• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Q&A sessions with LANSAM and PinPics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q&A sessions with LANSAM and PinPics
wow thats one hell of an accusation from you tiggernut without proof.
thats great of them to post a Q&A as shows they will answer questions.

im tempted to ask one but need to word it right lol

I was not on this thread for a while, but unbeknowst I have just submitted the following question:

My question is regarding the counts on Pinpics.
Will we have only ask & want counts or will we be able to see the owns count as well?
I know it has been discussed a while back and I think in the name of avoiding scrappers, especially with low LE counts, seeing how many owners there are would be very helpful.

So, if for LE 100, the count of owns + trades exceeds 100, you know that you are in trouble. Even then, it might not be accurate because sometimes I have more than 1 of the same pin in my traders, but I can enter it only once.

I do not frequent PinTalk, but I remember seeing a discussion over there about implementing this.

Last edited:
I was not on this thread for a while, but unbeknowst I have just submitted the following question:

My question is regarding the counts on Pinpics.
Will we have only ask & want counts or will we be able to see the owns count as well?
I know it has been discussed a while back and I think in the name of avoiding scrappers, especially with low LE counts, seeing how many owners there are would be very helpful.

So, if for LE 100, the count of owns + trades exceeds 100, you know that you are in trouble. Even then, it might not be accurate because sometimes I have more than 1 of the same pin in my traders, but I can enter it only once.

What about those who might list it as an own as well as a trader? Can they do something to skew the count to reflect that only one pin is in the person's possession. I know if it is one I own and one I trade, I have 2 of the same pin. No pin that I own for myself is listed as a trader.

like Tinker I will sit back and see what the questions are, am hoping it will be better for ALL of us

I do have one question: on the reference page to submit references , if you changed your email will they combine the old email and the new one, I asked over a year ago and they could not combine the 2 so is that a good question to ask, as a lot of us do change them
would someone ask for me please

like Tinker I will sit back and see what the questions are, am hoping it will be better for ALL of us

I do have one question: on the reference page to submit references , if you changed your email will they combine the old email and the new one, I asked over a year ago and they could not combine the 2 so is that a good question to ask, as a lot of us do change them

THAT is a good question, but will only apply if they somehow now have control of the reference page or start their own. As far as I understood it under the "old PinPics", that was a totally separate website owned and run by different people.

I do not frequent PinTalk, but I remember seeing a discussion over there about implementing this.

The immediate problem with this, is there are several pins I have on both my owns and trades list (because I am not attached to keeping it, but I don't dislike having it either) so they would be double counted, but it could be gotten around if there was a place you could enter total quantity. Multiples if you have them, or my only own one but have it listed twice scenario. Just thinking out loud, since this is more OT. Don't mind me too much.

i am not sure exactly how pinpics works, who puts the data of the "new release or discovered" pin? was it figgy and britt and now lansam or can anyone put a new pin in there?

I like what broncobilly asked about sifting out non-active traders from the wants lists so we can all have a better trading experience.
And finally, i agree what this thread should be about BUT, it does concern me--after light research- some of the points tiggernut is trying to investigate. Perhaps (as mary poppins) would say, aspoon full of sugar on this topic may help get some answers. I would like to feel confident everything is on the up and up. Like Judy said after the Q&A perhaps a nice summary of the pintalk for us would be awesome.

VERY good ? there..I cannot get my refs changed either...its been awhile since i has asked too

Since I just noticed something weird about DPF when I click "My Profile" (I posted it in the help forum), I just thought to ask this

4)What web browsers have the new site been formatted/tested for? Most sites nowadays are compatible with almost every major browser, but some features of some sites still do not work right with FireFox, IE, Safari, etc?

The immediate problem with this, is there are several pins I have on both my owns and trades list (because I am not attached to keeping it, but I don't dislike having it either) so they would be double counted, but it could be gotten around if there was a place you could enter total quantity. Multiples if you have them, or my only own one but have it listed twice scenario. Just thinking out loud, since this is more OT. Don't mind me too much.

arghhh ... I did not think that, duhhhh !! I just thought what if people owned multiple traders of the same pin, but could not go beyond that.

I've been skimming this thread and if we are collecting questions to ask from this forum I would like to know:

Who are the members of LANSAM?
Why have some of the pictures on PinPics been changed for older pins?

Thank you to whomever if submitting these questions.

I've been skimming this thread and if we are collecting questions to ask from this forum I would like to know:

Who are the members of LANSAM? - ASKED AND ANSWERED TWICE ON PINTALK ALREADY

You have to ask someone to submit the question for you. I will do some for some people, but can not do all of them

Who are the members of LANSAM?

As far as I understood we are all submtting our own questions indvidually on PinTalk. If you are not a member over there, there is still time to register and submit your own questions to them.

Btw, I change pictures for old pins all the time. And that is because many old pictures look horrible and don't show the beauty of the original pin. I always inspect the pin first of coarse. and Usually it's of a pin that came to me from a trusted trader that bought it directly from disney :) IMHO There are Many Many MANY Pins that need new pictures to show the true beauty of the pin.

I'm very interested in seeing what everyone asks and whether or not they do answer everyones questions. I will be sure to be online for the q&a as I too have questions I would like answers to.

I'm very interested in seeing what everyone asks and whether or not they do answer everyones questions. I will be sure to be online for the q&a as I too have questions I would like answers to.

Make sure you submit them before Sunday

As far as I understood we are all submtting our own questions indvidually on PinTalk. If you are not a member over there, there is still time to register and submit your own questions to them.

Gee thanks, I misunderstood and I thought this community was submitting it's own questions. I am a member of PinTalk, as I supported Figgy and Britt when they owned the site.

What I don't understand is why this Q & A is not a chat and why they are answering PM's? Why can't people just post the questions or just have a public chat? This all seems a little silly.

What I don't understand is why this Q & A is not a chat and why they are answering PM's? Why can't people just post the questions or just have a public chat? This all seems a little silly.

There is a slot for a 2 hr public chat on Tuesday evening. I am guessing that maybe just the basic, common questions that everyone wonders about will be answered and posted somewhere to save time during the chat. This way, they can save time and people who can not log in during the chat all the time (me for instance as it is a school night and I have mom-stuff to do) will still get some information.

What is not clear from those answers, or more details can be discussed during the chat.

But it is just my guess ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back