• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Q&A sessions with LANSAM and PinPics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q&A sessions with LANSAM and PinPics
I think this is just wrong. Why do you think for a moment that it is ok to not only delve so much into someone's life but to then post personal information about them on a forum. Because they own part of a website that you go to??? How can this be right. I don't care if they made mistakes in their past. I know tons of people in the pin community who have made mistakes. People seem to think that it is ok to know everything there is to know about them and then post it when what you should really care about is their plans for pinpics. I can not believe how far this has gone. If this amount of personal information had been posted about my family and life that has been posted on these forums about the new pinpics leadership I would have shut down pinpics for good. My life is my life their life is their life. I am outraged on their behalf and disgusted with what has gone on. They have opened their hearts to the pin trading community, they have shared their vision of the future with you and all some want to do is pick about their personal lives. IT IS WRONG!!!!! Everytime someone posts about the personal lives of any member of pinpics it is wrong.... I don't care who they are: owner, trader, etc....

When we passed over pinpics to them we told them people would be cautious, that there would be concern for pinpics future, that people would be naturally curious about them and to be prepared for some panic from people but never in a million years could Britt and I have foreseen the lengths that people would go to to look into their backgrounds. I am sadden by all of this and I hope that it is over soon because quite honestly you have two choices here... use pinpics and look hopefully on the future along with the rest of us who are excited and jazzed about what is coming or don't... thats it my two cents.

figgy

I'm agreed with Figgy, and she beat me to the punch.

I've had it with you, TiggerNut. Do not expect to receive any other replies or consideration from me, EVER. Your behavior is shameful.

For those who care, I looked up the court case in question and it appears to me to be a bad check over $950 from over 10 years ago pled out as Grand Theft under California laws. That's what you are all worked up about, based on the lazy investigations and half-baked FUD.

I'm done with this debate and with this forum for letting it continue.

I really hate to be cliche here, but this is really a couple of people ruining this for the rest of us. I started this thread, with the knowledge of one of the new owners of PinPics in an effort to keep communication open, to show that we at DPF were just as interested in the future of PinPics as others worldwide, and it took one or two people to run roughshod over the thread with accusations and comments when asked repeatedly to knock it off

I for one apologize as the one who started the thread for not asking Bricklayer and Cicada to lock this thread once I saw that people were not willing to be civil.

Last edited:
Dear Figgy & Britt:

If you are going to be honest..why don't you disclose the kickback percentage you have in your deal with LANSAM for Pinpics? I believe this is Why you are willing to look the other way, when the facts are slapping you in the face. I don't think you did your homework in selling Pinpics and now have no choice but to back the ending of your website as we know it.

As for "how far this has gone" - you are also the cause of this, with your secret deals and half-truths about this Sale.

1) It is PUBLIC information that Lenny Schas plead GUILTY for GRAND THEFT. (Insert Leopard cliche here)
2) Lenny is related to a KNOWN counterfeiter Margi Deluca who made the FAKE MASTERPIECE Pins, and MANY MANY OTHERS.
3) The FAKE Jessica Rabbit pins are coming from the same place Margi used to live.
3) PINPICS has been changing information for pins that now have fakes. WHY? Perhaps making it MORE convenient for the sellers of these bad pins.
4) The reason Lenny was HIDDDEN from the purchase of LANSAM/PINPICS was because of his bad reputation.

Figgy you LIED to us about the "Partnership" of LANSAM in the first place. There was never a partnership, but a full-fledged SALE to a pair of newbies and a criminal.

tiggernut knock it off!!

I hate to break it to you Tiggernut but they do not have to reveal SQUAT! They are the owners and can chose to sell or do anything else they want with it. If they wanted to use it as a system for bottlecap trading, they could and we could say nothing. If you do not like it, start your own database, but stop harassing everyone who is trying to have a positive outlook on this by running roughshod over other's threads

Last edited:
You can ignore me on the board, would you like instructions on how to block my posts?

HUNDREDS of people READ what I have to say. Don't like it, don't read it.

No, because I choose to fight fear and ignorance with calm fact and legitimate questions, not wild accusations that when asked, no answers are forthcoming. I asked everyone to be calm and civil and YOU IGNORED THAT REPEATEDLY.

Plus something to consider, millions of people watch things like "Jersey Shore" (my apologies in advance to those who like the show), but how many watch to laugh with them and how many watch to laugh AT them?

Last edited:
I am being civil. I haven't written in large font or red letters. I don't tell people they should go away.

I have plenty of info that I haven't even started to reveal here. If it were not for activists in a community, many plights of our world would go unnoticed or unmentioned. I will not sit idle and watch my hobby be destroyed without knowing I could have done something to stop it.

I raise the alarm, risk my own reputation and business. I do this because the cause is great, and the corruption is even deeper than you know.

No matter your dislike of what I have to say, I still have the right to say it.

I am being civil. I haven't written in large font or red letters. I don't tell people they should go away.

I have plenty of info that I haven't even started to reveal here. If it were not for activists in a community, many plights of our world would go unnoticed or unmentioned. I will not sit idle and watch my hobby be destroyed without knowing I could have done something to stop it.

I raise the alarm, risk my own reputation and business. I do this because the cause is great, and the corruption is even deeper than you know.

No matter your dislike of what I have to say, I still have the right to say it.

