• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
Ah yeah that's true with pre-order in stores. Sorry to all who didn't manage to get one. :(

thank you. Yeah I hope it's not as bad. Apparently the Anna and Elsa dolls were hardly even up on the UK site.

Ah yeah that's true with pre-order in stores. Sorry to all who didn't manage to get one. :(

thank you. Yeah I hope it's not as bad. Apparently the Anna and Elsa dolls were hardly even up on the UK site.
Back in March there were all levels of chaos and screw ups - the UK and other major European stores didn't seem prepared for the huge traffic which caused the site to crash around 8:03 am - in the meantime the remaining still functioning disney stores sold the dolls (including the Danish store - since I was able to put the dolls into my cart and go all the way to check-out even around 8:20 am).
Then there was the possible issue with the time, that it's speculated that there was issues with summer time change and the dolls were actually uploaded to the site already at 7 am, meaning those with the right links bought the dolls.
Finally several people in the UK were able to put orders in over the phone after the site crashed - all that resulted in the dolls being sold out when they actually finally appeared online.
I hope for all Europeans that this won't happen again. It was a major screw up to say the least and once again only deciding to sell 500 dolls in Europe shows that they don't really seem to care.
If the UK people run into a crashed site again, I would advice people to try and call disney, since it succeeded for several people back in March.

That's awful. :( All I knew was the site crashed. I didn't try for those dolls but the amount of rage that was on the UK Facebook page was amazing and yet Disney still seems to not have listened. Thanks for the advice about cAlling them. But honestly, it's not fair of them to upload them earlier if they did, such misleading information.

yeah, they don't seem to care at all with only 500. :( I'm sure we've not always been only allocated 500 dolls.

Congratulations to the people that got her!

And I'm sorry for those who missed out :(

I don't know about you guys but I'm actually pretty glad they did In Store pre-order first and THEN online.

Being in Canada: shipping can make a 139$ doll after tax, shipping and customs fees to a 200$ doll really easily.

In store made this so much easier for me.

TheDisneyfanatic- I think I might have ended up with two Aurora was trying to overcome the freeze (and forgot to add free shipping) if it turns out that way, you can have the other one retail+tax so you don't have to resort to evilbay.

Congratulations to the people that got her!

And I'm sorry for those who missed out :(

I don't know about you guys but I'm actually pretty glad they did In Store pre-order first and THEN online.

Being in Canada: shipping can make a 139$ doll after tax, shipping and customs fees to a 200$ doll really easily.

In store made this so much easier for me.

Where are there disney stores in canada?? I wish they had one in montreal :(

I think the other part of the problem is that there are collectors buying in the store and online to have "extras" to trade. I know that a few of the collectors I saw at my store yesterday were also posting on facebook that they were ordering online as well. So between scalpers and collectors buying two dolls to trade, or even sell online to cover the costs of their own dolls, alot of people aren't able to get them that just want one for their collection.

Wow…
She went faster than Anna and Elsa - think she was gone by 00:14 am…
Either she's more popular than I thought or we'll have a scalper flood soon - kinda thinking the second option, like Tinkerbell.

On a positive note… I had issues with my credit card (wouldn't accept my name at first) so I got really stressed out, but finally it went through… phew...

For me there is no difference between a scalper and a collector, who buys dolls only to resell them to cover their own expenses, so he does not have to spend any money on their collection. They are both exactly the same!!! If I do collect something, I WANT to pay for it, because for me it is worth the price. For a collector who resells obviously it´s not worth a penny... that´s not a real collector for me!

Last edited:
Whoever wants to report the auctions on ebay, right-hand side "Report item", then "Listing practices", then "Inapropriate seller terms" then "Presale".

Anybody who buys those has a chance of getting scammed, since the refunds policy does not cover presales.

It makes me angry seeing those auctions up for $500-$1000 :mad:

I was able to purchase Aurora last night and it now says active. Thanks for posting the direct link on this forum! I thought we would all have alot more time to cart her so I did not go instore. For Malificent I will buy instore instead.

