• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

delete post plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea the "old" links still worked. They didn't work at all for some time, so they were left alone, because...well, they didn't work.

In any case, we have been advised by pinpics to remove any trade/want links in a PM to the admins back in August.

I had been extremely busy until recently, and am finally following through with those orders.

I don't understand what right Pinpics has to request DPF not to link to allow linking. I don't understand why DPF would oblige. Can someone shed some light on this? Also, now that PInPics is a business, I think they would "want" the links. It's free advertising.

I had no idea the "old" links still worked. They didn't work at all for some time, so they were left alone, because...well, they didn't work.

In any case, we have been advised by pinpics to remove any trade/want links in a PM to the admins back in August.

I had been extremely busy until recently, and am finally following through with those orders.

Little history since you have been so busy.

The links stopped working, turmoil and deaths were reported.

The links started working again and the masses were happy (until the next big pin release)

Now the links are gone since 4 months later you "Finally" got around to responding to their request? More deaths and moaning are on the way.

Little history since you have been so busy.

The links stopped working, turmoil and deaths were reported.

The links started working again and the masses were happy (until the next big pin release)

Now the links are gone since 4 months later you "Finally" got around to responding to their request? More deaths and moaning are on the way.

I'd imagine they'd be more angry (they, meaning pinpics) if they actually worked and we kept them up anyway.

Why?? :( Lucan, can you give us an explanation, please?

The explanation to us was that they do not want new traders to be confused and think that DPF and PinPics/PinTalk were affiliated.

They mentioned that they realize that the two sites are different and while they aren't "trying to say that one site is better than the other, but the differences are many".

The explanation to us was that they do not want new traders to be confused and think that DPF and PinPics/PinTalk were affiliated.

They mentioned that they realize that the two sites are different and while they aren't "trying to say that one site is better than the other, but the differences are many".

Hmmmm......I don't tend to get heated all too often but I have to say that this ticks me off a little. DPF removed the links because Pimpics *asked* to have them removed? I think DPF owes it to their members to say no. This is a feature we as members want and DPF should provide. They asked because a) they can't legally force DPF to remove and b) they want their forum to have edge whether big or small. They are a business now. They need people on their site in order to make money.

Last edited:
Hmmmm......I don't tend to get heated all too often but I have to say that this ticks me off a little. DPF removed the links because Pimpics *asked* to have them removed? I think DPF owes it to their members to say no. This is a feature we as members want and DPF should provide. They asked because a) they can't legally force DPF to remove and b) they want their forum to have edge whether big or small. They are a business now. They need people on their site in order to make money.

Actuall we can "legally " have them removed, we asked rather than be forcefull. We own the domain and as such can decide who or what maintains permanent updated and extended search links to our site,<kinda like you can legally have someone you invited removed from your property if they become hostile.> please do not make this mistake,,,

Answers as promised,,,,,,

ok
a> we asked to have them turned off and it took Cicada almost 4 months to comply. In the meantime we also asked to meet with DPF to get them reestablished<we tried>
B>we turned them back on to fix our server issues, and lo and behold things were hunkey dorey,,,,,,
C>they are taken off agan, and we are the bad guys how?

I don't see exactly HOW a new trader can get the two sites confused or even remotely think that the pinTalk and DPF sites are affiliated? Yes we use their site (beacause it's the ONLY one) but there are no references that I have found anywhere that would "confuse" someone.

Would it be a possibility to put next to the links (just so the new people don't get confused) that DPF is NOT affiliated with Pinpics or PinTalk like a little disclaimer or something?

Also............ while they aren't "trying to say that one site is better than the other,but the differences are many"

They are doing JUST THAT by even saying something like that and basically saying....if you wish to use our links and compare trades/wants with a single click the way you used to do, you have to get an account on PinTalk. Now this may not have been their intention but it is sure as heck coming across that way (well at least to me it is). It seems more and more that they are trying to promote their forum by taking away some of the things they used to allow us to do. Who is to say that they make it so that we can't even list Pinpics #'s in our siggy's, auctions or trades in the future to avoid "confusion".

