• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Christmas in July Pin Exchange bumping up for Secret Santa 2013

Questions

What is your name? (first name with initial of last name is fine)Kristie L

What is your age range? Under 18? 18 - 25? 25-35? Over 35? Exact age is not required, that's why I gave a range.
What Disney character(s) do you like?Tinker Bell! Also maleficent and aurora. And lady and the tramp
What Disney character(s) do you dislike?fab 5, figment, not too crazy about stitch

Which Disney theme park is your favorite?
only been to wdw

What is your favorite Disney movie(s)3 way tie, sleeping beauty, peter pan, and lady and tramp

What is your favorite non-Disney movie?gone with the wind

What is your favorite book(s)?harry potter

What is your favorite television show(s)?greys anatomy

Who is your favorite singer(s)?cher and all other divas lol

Who is your favorite band(s)? blink 182

Which celebrity was your first crush? all members of the band listed above :)

What do you dislike? line cutters lol i dont know what to put here

Do you have any allergies?to dust and pollen lol

Do you like handmade/homemade items?sometimes, depends on the item

Do you like customized items?yes

Do you like personalized items?yes

If you collect pins, which pin(s) do you consider your Holy Grail?aurora or tinker bell reveal conceal
Or any of these
Pin 65092: DisneyShopping.com - Southern Belle Series - Tinker Bell
Pin 49740: DisneyShopping.com - Aurora with Wheel

Pin 38764: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Maleficent Behind Window (Hinged)

How long have you been collecting pins?not too long, less than a year

Other than pins, what do you collect?i guess you could say blu rays and dvds. I have most disney movies on blu ray.

How long have you been collecting those non-pin item for years , first had them on vhs, then dvd, now blu ray

What country do you live in?usa

Will you ship internationally?yes

Tell me about yourself.hmm lets see. I live in ny. I have a ba in cinema studies. I am a film nut as much as i am a disney nut. I also love dogs, i have 3 dogs 2 shih tzus and a beagle. My beagle kind of looks like nana from peter pan, only smaller. I have one son, he's almost 2 and already a disney kid. Thats all for now :)

I'm in! Here's my questionnaire:

What is your name?
Tim L

What is your age range? Under 18? 18 - 25? 25-35? Over 35?
18-25

What Disney character(s) do you like?
in no particular order: Boo, Wall-E & Eva, Belle, Mulan, the Incredibles family, Basil (Great Mouse Detective), Ellie & Carl, Aladdin, Genie, Abu, the Star Wars cast (except for JarJar and Hayden Christensen) now that they're a part of the Disney family

What Disney character(s) do you dislike?
Russell, Roocifer (Lucifer ;)), Dory, sorry - my least favorite Princess is Merida, LeFou

Disneyland

What is your favorite Disney movie(s)?
Wall-E, Aladdin, the Incredibles, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Great Mouse Detective, Sword and the Stone

What is your favorite non-Disney movie?
Inception, the Dark Knight trilogy, Legends of the Fall

What is your favorite book(s)?
Stephen King's Dark Tower series, Neuromancer, Ender's Game, A Song of Fire and Ice series (aka Game of Thrones), When Gravity Fails, The Alienist, For Whom The Bell Tolls

What is your favorite television show(s)?
Fringe, House, Person of Interest, Once Upon A Time, Game of Thrones, NCIS, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Elementary

Who is your favorite singer(s)?
James Hetfield, Chet Baker, Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick Jr, Bruno Mars, Ceelo

Who is your favorite band(s)?
MUSE, Metallica

Which celebrity was your first crush?
Natalie Portman from the Professional

What do you dislike?
BULLIES. I actively HATE them.

Do you have any allergies?
just some medicine allergies, but no food allergies

Do you like handmade/homemade items? Do you like customized items? Do you like personalized items?
It depends on what kind of items. I don't wear knitted scarves, or ever had a sweater Grandma made. I like journals and stationary, book covers, anything that can hold electronics (like bags, sleeves, cases).

