• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

delete post plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
delete post plz
Hi D!! Is there anyway to see the "Newly added" pins, al la the "old" site, other than the scrolling image bar on the "new" site. It is much too slow and the old site presented the new stuff much better in tablular layout.

Mike S.
Figment919

Just click on Gallery from the main navigation bar and then view all pins. The pins are automatically defaulted to displayed in "Newest" first order. If you want something more tabular than the pictures, click the little image View choices, like we're familiar with from the old site, on the right.

Last edited:
there should be a way to directly click on links from a trade request to the pins being requested and offered! instead of having to go back and search the pins. Just a thought! Thanks

there should be a way to directly click on links from a trade request to the pins being requested and offered! instead of having to go back and search the pins. Just a thought! Thanks

We are trying to get a way to have the TA either list Pins in responses<ie when tradee responds back to you,> now if that can be hyperlinked with each pm, im will be honest is way beyond my teck level..Remember unlike the old PP email notices will not be sent, this is all via in-site pm, so direct links maybe not, hover over pics may be doable, we can check?
This will acommplish what you were after by giving a quick visual representation, so you could say,"oh yes sure" or wait, let me look that one up closer, i think thats an LE 250 you want for that HM,i will have to politely decline.

HI Lucan444 (Daryl), now I'm getting the "white screen" when I try to ask a question via "contact us". I AM logged in. It lets me "try" to set up TA's it say's I've got messages to go to 4 people, and when i hit send, the messages supposedly go out. BUT when I look at my "trade requests" it is still at ZERO :-( Now with the white screen w my questions, I feel like I'm totally not able to use the new site...sigh. don't want to upgrade until I can get it to work properly...
THOUGHTS pls. Thank you

BUT when I look at my "trade requests" it is still at ZERO :-(

"Trade Requests" doesn't refer to what you've sent out. It's how many you have received. If you've sent some out, in theory, the people you sent to will now have a number next to their "Trade Requests". They're different than Inbox messages. Those are the messages you receive if someone has chosen to contact you via the "Send Message" button under the username profile in the left column. At least, that's how I understand it to be, based on the messages I've received for both.

Ok I am still using the old site but eventually it will become necessary to use the new one...2 questions...and understand I am VERY PC stupid

1. Do I need to re register or will my old membership carry over?

2. Do I have to go back in and redo all my inventory... Collection/ tradeables/ wants?

Ok I am still using the old site but eventually it will become necessary to use the new one...2 questions...and understand I am VERY PC stupid

1. Do I need to re register or will my old membership carry over?

2. Do I have to go back in and redo all my inventory... Collection/ tradeables/ wants?

A>not at all your entire catalog should transfer from one to another easy peasy , excpet for page number of pins displayed and initial interface

A> I am a great user but not a teckie myslef,i do sympathize and support you!!!

A> nope not at all!!! your old membership and your old screename will carry over.

HI Lucan444 (Daryl), now I'm getting the "white screen" when I try to ask a question via "contact us". I AM logged in. It lets me "try" to set up TA's it say's I've got messages to go to 4 people, and when i hit send, the messages supposedly go out. BUT when I look at my "trade requests" it is still at ZERO :-( Now with the white screen w my questions, I feel like I'm totally not able to use the new site...sigh. don't want to upgrade until I can get it to work properly...
THOUGHTS pls. Thank you

Private email sent ----

thank you...Hopemax
no one has responded to what I think were reasonable TA's sigh.

Suzanneb, Please don't think that's because you made unreasonable requests. I just went to my PP account today, and ACCIDENTALLY clicked the Trade Requests link (where the number showed 0) only to find I have two requests!

I sent follow-up messages (using the "Answer" button) but since _I_ never know when I have mail, and I have to go look every time I log in, now... I am guessing others just haven't discovered your requests or messages.

I sure hope the technical wizardry gets the ion flux capacitor reload, and PP gets back on track! I am kind of jealous, though... I am so new to pin trading I don't know what I am missing from the old site... ;-)

Edit: Oh, by the way... I do LOVE the links for users' pins are working again, but there is something horribly wrong... When I click on Matches to Lucan444's trades, I get a message - Lucan444 has 0 trades norlando319 wants! That's NOT true! I want several of the pins Lucan444 has for trade - I just haven't added them to my "Wants" list in the DB... :lol:

The TRUTH is, Lucan444 has no pins on norlando319's WANT LIST!

