• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Q&A sessions with LANSAM and PinPics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q&A sessions with LANSAM and PinPics
This is how I read it:

Questions will be collected until Sunday
On Tuesday, a thread will be posted with answers to those questions
Tuesday evening will be a chat for further discussion and questions

PMs aren't going to be answered directly, such as I ask a question and they respond only to me.

I don't see a problem with this setup. And it's actually preferable that the questions will be answered via posts on Pin Talk because then there is an archive, pages can be saved offline. Chat records, depending on what they use, can sometimes be harder to be recorded and shareable later.

I think people might be concerned that not all questions will be answered, and the types of questions not answered will certainly come out in the aftermath.

Weee! So exciting! I don't know if I'll be able to be there for the chat but can't wait to see the new site reveal and hear the answers for all the good questions everyone will be asking :hsd:

Has this question been asked?

There are some pins that have 0 traders and no real history. Do they even exist? I guess Own would cover that. There are 3 Figaro pins no one has ever seen or any of the serious cat collectors ever saw. I cannot confirm their existence even on the auction site that shall not be named.

Candy, (or Paula) You can say Ebay it's not a bad place, we all have had to resort to it at times to get things we want and there are honest people that sell there. I've sold pins on Ebay and to my knowledge never sold anything I did not buy in a Disney park.

Who are the members of LANSAM?
ASKED AND ANSWERED TWICE ON PINTALK ALREADY

broncobilly83, perhaps you can help me out and point out where this has been answered. I have looked through all the posts and can not find this information anywhere. All I have seem them mention is Anthony, Samantha and recently Lenny Schas once it was made public on this board. I can not find anywhere where they said that these are the only members of Lansam.

thats great of them to post a Q&A as shows they will answer questions.

It is a step in the right direction. I wish they had a thread where only questions could be posted and they allowed no discussion. Questions and answers are great. However, I feel the bigger issue is what questions they are avoiding. I would love to see what questions are asked and what are answered and which ones they pretend they never got. I am working on a list of questions that I will be submitting and I will be posting them once I am done so there is at least a partial record of questions asked.

Candy, (or Paula) You can say Ebay it's not a bad place, we all have had to resort to it at times to get things we want and there are honest people that sell there. I've sold pins on Ebay and to my knowledge never sold anything I did not buy in a Disney park.

I know this is off topic but this is a pet peeve of mine. Pretending that eBay is such a horrible place. As a buyer, you have more protections for you against fake pins buying off eBay and using PayPal than you do say buying off these boards and using PayPal. Sorry for going off topic.

I would think that if you asked a question and it was not answered that you could ask again at the chat or
post it in the thread where the answers to the questions are posted.

broncobilly83, I think we haven't really given Tiggernut a fair shake here, myself included. I agree it seems to be over the top at times, but I think there's a need to read between the lines as to why the question of who someone is, is so important. I know she's been in the collecting game longer than almost everyone here, so it may be they actually know who the person is but what the rest of us to know too...With Sam and Anthony being newish to the hobby, I wonder if they know all the funky history of this crazy hobby, lol. This is my own take on the matter, no critism intended.
I think the Q & A session is a great idea and I hope it is constructive

I think that might be pretty hard to do in a live chat. ;) Hope you can make it!

The live chat is the second and in my mind less important part of this 2 part "event". The main part is taking questions via Private Messages only (and I see where they asked a member not to have the question public) and they will compile them and respond to some of them. If there is a public record of the questions asked, everyone can see which questions they are avoiding. That is why I feel they are only taking questions via Private Message. It is a step in the right direction but we shall see if this really does answer any of the serious questions being asked now or if this is just a stunt to make it look like they are being open.

There are some pins that have 0 traders and no real history. Do they even exist? I guess Own would cover that. There are 3 Figaro pins no one has ever seen or any of the serious cat collectors ever saw. I cannot confirm their existence even on the auction site that shall not be named.

Being someone who has a lot of those in their wants, I can see that as a really good question

For those of us who might not be able to make it to chat, I have posted the following question on PinTalk:

Few people who are not on PinTalk requested a mouse-copy of the chat discussions on the "other forum" Are we allowed to do that?

I might not be able to stay throughout the chat as it is a school night for my kid and I have mom-duties calling. Is there a way that we can still see the chat minutes somewhere after that?

Looking fwd to the exciting changes!

and my request was answered by DLRPinTrader92 (their supermod)

I'll record the chat (copy of text only) and post it the next day here...

I know that some people desire a complete transperancy, and I am not sure how satisfying this Q & A session will prove for those, but it is a start at least.

...I think we haven't really given Tiggernut a fair shake here,...

Maybe I haven't read everything, and I don't know her, but I think she's just trying to protect the hobby. Not everyone comes across a keyboard the way they intend and some people don't sugar up what they write. I think she's a lawyer - it's my experience that they tend to be blunt. If I weren't too lady-like to post it, you'd be positively shocked at some of the things my lawyer said during my divorce [/facepalm]. He had some colorful phrasing and unique idioms that made this southern girl blush! I don't think he had the three-second-delay that some people need. Anyway, I'm surprised she hasn't bolted for the hills with the flak she's taken. We're a family here - we won't always agree, but I think it's easy to just pass on reading a thread and not run each other down. She's been around forever and I really appreciate the old-timers (for lack of a better phrase). I've been in the mix for seven years, so I'm no young pup myself I guess.