If you collect pins, which pin(s) do you consider your Holy Grail?
Probably Beloved Tales: Aladdin (I know it's not as expensive as others, but I like the movie). And the Kingdom Hearts - Goofy, Sora and Donald - pin.

How long have you been collecting pins?
About a year.

Other than pins, what do you collect?
Blu-rays, decks of cards (specialized, not just regular Bicycle playing cards)

How long have you been collecting those non-pin items?
Blu-rays: several years; cards: a few months

What country do you live in?
US

Will you ship internationally?
Prefer not to, but will if needed.

Tell me about yourself.
I enjoy playing the trumpet, playing video games, am learning to shuffle and do card tricks (to help hand-eye coordination), watch movies, and reading. I also like taking photographs, and using Photoshop to explore my creative side (I wish I could draw and paint and be more artistic free-hand, but I am not as artistic as others on the forum).

What is your name? Charlotte T.

What is your age range? I will be 30 on June 10th :(

What Disney character(s) do you like? Any UP! characters, Alice, Rapunzel, Toy story, ....the list is endless really!

What Disney character(s) do you dislike? not keen on stitch, fab 5,

Which Disney theme park is your favorite? Ive unfortunately never been to any, but hope to one day

What is your favorite Disney movie(s)? UP! is my all time fave!!

What is your favorite non-Disney movie? Bridget Jones Diary, 10 things I hate about you, Anchorman

What is your favorite book(s)? Twilight saga, Alice in wonderland, any who-dunnits/mystery, harry potter

What is your favorite television show(s)? friends

Who is your favorite singer(s)? Michael Buble, Robbie Williams, Madonna, Ed Sheeran

Who is your favorite band(s)? Coldplay, the killers, Takethat,

Which celebrity was your first crush? Robbie Williams

What do you dislike? I dislike people with out manners, I dont like cheecake, smelly cheese, full fat milk,

Do you have any allergies? no

Do you like handmade/homemade items? Yes, I dont mind :)

Do you like customized items? not really

Do you like personalized items? not too keen, depends :)

If you collect pins, which pin(s) do you consider your Holy Grail? Pin 70360: Jumbo Carl's House, Pin 70345: DSF - El Capitan Marquee - Disney Pixar's Up, Pin 89669: Japan UP pin (GWP), Pin 78741: DisneyStore.com Up Pin Set - My Adventure Book Only, Pin 78640: DSF - Beloved Tales Series - The Sword in the Stone, Pin 95110: DSF - Beloved Tales - Tangled (surprise release) and any of the remaining UP! pins on my wants list

How long have you been collecting pins? since 2011

Other than pins, what do you collect? not a lot else really, I did collect postcards, dolls, willow tree figurines but havent added to those collections is ages!

How long have you been collecting those non-pin items? a few years on and off

What country do you live in? Scotland, UK

Will you ship internationally? of course

Tell me about yourself. I am a mum to 4 young children: Bethany, Jack, Evie and baby Arthur who is 6 months old, I love them so much they are my world. I am happily married to my childhood sweetheart, and we live in the scottish highlands. I love pin collecting, and collect UP and beloved tales...my goal is to try complete my UP! collection by the end of the year, or atleast try to lol! I have 2 pet dogs Jenny and Lewis, and am a full time mum/housewife. I enjoy gardening, collecting, cooking, pins and puzzle games. I try to live life to the fullest,and cherish each day as it comes :)

What is your name? (first name with initial of last name is fine).
Erin Campbell

What is your age range? Under 18? 18 - 25? 25-35? Over 35? Exact age is not required, that's why I gave a range.
I'm 31, I don't mind telling lol.

Aurora, Giselle, Alice, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Belle and Beast, Mulan, Darkwing Duck, Madam Mim.