Hey - is there any way to do a SQL update and set wants="Y" where own="N" and user="norlando319"? :lol:

Last edited:
I forgot to ask this in my last round of questions.

I received a request, via the new site, before I started getting the white screen on replies, from someone that I later found out was a minor. They were 17 yrs old. I asked if they had their parents permission to trade on line and they didn't/wouldn't say, so I told them why I had to decline since transactions of any kind with minors are against the law.

Will pinpics try to limit minors using the TA?

I forgot to ask this in my last round of questions.

I received a request, via the new site, before I started getting the white screen on replies, from someone that I later found out was a minor. They were 17 yrs old. I asked if they had their parents permission to trade on line and they didn't/wouldn't say, so I told them why I had to decline since transactions of any kind with minors are against the law.

Will pinpics try to limit minors using the TA?

First off I am curious, what law in what state? Since these transactions are trades and not money or service orientated I am unaware of a law that prohibits minors from being involved, if one does exsist please clarify so that we may make any appropriate measures to stay in compliance with such legal statuates.
As for right now there is no way to prove or dissprove that any members are minors or legal age adults. Sign up is solely on a email registration, and we all know that age verification via the web is doubtful at best, so I am not sure how we would do this? Do you have any suggestions?
I will bring this to our staff, but am exceedingly curious to find the exact wording of any regulations, albeit non cash/services transactions, that prohibits anyone under 18 from trading.
Please help by sending any info you can on this situation. Thank you!

First off I am curious, what law in what state? Since these transactions are trades and not money or service orientated I am unaware of a law that prohibits minors from being involved, if one does exsist please clarify so that we may make any appropriate measures to stay in compliance with such legal statuates.
As for right now there is no way to prove or dissprove that any members are minors or legal age adults. Sign up is solely on a email registration, and we all know that age verification via the web is doubtful at best, so I am not sure how we would do this? Do you have any suggestions?
I will bring this to our staff, but am exceedingly curious to find the exact wording of any regulations, albeit non cash/services transactions, that prohibits anyone under 18 from trading.
Please help by sending any info you can on this situation. Thank you!

I was under the assumption ANY transaction with a minor is not bindable (if that's the correct word). Which means they can back out at any time for any reason, even after a trade is made. Perhaps when I said against the law, that was a bit harsh, but kids can back out of ANY transaction for any reason, at any time. Which is why I won't trade with them on line. In person, with their parents present, maybe.

I don't believe there is a 'law' that prohibits them from trading, as we've seen for years, but they can come back, at any time, and un-trade, since one can not make a binding contract with a minor. While there is no $ being exchanged, there is consideration, each pin has 'value'.

Nope, no suggestions on how you would obstruct the minors from signing up, other than the birth date thing, but if a trade was made thru pinpics, with a minor, the site could be held liable for being the catalyst for the trade. IF, things got really ugly (say a huge $$ trade) pinpics might be drug into it. A 1 for 1 trade I highly doubt would even be mentioned.

It was just a thought since I ran into that situation, on line, thru pinpics, recently. Plus, most kids are irresponsible and I doubt many parents monitor the computer habits of a 17 yr old. Not saying every teen is irresponsible, but many are, as are adults, as we've all seen. This was just a new situation for me on line (after 12 years of on line trading thru the old pinpics) and thought maybe I'd bring it to pinpics attention. Guess time will tell what will happen down the line.

Last edited:
I was under the assumption ANY transaction with a minor is not bindable (if that's the correct word). Which means they can back out at any time for any reason, even after a trade is made. Perhaps when I said against the law, that was a bit harsh, but kids can back out of ANY transaction for any reason, at any time. Which is why I won't trade with them on line. In person, with their parents present, maybe.

NOT MEANT TO BE LEGAL ADVICE: This is typically correct. A contract with a minor (except for essentials like room & board [so a place to live and food]) is voidable by the minor at any time up until he/she reaches the age of majority (and even a few months thereafter.)

