• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

delete post plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
delete post plz
No we dont ban you for your opinons of us on other sites, however we also do not take lightly those who will make accusations veiled or obtuse and sit idly by while our hard work is ridiculed and in some cases laws are broken.

What laws are being broken?

Maybe false advertising on PinPics account saying the pins they are selling are "Exclusive"?

No laws are being broken about a new database being built, that's capitalism at its finest.

How about the grading shenanigans going on?

How about Pinpics taking other's work and claiming it as their own? Maybe those that submitted pics and information should ask PinPics to take down their work? Since you are now going to charge others to use the database?

Darryl this isn't directed at you, but I think you are working for some shady people. (This is my opinion).

As i have said before, the links between DPF site and PP site , are a matter between the owners of both sites, we are willing to sit and talk with the owners of DPF and we have extended the invitiation to discuss the terms of having them returned and are waiting for the Admin staff of DPF to conact us.

Why not ask DPF staff why they havent gotten back to us?

I would like to know how much the extortion price is for DPF to be able to use the links? Free advertising? No bashing pinpics? Cash?

What laws are being broken?

Maybe false advertising on PinPics account saying the pins they are selling are "Exclusive"?

No laws are being broken about a new database being built, that's capitalism at its finest.

How about the grading shenanigans going on?

How about Pinpics taking other's work and claiming it as their own? Maybe those that submitted pics and information should ask PinPics to take down their work? Since you are now going to charge others to use the database?

Darryl this isn't directed at you, but I think you are working for some shady people. (This is my opinion).

I understand that Darris, I also know you will understand that at the onset i wanted this thread to be about questions on the functionality of the site, as per norm it has devolved from being helpfull to opinions about the owners, this isnt what the thread was supposed to be about , if you have questions about the functionality about the site, I am happy to answer,,,,,,,

And as for the laws , i was referring to logos, which are copywritten and enforceable here in the US being defamed and the site allowing that, under most states stauates, that could be construde as an act of loss of commerece and liable, something that would/could wind up costing the individual and the site a whole lot, remember yes its THIS sites rules to be allowed to express your thoughts, but using someones else's legal property isnt this sites rules, the US attorney general has his own rules on that.

As per always as my elementary teacher taught us,'" Your rights extend until they encrouch on anothers ,that is where they end." Want to have an opinion thats fine, want to voice it again , go for it, want to break laws about copyrite and liable, well ...you see my point....

So what exactly do you pay for in premium services?

"Exclusive" pins? That's out of the question.

Grading and price checks? Basically going to ebay and checking the sold section and taking an average...

Safe Trading? According to the disclosure pinpics is not liable if you get screwed...

"PIN PICS IS INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND IS PROVIDED AS-IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PIN PICS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE, OR THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE."

I'm just curious as to what the incentive is?

The rest of the stuff such as blogs, photos, information, new releases, etc can be found on several groups on facebook and here at DPF... Also, I sense some hostility towards DPF which is causing pinpics to loose more business than gain some. I'm also curious as to what incentive people get to add pins to the database or if the information that was added before it became a privately owned business and they began to use for profit is either considered public information or will get compensation like royalties for being used.

2. Have a forum that is ran tighter than 1942 Germany. I mean I can't mention any other pin site or the Overlords will banish me? Also don't get me started about editing posts. That is the one thing that will make me want to groin kick whoever did it.

For anyone who started collecting after Dizpins closed, this restriction is a holdover from Dizpins. Before the rollout, PinTalk had been more lax about it. Now, that the site all the rebuilding is basically "live" now, I can see how the old rules are now in effect. But no links or discussion allowed, that was SOP for Dizpins. That went so far that even for the first day or so after Joette announced that Dizpins was going away, even then they maintained their rule of "no mentioning other pin sites or posting links to other pin sites," which is the thing that absolutely drove me nuts because it left the lurkers in the pin community with no place to go to. Eventually, they backed off that and allowed a locked post with a couple links in it.

There's been enough turnover in pins, that I'm not sure how many people even remember the joy people felt with the opening of DPF where they were freed from excessive moderation, not to be mean or snarky, but to just talk freely about other pin places and the more negative aspects of pin collecting without fear of being banned or deleted. This is the number one reason, IMO, why PinTalk never really grew as much as DPF did. People back then, knew that PinTalk mods were the remaining Dizpins people and so if given a choice between the "old ways" of Dizpins or the new way of DPF they chose the new way. And despite the rough periods DPF can go through, I think many people would still prefer it to excessive moderation.

Like in the area of prices and trades, I believe that hobbies like pins benefit from a cooperative game theory approach. "A rising tide lifts all boats." So the more all people get the pins they want, and the information they want, quickly, the better it is for all pin communities, because there is a higher level of satisfaction that leads to a growing hobby, which leads to elevated values for a broader selection of items. But Pinpics, much like Dizpins has chosen a different approach. It's an approach that I believe makes people frustrated and resentful, and speeds up a person's lifecycle in a particular hobby. So for example, if a person, under some circumstances would collect for 5 years, will get frustrated and give up after 3. If essentially telling people "take it or leave it" many people do just go with the "leave it." And it will be to the detriment of all Pin collectors and communities.