I would really like to hear the current PinPics position on this, since this is something from a few months ago.

ok
a> we asked to have them turned off and it took Cicada almost 4 months to comply. In the meantime we also asked to meet with DPF to get them reestablished<we tried>
B>we turned them back on to fix our server issues, and lo and behold things were hunkey dorey,,,,,,

youre the bad guy cause you asked for them to be taken off in the first place. come on, Lucan, say its okay for us to have the links again. we'll love you for it.

ok

Lucan... I know your just repeating what you are being told. I am not frustrated with you. However i do want to ask a couple important questions here, and it may seem like i am mad....

1: Pinpics has a FREE non-pay membership. why shouldnt the non-paying members be able to link their wants and trades here on DPF? Why not? And please, don't tell me it is because you dont want to confuse people. DPF is very obviously not Pinpics and pinpics is very obviously not DPF. It would be in Pinpics best interest to allow links, as it will drive more people to their site in the long run.

2: You asked why you look like the bad guys.... Well, to be honest, by not allowing mention of DPF (or other forum sites?) at ALL on pintalk, or allowing links from here to pinpics trade/wants, you are making it look like you hate DPF. It looks like you are trying to force people away from DPF, the largest disney pin forum around. Why do this when it makes it look like you, pinpics, are forcing an "us VS them" mentality? It doesnt make DPF look bad, it makes pinpics look like it doesnt play well with others. And again, in the long run it will hurt pinpics, not DPF.

Please understand that I like the pinpics staff and owners, they are all wonderful people whom I consider friends, but these choices being made are harmful to the pin community. And the pin community is what I care about most in this situation.

I guess pinpics doesn't like web traffic.

Let's see

1. Alienate a large group of people that can drive traffic to their website.

2. Have a forum that is ran tighter than 1942 Germany. I mean I can't mention any other pin site or the Overlords will banish me? Also don't get me started about editing posts. That is the one thing that will make me want to groin kick whoever did it.

3. Also alienate people who have contributed pin info to a database that they have to pay or jump through hoops to use. You mean I have to pay or I just see blurry pictures?

4. Pushing a grading system that seems to favor them? Who died and made Pinpics the Gods of pin grading?

5. Having a forum and chat that sucks so bad I would have more fun posting on a knitting forum. (Ok, this is more my beef).

6. Selling "exclusive" pins that aren't exclusive. That really makes me want to do business with Pinpics, let's stretch the truth to make it look like we are doing something good for the community.

Oh and most of all QUIT BEING SO SHADY

I'm still getting white/blank screens when replying to TAs. Is anyone else?

Heck, I can't even get an answer on this one. And I'm STILL getting the white/blank screen, when replying to TAs, via the new site's internal system. I'm wondering if the paying side is having this problem?
Perhaps it's just me...hmmmmm.....

Then, traders complain that no one answers their TA...well, I can tell them from the freebie side, it's because pinpics isn't too worried about fixing the white/blank screen issue. Again, maybe it's just me.

I have a few ?????s 1st off. I have not been here the past few months and did not read all the other ??s so sorry if I repeat.

#1) WHY??? WHY ??? is the go to guy for info ... just a middle man that's in FL and the owner and guys that are running the show are here in Cali not talking???

#2a) how much do you real know or see or is all the info you give us just what you have been told by someone? ( feels like you are just telling us what you are told and parts sound like strait BS.) I expect that from the bosses but not from a trusted member of this site.

#2b) Did they fly you out here and go over everything with you? Show you the biz plan and all that good stuff??

#2c) ex: you tell us that there are 250 pins in cali and that they cool and a good deal. Have you seen the pins or do you know what your boss bought them for. (may only b a good deal for PINPICS)

#3) this one is for anyone... Can you think of any other free sites that help hobbies?

:nono: I need something to buy and than use as a way to make money. That's a better buy than a mailing list of names or e-mails of people that may or may not like what I have for sale. But if you get a free site you know you have the fans of that hobby also. wow. So charge them for what was once free and than sell them stuff also. what a nice biz plan. :facepalm:

PS. I hope I do not get in trouble and kick off what's left of a great free site. It would suck to see that what people say about a black list is true.

thank you for the info. :wavey:

Last edited:
youre the bad guy cause you asked for them to be taken off in the first place. come on, Lucan, say its okay for us to have the links again. we'll love you for it.

Ya know you dont love me no matter what i do so thats not here or there, the fact is this isnt my call, its the admins for both sites, they can make this happen or not.