I think LANSAM is taking the questions in Messages because to try to answer in chat...wow, I can only imagine all the repetition, the "wait, what are you answering?" ...and "that's already been asked." Not to mention, not everyone is a whiz on the keyboard [/she says, watching Coach hunt/peck ;)]. I figure there are a slew of the same question, so they're just gathering up all the 'same' questions and answering those ahead of time. It saves time. Smart.

Ebay: Gosh, I hope it isn't considered a bad place?! Back when I was selling after the divorce, Ebay (well, my pin collection), literally, fed my kids when we were down to a can of peaches and some string cheese. We 'ate' some of my collection (thank you all for your support back then!) and I was grateful to have it as a place to make some quick cash - it was the only game in town, that I knew of. I know people buy/sell here, but darn if I can figure out how that works. I guess they just list them out, but I wouldn't know who bought what first, etc. I buy on eBay when I get frustrated trying to get the pin I want. Sometimes it's easier than trying to hash out a trade and if I value a trader at $30 and the pin I want is the same price, sometimes I just buy it because it's easier. Having bought and sold on ebay, I know buyers are protected to the nth degree. If you get something bad, PayPal will be sure you get a refund! Even if sellers say they don't take returns, if the pin is defective or worse, a scrapper, eBay will be sure you're taken care of. There are always more people willing to sell, but if there are only sellers and no buyers because they've all been ripped off...ebay falls flat on its "domain." ;)

Last edited:

Case in point.
Pin 70281: Disney's/Pixar 'UP' premiere special event pin

A question that was posted below the pin was where was this released the exact theatre? What day? Why was the creator of the pin delegated from the listing? When the pin creator was posted, I contacted them direct to ask and never a reply.
Only 1 pin exist? And no further information since all the additional information added was cleaned up. I searched all the Internet for this screening and nothing. I called every theatre in Hollywood, large and small, and no Pixar movie was ever viewed except at UP all night at the DSF and they confirmed no pin exists?

There are many pins like this.

I would ask why is there an anonymous on Pinpic. You can delete your email from view but who are you????? It kills when your doing a trade assist and and the trader doesn't exist or they constantly have the pin to trade and are turned off forever.

Last edited:
Being someone who has a lot of those in their wants, I can see that as a really good question

Bronco I finally located from your 0 trader wants :) i know that pin exists for sure because I traded it to Bricklayer last year. Now, one more is on its way to me. Hopefully I won't jinx myself and it won't get lost in the mail.

"When I first got hooked on pins it was immediately evident, as I am sure it was with most of you, that there was something special about these unassuming little pieces of metal and enamel. They were unique works of art with little or no public recognition. There may be some who want to keep it their own little secret, but all great art eventually gets discovered and hopefully for the talented artists who created these incredible pins it will not be in memoriam!"

This is a quote from the Pin Board post over on Pin Talk. I am very confused as to what Anthony Medina means by "all great art eventually gets discovered". We all know many of the pins are beautiful and artistic. So who's going to discover it? I pmed lansam about it for the Q&A. Hope they answer!

PS. I'm not trying to promote any kind of "consipiracy theory" by this. I'm really honestly just confused!

what Anthony Medina means by "all great art eventually gets discovered".

OKay..here is another of my questions-

When someone signs their name to a post on Pinpics (Ie the Quote by Anthony above) is it truly Anthony? Or does LANSAM allow each owner to post as each other?

I ask this, as Anthony was not logged on, when posts with his name showed up, but Lenny was online.

Another question: What safeguards are in place for Pinpics goal of authentication of pin collections? now that we know that Lenny Schas plead guilty to grand theft in Orange County Superior Court?

Last edited:
I for one am glad that The new owners of Pinpics are willing not only to answer Questions online, but also to have a scheduled online chat. To me, this demonstrates openness and willingness to work with and be a part of the larger pin trading community. I was impressed when the counterfeit pin that Laz posted turned up on Pinpics a few days later with all of the identifying features. Maybe I'm too easily impressed, LOL! Seriously though, we can only benefit from opportunities to ask questions of the new ownership, and I for one am willing to give them a chance until the prove that they are not trustworthy.

In the immortal words of Thumper's father: "If ya can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."

Sorry if this sounds like a sermon, but it is Sunday!

I ask this, as Anthony was not logged on, when posts with his name showed up, but Lenny was online.

A user can be on-line but not be seen. It is a simple matter of privacy settings, no big deal.

Another question: What safeguards are in place for Pinpics goal of authentication of pin collections, now that we know that Lenny Schas plead guilty to grand theft in Orange County Superior Court?

This on the other hand is an eye opener. Would you be able to tell us when?

Last edited:
This on the other hand is an eye opener. Would you be able to tell us when?

I found it [/deleting personal information regarding case]. Is that the same Lenny Schas?

Edit: [Replying to PM here as well...] Oh, gosh, I only posted asking if it was indeed the same person. I was just questioning if it was actually the same guy...that's why I posted the height, etc., b/c I've never seen him. I wouldn't want to see anyone taking a beating when it wasn't actually them. Kwim? ...

Last edited:
Not sure if it is the same person or a victim of the same name, but looks like this was waaay back in 1998. Still, this does not make him ... whatever he is accused of.

Last edited:
Yes, same Lenny Schas that owns Pinpics/Lansam.

Yes, it is correct that a conviction of Grand Theft does not mean counterfietor. But for me, I wouldn't trust my pinbag around someone with that history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back