goodness someone on here managed to get one more than they wanted/needed and would like to resell).

I know people like Sleeping Beauty, but I feel like this is the scalpers who caused her to sell out quickly. And yeah, people on ebay will sell like crazy for the first week and then it should drop down in price when the market is flooded and the collectors all have her. I noticed this especially with the DFDC Ariel and Eric. After the set sold out on the website, they were selling for like $450-500 on ebay. The next week they were down to $250. People are becoming scalpers now because of the Frozen hype (which did bring in some new collectors, but probably more scalpers than anything), so hopefully it'll be another Tinker Bell situation and they'll be sorry they bought so many. I wish you lots of luck getting Aurora! Be patient and I know you'll be able to get her either from the UK or on the secondary market for a better price than she's for now :)

Hmm... I haven't thought much of Philip to be honest. I wonder if he will be in the outfit that he meets Aurora in in the woods. In that case, he might be wearing a hat?? So I guess his hair wouldn't be toooo hard to style. I'm not overly fussed on the poofy mess that is Eric's hair, so I'm kind of hoping he has a sculpted head.
I'm thinking that they're going to to do the red and black outfit from the end of the movie. To match Aurora. Honestly, I hope that Phillip and Maleficent match Aurora in style. I love TLM LE's individually, but together they don't seem to have the same idea. Aurora is my first LE 17" doll, (I have the two SB designer dolls) and I'm really excited for what they're going to do. I would die to see him with a VERY stylized sword and shield. I wouldn't mind if Phillip had sculpted hair, because I just love his hair. But again, I just want a decent face mold.

Something about this whole thing just seems so strange to me. I get that Aurora has a fan base, as I love her too, but there is NO way I am believing that she is so popular that she sold out almost faster than Anna and Elsa. If people on eBay have multiple for sale, then its possible that the site glitched and some people actually got to buy more than one. But I am sure the Disney Store wont actually ship out more than one if that is what happened.
It's allowed to buy more than one doll as long as it is separate orders on the US page, so they should be shipping them.
Seems like Disney US didn't change the policy.

Someone on Facebook said the 17" Maleficent coming out is based on Angelina? I hope not... wouldn't make sense since the diamond edition of the classic movie is being released.

I was able to add her to my cart and tried to begin checking out to see if she would disappear, but she stayed. And then of course just now I thought "Oh poop, did I accidentally order her?!" and saw a 2014 in my order history, nearly had a heart attack xD was just March Anna though, phew. I think it would be a new low for the one person who didn't want the doll to accidentally get her haha

I couldn't find the page myself, but thanks for the responses guys! But really? 500? No wonder the UK page have been keeping that quiet!

Holy smack.... I got her...
Thank you so much! I also got a confirmation email, so that's a definite yes right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back