For me there is no difference between a scalper and a collector, who buys dolls only to resell them to cover their own expenses, so he does not have to spend any money on their collection. They are both exactly the same!!! If I do collect something, I WANT to pay for it, because for me it is worth the price. For a collector who resells obviously it´s not worth a penny... that´s not a real collector for me!
Whoever buys a doll for the sole purpose of reselling it, could be seen as a scalper. Guess some people refer to people who makes a living on reselling these dolls as scalpers and the other people are more seen as "resellers", but in the end, like you said, it doesn't make a difference. Since they take a doll from another potential collector and sell it at higher prices for own gain.

Whoever wants to report the auctions on ebay, right-hand side "Report item", then "Listing practices", then "Inapropriate seller terms" then "Presale".

Anybody who buys those has a chance of getting scammed, since the refunds policy does not cover presales.

It makes me angry seeing those auctions up for $500-$1000 :mad:

I checked out ebay's policy for presale items. It states:
"
Presale listings generally consist of items that are sold before they're available to the public, such as video games, tickets, and custom-made items. (For the rules on magazine subscriptions and certain promotional items and events, see Additional information.) These items often aren't in the seller's control or possession when they're listed.
If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:

• Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.

• Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.

• The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account."

You can only report an item for being sold as a pre-sale item if it is not being clearly stated as a pre-sale item. I wonder if that means ebay will guarantee you from the October date, because if they're allowing pre-sales, then surely they have to cover your bum (when I thought I missed out on Aurora, I looked to ebay but didn't want to buy because what if the person selling doesn't get a doll and doesn't give my money back?!)

I checked out ebay's policy for presale items. It states:

If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:

• Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.
This is the part they are violating. It'll be more than 30 days from now until when they actually receive the doll to send out to the buyer. And on PayPal you only have 45 days to make a claim from the date of purchase.

I wouldn't trust it :( I'd wait until October to purchase, at least the buyer would be covered.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! I read that as more like it had to be shipped within 30 days of the October date, but that's not the purchase date, is it?
I do very worry about scammers, I hope those who purchased bought "honest" dolls. I agree, I'd only buy on the second hand market after the reseller/shark had the doll in their hands.

I'm sorry to anyone who missed out and really wanted her, and I'm happy for all who wanted her and got her.

Nope! The purchase date is the date you purchase the doll on ebay.

If anyone really wants to buy one right now, I'd look at the sellers feedback, and not buy from anyone that has under 200 positives (and 0 negs). Or wait until you're within your 45 day paypal period !

wow, she sold out in minutes?

i actually anticipated her being a little like ariel, who i don't remember being super duper popular?

i'm thinking it might have to do with maleficent and the success that it had. or the frozen hype, which is more likely.

wow, she sold out in minutes?

i actually anticipated her being a little like ariel, who i don't remember being super duper popular?

i'm thinking it might have to do with maleficent and the success that it had. or the frozen hype, which is more likely.

That's quite irritating since Maleficent is totally different from the original Sleeping Beauty! Guess that a Lot of people only want to make money... Was so upset and disappointet that i decided to order the Limited Lithography Set and Classic and animator's Rapunzel! :D hopefully i get lucky in october!

This is very premature lol but I'm planning on travelling to London in October to try and get the dolls, my nearest store I don't think carries them so might as well plan a trip to London lol. Can anyone who went to get Ariel tell me which Disney store had her in London as I'm guessing theirs more than one? And how early do you have to line up? I was thinking 6am? Store opens at 10am or would I need to be even earlier?

I don't think Maleficent has anything to do with it, to be honest. It's just that more and more collectors start liking the dolls and with that popularity it also brings more scalpers. After the craziness of Frozen they probably want to turn every future doll release into some high end sale. I mean, just look at the Ebay listings right now, they're trying to sell her for big bucks and she's not even delivered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back