No, I am not asking about a mobile app. I am asking if there is testing to make sure the new site is viewable from a browser on a mobile device. I use an iPhone, so that uses Safari, and when I go to Pinpics.com and try to do the same things I can do via the browser on my laptop, IT DOES NOT WORK. When you log in, then you can't see the links for Login, Inbox, My Pins etc because it displays as white text on a white background (the header color fails to expand all the way across the page). If you try to search for members it does not return results. There is no way for me to look up pins belonging to lucan444 or any other user.

That is question 3. Question 2 you did not answer at all (or my first post of questions). This is referring to the edit function that is currently accessible via the My Pinpics page. The second link under "You May" in particular. Absolutely nothing to do with groups.

Hope,
I apologize for the missing of this question, just flooded is my only excuse, but to address it now, As far as I know the functions you refer to on the old site will most likely not be restored unless user demand is greatly increased.. I am sorry but this function was not considered a high priority at present.
As for the mobile device use, I am sure it will be corrected, at this point we are trying hard to correct the website in general and only have so many hrs of tech to do each day.

NOT MEANT TO BE LEGAL ADVICE: This is typically correct. A contract with a minor (except for essentials like room & board [so a place to live and food]) is voidable by the minor at any time up until he/she reaches the age of majority (and even a few months thereafter.)

While I agree that it may be a statuate that minors are permitted to withdraw from binding contractual obligations, it does not mean they are not allowed, or it is illeagel to participate in them.
To trade with a minor might warrant any number of special circumstances, but it has been proven here and on PP as well as trading tables around the world that the youth are the future of our hobby.
As for PP liablity , we specifically assume no liabilty by members whom use our site to set up trades. The actual acceptance and mail transactions is not our responsibility, much like you cannot sue Facebook if the person you decide to date from a chatroom turns out to be a psycho<and not the good kind like our Pixie.> We provide a means for members to communicate about their pins , we in no way are responsible for the actions of those members. We will do everthing up to and including banning individuals whom violate our site policy by not sending pins, but responsiblity rest with the traders themselves to protect themselves.
Personally I wouldnt trade with anyone for a high ticket trade without references I felt sure about, insurance and of course a written confirmation from the trader, you are of course well within your right to refuse to trade with anyone for any reason<it is your pin !!>
I would , unless large dollar amount involved, not fear the younger traders, Caution is best with everyone, regardless of age instead look for a way to make the trade so that all are happy, use a third source mediator, ask to contact parent, or be prepared to feel nervous as you never know how old someone on the web really is unless you know them in person......<I could be 25 and built like Dwayne Johnson, Im not but I could be!!>

While I agree that it may be a statuate that minors are permitted to withdraw from binding contractual obligations, it does not mean they are not allowed, or it is illeagel to participate in them.>

Correct, my statement was about trading with minors (with their own pinpic acct) on pinpics only. Not anywhere else. While I should not have used the term illegal, there are ramifications when trading/dealing with a minor, anywhere. The likelihood of that happening is pretty remote, but it can happen.

It just surprised me that the person admitted they were a minor, as I didn't think pinpics allowed minors to be trading on their site. I stand corrected and will be even more cautious in the future when trading on the site.

Thank you.

I get white screens for when I try to "contact" New PP. Haven't gotten any TAs recently to reply to :( :(

I get white screens for when I try to "contact" New PP. Haven't gotten any TAs recently to reply to :( :(

yes we have our IRONY in lg economy buckets,, our contact us button doesnt work? We know the pain....However we are working feverishily to fix it, IN the meantime if you have a question you have several options

A>post it here
B>post it on the PP board
C>send me a pm and i will see if I can help.

Contact for Pinpics sales questions is Payment@Pinpics.com
" " Premium service questions is Premiumservices@Pinpics.com
" " Data base questions is Info@Pinpics.com

I see the Pin Pics links below our names is gone again. Now I can click on a name and I get of list of pins that I have no idea if they are a collection, for trade, or wants.

Who's fault is it this time? DPF for not following orders? Pin Pics for getting their panties in a wad, AGAIN!

Freaking 3rd grade ran sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back