I also know you will understand that at the onset i wanted this thread to be about questions on the functionality of the site,

I'm still waiting for my questions in Post 26 to be answered. Two of the questions, were answered in other posts, but the remaining questions were never answered. My "additional questions" were answered, but not post 26.

first off, just the middle man in Fl?, not gonna dignifiy that with a comment, Do you expect the Pres of Pepsico to speak to questions by you or his rep? thats who I am, I have been to Cali, I have seen the plan and I have read more emails than I care to think about ,your assumption that I am a non entity in this is not only erroneous but also shows your arrogance at the real situation.
As a matter of fact I bought one of the pins for my wife so yes I do know what they are, and since we didnt increase the price to our customers over thier initial offering your inference that we are making a killing continues to show your ignorance. Yes i do know how much we paid, but I dont see what that has to do with anything.
No we dont ban you for your opinons of us on other sites, however we also do not take lightly those who will make accusations veiled or obtuse and sit idly by while our hard work is ridiculed and in some cases laws are broken.

Let me start with this for the record. I like Lucan and he was the first guy I ever traded with. He could have sharked me and didn't. He is a good guy.

Now.. No the prez of Pepsi co will not talk to me on a web site. But they were never a free site that got taken over and now have had a long time to talk, but said nothing up till now when we have a middle man doing the talking. I mean no disrespect. Middle man or perz keeper as they call them on tv. Also if you are a rep or the main man for a prez (since u used that ex) you are in the mix of everything and flown around to stay up on stuff. I bet my life that pepsi would never just send some emails and have the new guy be the only goto PR guy. My point was that there seems to b some smoke around all this info. I know you are a good guy so part of me is scared that you are being used a little agents us (dpf). I hope to god I am wrong and that its just some big mix up. Looks odd for a once free company to be all about money now and finds a older member to help it seem ok. if anything. to me it all looks more shady. Also I was not happy with the e-mail to sell me pins also. Especially if its going to miss lead me into thinking PinPics has some new pin deal and will have a long line of exclusive pins. Not even true. Just more junk mail. If I want to buy stuff I will find it. Don't need a ad sent to me, but thank you. And thank you for your response although it was like what I would expect from the BHO team. more smoke and mirrors. Sorry everyone else. I will leave this alone for a while. I am sure we will not get the truth for sum time, no matter how you ask or word your questions.

oh and its cool you bought a pin for your wife. I was wondering if you got to see all 250 that were offered in to a e-mail to all of us. I also asked if you knew the price that was paid. You said yes. So eather you were there or you were part of the deal. Oh or you are on the accounting team also and they have open books so you get to see. I know no one would put them self on the line for others. well unless the money is good. I don't care how many emails I read for work. I still have to make trips and see things first hand. We live in a world were lots of things are not as they seem and many people can and will fake stuff and lie. My hope is that some day things will b more clear.

Last edited:
Please do not paint the DPF admin's as the bad guys regarding the loss of links....

4 minute, 4 hours, 4 weeks, or 4 months later doesn't matter. The point is the links are removed because pinpics does not want ANY other forum to be able to link to their site. The links are disabled because Pinpics asked for them to be. I was given the impression from pinpics representatives that they really do not want any other forum to be able to link to the site, for any reason.

I truely think this is because they want to force folks to return to pintalk... But people do not want to return to pintalk because it is to heavily censored. Why would folks go back to a forum site that does not allow ANY mention of other communities? It is not beneficial to the pin trading/collecting hobby to force such a separation. It really does feel like Pinpics is trying to drive a wedge in the pin community.... *Just an FYI, i understand why both DPF and PT do not allow ebay links, thats a different matter entirely and I do not want you to confuse things by comparing that.*

My understanding is that Cicada, one of our Admin's HAS sent messages asking about re-instating the links. If pinpics wants a face to face meetup, that is fine, but why is that needed? Why not just a few good open communicative emails back and forth to establish the boundaries?

If DPF cannot put links to members trades and wants, what is next? Removing our ability to add a link to a pin we like, offer for trade via PM, or want to show off because we just got it?

On a different note: How long will the old site remain active? I know it is supposed to eventually be shut down. How long do us stubborn mules who hate any change have until it is gone?

As i have said before, the links between DPF site and PP site , are a matter between the owners of both sites, we are willing to sit and talk with the owners of DPF and we have extended the invitiation to discuss the terms of having them returned and are waiting for the Admin staff of DPF to conact us.

Why not ask DPF staff why they havent gotten back to us?

It took about 3 weeks for a response from PP regarding getting the links back after our initial e-mail. fine, no big deal -- understandably, people are busy.

A meeting was supposed to be set for early-mid November, but it has not yet been set.

I'm really not sure what there is to discuss in-person that can't just be handled via e-mail.

They're links to _your_ website, so really, it only benefits PinPics by having them here on an active forum.

I'm most worried about some sort of licensing fee or yielding control to pinpics/pintalk of certain aspects of this forum, which i'm fairly sure is what's planned (why else would there need to be a "business meeting"?) which we aren't willing to do, due to lack of resources, and the fact that one of the principals we established this forum on is being more open to discussion without such a heavy hand on censorship and arbitrary moderation of posts.

Darris, why not ask the staff here, they havent responded to even find out, so again ask here not us!!!!
Again, I don't know what there is to discuss.

We won't yield control of the site or censor opinion unless it gets really out of hand.

We don't have cash to pay any sort of licensing fee for allowing the use of pinpics links.

DPF has gathered a lot of new pin traders over the last few years, some of which may not have known about dizpins and pinpics beforehand. The only thing we can offer is driving traffic to the database.

it really _is_ that simple. I don't see why things have to be overcomplicated.

Just as well, it's a bit self-contradictory when they ask that the links be removed so as to not confuse new traders in making them think DPF and PinPics/PinTalk are related, and then mention that we can discuss to have the links again.

that...makes absolutely no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back