• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Europe November 21st 2013: Little Mermaid box set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to get an extra set of this. If I do, I will probably set it up as trade auction, and if some of you want to do a co-op that would obviously be fine as well :) Cannot promise anything yet though ;)

Considering they said that there will be a new princess pin every week, I'm assuming we'll get some decent princess pins in the near future. I'd only be interested in Frozen, LM (which is here), or Sleeping Beauty ^_^ Tangled of course...but that's for friends/trade, not myself like the others :D

LOLOL well with Aladdin, Little Mermaid joining Cinderella and BATB then we could see more princess sets since we have another 4 weeks of unknown releases

Ahhhh no, I don't want any more sets right now... just regular pin releases. Sets are expensive... especially one after the other; or even every other week.

And more Princesses? How about something else for a change? :lol:

Ahhhh no, I don't want any more sets right now... just regular pin releases. Sets are expensive... especially one after the other; or even every other week.

And more Princesses? How about something else for a change? :lol:

I agree with you but I'm still secretly praying for a new tangled, brave, frozen, WIR or SB set! Ha! I love trying to get my hands on these things! It's a fun game :). You guys are getting some great traders! :). Yay uk!

I agree with you but I'm still secretly praying for a new tangled, brave, frozen, WIR or SB set! Ha! I love trying to get my hands on these things! It's a fun game :). You guys are getting some great traders! :). Yay uk!

Oh I wouldn't mind a WIR set! More of a chance there would be a new King Candy pin... or even a Turbo pin! I'd have to buy that... :lol:

I see the banner has changed once again! It now specifies under the Frozen pin that it is one per person, one per household, whilst the Little Mermaid set is back to normal 2 per person, 4 per household. Good on Disney for reducing the limit for the Frozen one, hopefully that will mean some of the people on here will have more of a chance of getting it. I know it's a bit annoying as it means you can't get a second to trade, but just think - those money-grabbing ebayers will only have one to sell each, and their profits will likely be half what they normally make out of high profile releases. Mwahaha. That amuses me.

I agree with you, Emma, the sets are getting tiresome. So much money to spend in one go! I'm also sad to see they aren't releasing an Oliver and Company related pin despite its 25th anniversary being on the 18th. Boo.

I agree with you, Emma, the sets are getting tiresome. So much money to spend in one go! I'm also sad to see they aren't releasing an Oliver and Company related pin despite its 25th anniversary being on the 18th. Boo.

Glad somebody agrees. :lol: And the fact they're not releasing a Oliver and Company pin doesn't surprise me, they didn't even have a Halloween pin. Seems they're not making pins for holidays and anniversaries. Though I'm sure there will be a Christmas themed pin.

WiR does have a princess ;) So hope is not all lost :lol:

Yeah, but I don't consider WIR a Princess movie. :lol:

Disney never hit the mark for releases they released that surprise Valentines pin a week after valentines day (when they were in store) so missed the mark there, same for Frankenweenie etc think the only reason were getting frozen early before the film is out is due to shared release.

Im still waiting on the 2nd pin to join the Tiana and Charlotte pin they released ages ago as the description said 1 of 2.... yet to release the 2nd one XD

Disney never hit the mark for releases they released that surprise Valentines pin a week after valentines day (when they were in store) so missed the mark there, same for Frankenweenie etc think the only reason were getting frozen early before the film is out is due to shared release.

Im still waiting on the 2nd pin to join the Tiana and Charlotte pin they released ages ago as the description said 1 of 2.... yet to release the 2nd one XD

I think the WIR pin they released was also before the UK release of the movie.

And that doesn't bode well for the villains sidekicks pins... I bet they've stopped the series.

I wonder how much these are going to sell for after the release, I know the D23 jumbo's went for crazy money. Hopefully not too much. I'd have some v disappointed sisters if so and I weren't able to get any.

The Art of Ariel jumbo pin, in my opinion, is more desirable. At least to me it is. I really want one. The set is pretty nice too, but I think the jumbo pin had something really special about it that the set doesn't quite have.

Last edited:
I wonder how much these are going to sell for after the release, I know the D23 jumbo's went for crazy money. Hopefully not too much. I'd have some v disappointed sisters if so and I weren't able to get any.

I think that will be up in the air. Largely, while the set is beautiful together and a really limited in size, the pins in the set just aren't ALL that nice. There are a few instant winners in the bunch (the Ariel ones) that will skyrocket to stardom, but given 3 out of the 5 pins aren't all that wanted, I think that will most definitely hold the set back. Considering the set retails around $110, I could see it selling for $200 realistically, but probably not more than that.

The D23 Art of Ariel pin was a single pin and is easily one of the nicest Ariel pins to come out as of recent after both Disney Auctions and DisneyShopping.com stopped releasing pins so I don't think this set will even compare to that pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back