All characters are pretty ok, but on the collecting side I'm not too fond of the Fab 5 and Tinkerbell

DLR, is my fav. I have been to WDW once, but a good while ago so I don't really remember it too much.

Sleeping Beauty, Enchanted, Mulan, and Hercules.

Man, that's a hard one. It used to be Mummy with Brendan Frasier, but that was a long time ago. I don't have one particular film that is my favorite anymore, but I'm quite fond of Jane Austen films, Most (not all) films with singing and dancing in them, Star Trek movies and romantic comedies.

All Jane Austen books

Oh god, I have so many lol. Once Upon a Tiime, Castle, Bones, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Big Bang Theory, Mentalist, True Blood, Newsroom, Unforgetable, Downton Abbey, Star Trek Voyager, X-Files, and Frasier to name a few lol.

I'm more of an eclectic listener, only select songs appeal to me, not so much a certain person.

Beatles

If I can remember correctly, I believe it was Warren Beatty.

What do you dislike?
Cheaters, haters, cottage cheese, and good & plenty

Not that I am aware of.

Do you like handmade/homemade items?
Yes

Do you like customized items?
Yes

Do you like personalized items?
Yes

pin39958
pin58382

pin2489

pin62603

Next month it will be a year.

I don't really collect too much of anything else.

N/A

USA

Yes

Tell me about yourself.
I have one sister and a niece and nephew who I love a great deal. I work at a movie theatre and get to see all the movies for free, which is pretty cool. Pin trading has been a great joy for my mom and I. We have so much fun together hunting and searching for our next pin to collect. I am normally a shy person, but this wonderful community of pin traders has helped me to open up quite a bit and I have met some really awesome people and have made some great friends.

Count me in!
Questions

What is your name? (first name with initial of last name is fine). Melinda K.

What is your age range? Under 18? 18 - 25? 25-35? Over 35? Exact age is not required, that's why I gave a range. Over 35

What Disney character(s) do you like? Tigger is my favorite but I collect Chernabog too.

What Disney character(s) do you dislike? Donald Duck, Lilo and Stitch

Which Disney theme park is your favorite? I have only been to Disneyland and WDW. So, WDW and in WDW, Epcot

What is your favorite Disney movie(s)? There is no possible way to pick one. The Enchanted for live action and Beauty and the Beast for animated.

What is your favorite non-Disney movie? The Hunt for Red October or any James Bond Movie

What is your favorite book(s)? The Bible. I also like to read murder mystery.

What is your favorite television show(s)? I don't watch much television. I do like CSI and the History Channel

Who is your favorite singer(s)? Adele

Who is your favorite band(s)? dont really have a favorite

Which celebrity was your first crush? David Cassidy.

What do you dislike? Pretty much what everybody else does. War, Poverty, Hunger, predjudice,discrimination. I also dislike people who sell or trade scrapper pins on purpose.

Do you have any allergies? no food allergy. I get a mean case to hay fever every spring.

Do you like handmade/homemade items? It depends on what and who.

Do you like customized items? Again, it depends on what the item is and who is customizing. I am not crafty at all. Believe me. Nobody wants anything I have customized.

Do you like personalized items? not really

If you collect pins, which pin(s) do you consider your Holy Grail? My best friend gave me my grail in Feb. while we were at WDW. But I love the WDI Mickey Icon Dragons # 43155, 46787, 46788,46789,47354, 47355, and 47752

How long have you been collecting pins? three years

Other than pins, what do you collect? Just pins

What country do you live in? The U S A!!!!!!!

Will you ship internationally? Yes, I will gladly ship overseas.

Tell me about yourself. My husband and I have been married for 16 years. We like to travel and usually plan at least one big trip each year. This year we are going to Yellowstone for two weeks. Next year, Peru. My husband will not go to Disney so, my best friend and I go as often as we can, which is about three or four times a year. We are annual passholders. We love to go and pin trade. I love to read. I work with the local marching band here in Northwest Georgia where we live. My husband and I were not blessed with children so we have "adopted" several band kids. We have a dog and a cat whom we treat like children. I own my own business so the dog goes to work with me every day. She thinks she runs the place. I don't have the heart to break the news to her. I have had the pleasure of meeting several of you over internet and through pin trades and purchases. It has been very nice. I am looking forward to this.