I have a few ?????s 1st off. I have not been here the past few months and did not read all the other ??s so sorry if I repeat.

#1) WHY??? WHY ??? is the go to guy for info ... just a middle man that's in FL and the owner and guys that are running the show are here in Cali not talking???

#2a) how much do you real know or see or is all the info you give us just what you have been told by someone? ( feels like you are just telling us what you are told and parts sound like strait BS.) I expect that from the bosses but not from a trusted member of this site.

#2b) Did they fly you out here and go over everything with you? Show you the biz plan and all that good stuff??

#2c) ex: you tell us that there are 250 pins in cali and that they cool and a good deal. Have you seen the pins or do you know what your boss bought them for. (may only b a good deal for PINPICS)

#3) this one is for anyone... Can you think of any other free sites that help hobbies?

:nono: I need something to buy and than use as a way to make money. That's a better buy than a mailing list of names or e-mails of people that may or may not like what I have for sale. But if you get a free site you know you have the fans of that hobby also. wow. So charge them for what was once free and than sell them stuff also. what a nice biz plan. :facepalm:

PS. I hope I do not get in trouble and kick off what's left of a great free site. It would suck to see that what people say about a black list is true.

thank you for the info. :wavey:

first off, just the middle man in Fl?, not gonna dignifiy that with a comment, Do you expect the Pres of Pepsico to speak to questions by you or his rep? thats who I am, I have been to Cali, I have seen the plan and I have read more emails than I care to think about ,your assumption that I am a non entity in this is not only erroneous but also shows your arrogance at the real situation.
As a matter of fact I bought one of the pins for my wife so yes I do know what they are, and since we didnt increase the price to our customers over thier initial offering your inference that we are making a killing continues to show your ignorance. Yes i do know how much we paid, but I dont see what that has to do with anything.
No we dont ban you for your opinons of us on other sites, however we also do not take lightly those who will make accusations veiled or obtuse and sit idly by while our hard work is ridiculed and in some cases laws are broken.

Lucan... I know your just repeating what you are being told. I am not frustrated with you. However i do want to ask a couple important questions here, and it may seem like i am mad....

1: Pinpics has a FREE non-pay membership. why shouldnt the non-paying members be able to link their wants and trades here on DPF? Why not? And please, don't tell me it is because you dont want to confuse people. DPF is very obviously not Pinpics and pinpics is very obviously not DPF. It would be in Pinpics best interest to allow links, as it will drive more people to their site in the long run.

2: You asked why you look like the bad guys.... Well, to be honest, by not allowing mention of DPF (or other forum sites?) at ALL on pintalk, or allowing links from here to pinpics trade/wants, you are making it look like you hate DPF. It looks like you are trying to force people away from DPF, the largest disney pin forum around. Why do this when it makes it look like you, pinpics, are forcing an "us VS them" mentality? It doesnt make DPF look bad, it makes pinpics look like it doesnt play well with others. And again, in the long run it will hurt pinpics, not DPF.

Please understand that I like the pinpics staff and owners, they are all wonderful people whom I consider friends, but these choices being made are harmful to the pin community. And the pin community is what I care about most in this situation.

Pixie not ignoring you,,, I will post a reply to this shortly,,,, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Heck, I can't even get an answer on this one. And I'm STILL getting the white/blank screen, when replying to TAs, via the new site's internal system. I'm wondering if the paying side is having this problem?
Perhaps it's just me...hmmmmm.....

Yeah, I'm still getting the blank screens, both when trying to send and trying to reply to trade requests on the new site. It seems to be random whether it will happen or not-- not tied to any specific pin or user-- and it seems to be happening about 50% of the time.

Lucan, people have definitely been reporting this bug via the site's contact link and via info@pinpics.com. Is it possible for you to check with whatever techs are working on it, and get answers to a) whether they really are working on that problem at the moment, and b) whether they have any kind of ETA for it yet?

Thanks.

As i have said before, the links between DPF site and PP site , are a matter between the owners of both sites, we are willing to sit and talk with the owners of DPF and we have extended the invitiation to discuss the terms of having them returned and are waiting for the Admin staff of DPF to conact us.

Why not ask DPF staff why they havent gotten back to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back