Ooooh, just saw this so I'm going to jump in!
Caroline W.
Under 18
All Lilo and Stitch characters, Dumbo characters, princesses, Lion King and Wall-E are my favorites.
Fantasia other than sorcerer Mickey, Fab 5, The Incredibles
Animal Kingdom, WDW
Lilo and Stitch, Dumbo, Lion King and all the princess movies (and Wall-E is my favorite Disney/Pixar)
ET: The Extraterrestrial
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and the Catcher in the Rye
Degrassi, Dance Moms, Big Bang Theory
Adam Young
Owl City
Leonardo Dicaprio
What do you dislike?
Meanness for no reason
Nope
Yes
Yes
Yes
These are a few I'd absolutely love to own one day:
pin72494th200
pin62612th200
pin76177th200
pin48503th200
pin46300th200
pin39096th200
pin94313th200
pin36541th200

About a year and a half
Everything Disney! Statues, snow globes, books, posters, art - mainly plush dolls though.
Two years
USA
I'd prefer not to, but if absolutely necessary I can.
Tell me about yourself.
I'm a student in NY and although it's very demanding I love school as I love to learn and I have the best circle of friends and some wonderful teachers. I'm also an avid dancer. I dance everyday... tap, jazz, ballet/pointe, hip hop, modern you name it. I also babysit/tutor as I love kids and I feel that although I'm mature I also have the spirit of a child and I love people that are the same way. I really love DPF because I don't have any friends that are as in love with all things Disney as I am so I'm so glad to interact with people that are! And of course, I love pin trading as pins come with memories and they're each a little piece of art. :)

Last edited:
What is your name? (first name with initial of last name is fine)-Joshua O.

What is your age range? Under 18? 18 - 25? 25-35? Over 35?- 18-25

What Disney character(s) do you like?- stitch is my favorite

What Disney character(s) do you dislike?- i think the only Disney characters i dislike if you can count them are characters in high school musical lol

Which Disney theme park is your favorite?- oh Disneyland hands down I've been going there since i was very young

What is your favorite Disney movie(s)- first is the lilo and stitch movie series of course lol i also like wall-e, wreck it Ralph Pinocchio and the legend of sleepy hollow

What is your favorite non-Disney movie?-
i love the good, the bad and the ugly

What is your favorite book(s)?- oh i love the harry potter series, the hobbit, i love 0rading the naruto manga series i know big nerd lol

What is your favorite television show(s)?- the two shows i enjoy the most are regular show and destination truth

Who is your favorite singer(s)?- my favorite is billy joel
]y Joel
Who is your favorite band(s)?- My all time favorite bands are Green day and the Moody Blues

Which celebrity was your first crush?- lol Anne Hathaway :)

What do you dislike?- extremely rude people

Do you have any allergies?- mushrooms mess up :p i get sick extremely sick every time

Do you like handmade/homemade items?- OH YES

Do you like customized items?- YES I DO

Do you like personalized items?- INDEED I DO :)

If you collect pins, which pin(s) do you consider your Holy Grail?- these are few of my grail fins i know its going to be a challenge to get them but i say bring it on
Pin 49998: DisneyShopping.com - Halloween 2006 Mystery Set - Stitch
Pin 49607: Japan Disney Mall - Sparky - Experiment 221 - Lilo & Stitch
Pin 50223: DLRP - Halloween 2006 - Stitch as Chernabog
Pin 49098: Japan Disney Mall - Experiment 010 (Lilo & Stitch)
Pin 47785: Disney Mall - Lilo & Stitch Experiment 627
Pin 47195: Disney Mall - Experiment 625

How long have you been collecting pins?- since june 2012 still new i know lol

Other than pins, what do you collect? i collect manga i love to read them but its also fun to collect entire series

How long have you been collecting those non-pin items?- I've been collecting them since 2011

What country do you live in?- United states

Will you ship internationally?- if need be yes but ive had a few problems in the past with shipping over seas though

Tell me about yourself.- I'm going to college for my bachelors in history. i have a beautiful 1 year old daughter with my girlfriend of 6 years were all Disney fanatics. We have Disneyland passes so we quite few times out of the year lol.

Count me in . . . :) Doing this one as myself, not the three of us who encompass the CMR626 clan.

Cassie R.

25-35 (27)

Maleficent, Belle, Stitch, Ray (from PatF), Merida, most villains and a ton more other characters :)

Tink/the fairies, Cruella . . . this question was super hard :(

Only been to WDW so, WDW!

Beauty and the Beast, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Tangled (wth?! eek! why are all those princessy movies? I swear to you, I'm the TOMBOY in the family!)

Princess Bride, Clue, Rocky Horror Picture Show, nature stuff (like Planet Earth)

Haven't been reading lately, but usually - Preston & Child, Patricia Cornwell, Laurell K. Hamilton, crime and fantasy books

Castle, Criminal Minds, CSI: Miami, Lockup, Face Off, food network and random History Channel/A&E tv/Discovery channels shows

Music is life for me - so kinda hard to answer this. I listen to country, oldies, classic rock, jazz/big band, celtic, medieval tunes and almost everything except rap.

See answer about favorite singer, though my new listening experience right now is: Nouvelle Vague (thanks to a thread here on DPF)

I don't know which I'm more embarassed by - Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys) or Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show). . the latter I blame theatre for (really admired him more for the ability to pull that character off so well, plus the ability to walk in heels and look as good as he did)

What do you dislike?
Mean people, not being there for family/friends, people who follow the speed limit when I'm speeding (because they either slow me down or make me stand out to the cops), not having an infinite pin budget, math

Cats, environmental (pollen, dust, cigarette smoke sometimes), close minded people, mean tomfoolery/b.s.

Definitely!!!! :) Creativity for the win!

Love them!

Yes, but sadly not able to find them mass produced most of the time - Cassandra or Cassie is very hit or miss.

Truthfully, I've already obtained it! :) The DV Maleficent was my holiest of holy grails, and I was able to find her at an amazing deal last year. The Be Our Guest CM Exclusive (93680) pin has become like a mini grail, as I've had it slip out of my hands at least 3 times since it's release. Otherwise, they're all just hugely wanted pins.

3 years if you count when I picked up my first pin on our honeymoon, otherwise 2.5 since my sister-in-law got me truly hooked on it.

Weird friends that become like family, Dragons, Sharp & Pointy things (swords and daggers), the Disney miniature figurines (the itty bitty ones)

My lifetime; 8 years; 10 years; 10 months

USA

I can, but would prefer not to due to previous issues.

Tell me about yourself.
I'm 27 & have been married to my husband (Big Red) for 3 years. We live with my sister, whom we take care of due to her disabilities. Over the last 10 years, I've had a myriad of jobs, which have varied immensely (hot dog shop; NASCAR; Juvenile Justice Residential Treatment Facility; Children's Mental Health; Instructional Assistant working with Children with Autism; Fulltime Caregiver/private duty nurse). Disney, nature, and Renaissance Fairs are my release and "reset buttons". I tend to have ADD & OCD - So everything has to be perfect, but only for a short time! I can be super confusing to try and figure out, but once you do, it all makes sense somehow. My family and friends are the world to me, and I can be loyal and stubborn to a fault. Anything else you want to know, please just ask! :)

Last edited:
Count me as a last minute add on :lol:

Questions

Eva C

35+ and counting

Hitch Hiking Ghost, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Mike W from Monsters

Stich and Mater

I’ve only been to DLR and DCA so I will pick the original that started it all: DLR

Avengers, The Great Mouse Detective, Toy Story series

Sound of Music, Hunger Games, Up in the Air (hits too close to home, I was traveling a lot for work at one point, that was tough)

Hunger Games series, To Kill a Mocking Bird, The Devil Wears Prada

Big Bang Theory, Mad Men, Rick Steve’s Europe

Right now I’m digging on Anna Kendrick’s Cups (When I’m Gonefrom Pitch Perfect, Adele, La) song dy Gaga,

Bananarama (yes, they are still making records!)

Johnny Depp, oh man those 21 Jump Street days

What do you dislike?
The Kardashians

The typical “hayfever” that comes when the warm weather starts.

Sure, I make some myself.

I would say any of the marquee pins left on my Wants list. Sure there’s the typical Up and Wall-E marquee but there’s some I like that I haven’t been able to come across like:
Pin 53264: DSF - El Capitan Marquee - Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Peter & Tinker Bell)

Pin 62058: DSF - El Capitan Marquee - The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian
Pin 56860: DSF - El Capitan Marquee - Walt Disney's The Jungle Book (Kaa, Baloo, Mowgli)

For my Haunted Mansion collection:
Pin 2028: DLR - Haunted Mansion Exit Sign (Dead End)

Pin 79539: WDI - Sorcerer Hats Mystery Pin Collection - Attractions #2 - Haunted Mansion

1 year and 1 month, approximately

I collect autographs of Indycar drivers on their herocards. I attend any race that happens in California.

USA

sure

Tell me about yourself.
Nothing too exciting. I may have to come back to answer this one.

Updated: I'm from Northern California in the central valley but work in the Bay Area. Since I'm from Northern California, I tend to support Pixar projects a lot more. I work in biotech as a Quality Development Engineer. Other than pin collecting, I also do scrapbooking, rubber stamping/inking, a fan of Indycar racing, and movies. I also work at San Diego Comic-Con which has caused my love of movies and the DSF marquee pins :) The house is full of DVD/Blu-Rays. I enjoy a good road trip where I just get in the car with a camera and just drive.

Last edited:
SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED! I will be pairing people up and make sure I got everyone's addresses before I sent PMs to people with their selections and other information!

Matching is in progress and should be complete by the end of the day. I believe I have almost all the addresses (I was missing 10 yesterday and at least 5 have come in).

oooo I'm super excited. I bet matching is really fun!

LOL. I have a list of everyone, categorized by who is willing to ship internationally vs. not so I make sure to separate those out, match them up together (list randomizer) then go onto the ones who are willing to ship internationally :)

Once done, I make a Word table or Excel spreadsheet to make sure I don't miss anyone :)

Lol see that sounds fun to me, like putting together a puzzle. I'm a huge nerd though!

I'm a nerd too (see my avatar!) Mainly, it's double checking the list against the post #s (for people to verify I have them all correct) and then double checking to make sure everyone got matched up (giver vs. recipient) and to make sure I didn't forget to match anyone.

Lists should go out hopefully tonight (or tomorrow). So please keep your in-boxes clear. As soon as I send a PM, I will be deleting it from my sent items (too much stuff in the box). I will ask everyone to keep copies of their receipts (postage) and send me the DC #s (email preferred) so I can line them up in the table too.

I'm a nerd too (see my avatar!) Mainly, it's double checking the list against the post #s (for people to verify I have them all correct) and then double checking to make sure everyone got matched up (giver vs. recipient) and to make sure I didn't forget to match anyone.

Lists should go out hopefully tonight (or tomorrow). So please keep your in-boxes clear. As soon as I send a PM, I will be deleting it from my sent items (too much stuff in the box). I will ask everyone to keep copies of their receipts (postage) and send me the DC #s (email preferred) so I can line them up in the table too.

Sounds good to me! I'm so excited!

Back