The red letters and large font are because the last 3 times I asked you to please stop this, you obviously did not see it or chose to ignore it so I wanted to make sure you saw it this time. Accusing someone of Grand Theft without posting the entire story is being civil? And what business are you risking? This is a HOBBY, not a business. I never told you to go away. I ASKED you to keep it polite and civil and STAY ON POINT, and if you could not do those things, to go elsewhere to say what you want. You went so far off the point of this thread, I am amazed.

Last edited:
I think this is just wrong.

I think most of us here agree with you. One bad apple is ruining the bunch. I'm taking this stance currently with this member:

Do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

For everyone's sake and for our hobby, I sincerely hope that TiggerNut is 110% wrong.

I also want to remind TiggerNut (who very much cares about pins, fellow collectors and this hobby) that if she is found at fault for internet defamation and slander, then she is RISKING THE CLOSURE OF THIS FORUM as the forum owners now can be held liable for giving her a platform to spread her accusations.

I do not know what area of law TiggerNut practices, but please remember that if Lansam finally takes you to court, just blood relationship is not enough as positive, 100% proof. Neither are past offenses.

I am very sure that we all have less than 100% people in our heritage somewhere. One person's less than moral acts does not make another a criminal.

Last edited:
Accusing someone of Grand Theft
Accusing..no, this is a fact. LENNY SCHAS plead GUILTY. He made a plea deal to get out of a Felony. I don't care what the story was. He PLEAD.

Was that the question I asked or was "without posting the entire story" also included in that sentence? You posted a part that suited your purpose, intentionally leaving out links to the search, etc, so others either had to dig like you did or "take you at your word".

Just as a disclaimer, I do not know any member of LANSAM, never met any of them, and I have like 12 posts over at PinTalk. What I care about is the hobby, and people not getting railroaded with half statements being posted

Where do you get off posting stuff like that? How is this allowed to go on? If that man ever wants to do anything (get a new job, etc) where he is going to be checked out, googling his name brings up these threads and the stuff you have said about him. People get banned here for overbumping threads and this warrants nothing? I am just... beyond words at this point... Pinpics is a website. At no point was it ever said it would last forever or the stuff anyone contributed would be preserved until the end of time. It was sold, we might lose the database but several people saved it so that is a option for anyone who is worried. If you hate it so much just make your own website, so you can be assured about the owners of it. Good luck with whatever you are doing I guess because I have nothing else to say and I am going to take my own advice from this point on.

I am beyond tired of the self-righteous indignation by all parties on the Lansam threads. In my opinion, TiggerNut has not published anything that would rise to the levels of the defamation as defined by California law. Truth is the ultimate defense against defamation suits, and matters of opinion are not defamation. Most of her statements are either her personal opinions or factual statements, which have been confirmed by other persons (including by people who are vehemently against her position.) She has also not invaded anybody’s privacy as the information posted is in public recorders. The continued personal attacks against TiggerNut are unwarranted and disgusting.

On the counter point, attacks on Lansam serve no useful point. Simple fact is, Pin Pics is owned by Lansam. Even if there was fraud in the purchase of Pin Pics (a position denied by Pin Pics’ previous owner), third party pin traders lack any standing to complain. The only people who could complain are Figgy and Britt. And so far, they are very supportive of Lansam. Lansam has not done anything to undermine Pin Pics’ mission statement as far as I can tell. Lansam’s statements about their future plans of Pin Pics to date have general been neutral or positive . The ownership of Lansam is mostly irrelevant at this point. Moreover, an owners past actions are just that – past actions. Most of the lawsuits were more than 10 years as was the conviction.

It is clear that these two camps will not see eye to eye.

Those who think Lansam is up to no good will not be satisfied with counterarguments. To those, I would suggest you protect your collections and information in any way you think is best. If you are feeling particularly industrious, then set up a website with similar information. There a plenty of free and / or low cost platforms on the web to set up similar websites.

Those who think Lansam ownership of Pin Pics will be a positive development, no amount of evidence, real or imaged, inferences or accusations will sway their opinion. They have faith in both the old owners and the new owners. I hope they are right.

To those who don’t know, and assuming for some unknown reason you have followed this thread and this post, to paraphrase a Ferengi Rule of Acquisition: “Read everything, trust nothing.†Make up your own mind. And remember that this is supposed to fun hobby. Recently it has not been so.

Finally, to the moderators of Disney Pin Forum:. Reverse your decision to close and hid previous threads regarding Lansam. This approach is not working. You have not applied this power in an equitable manner. It appears to violate your own terms of use and rules and undermines the concept that this forum is suppose to be opened for free discussion.

Sincerely

Keith A. Jones

Truth is the ultimate defense against defamation suits, and matters of opinion are not defamation. Most of her statements are either her personal opinions or factual statements

3) The FAKE Jessica Rabbit pins are coming from the same place Margi used to live.
4) The reason Lenny was HIDDDEN from the purchase of LANSAM/PINPICS was because of his bad reputation.

Very very well argued and written Keith. Thank you for presenting both sides of this medallion.

Although I have a question: Can one de-fame a dead person?
Margi is dead and gone (may she rest in peace). So, I think TiggerNut is off the hook for #3 for that reason.

Yet, I am still confused by this statement. The fake Jessica pins are coming from where? Margi's old home address? Same street? Same town? Same state? Where? Place is a very vague word. We have read her posts for so long now and there is still no clarity to her communication.

I am also interested in number 4: Is that the truth or is that her opinion? As her statement does not come after a simple "IMO", one has to assume that it is truth, or so I understand. Please correct me if I am wrong.

+1,000,000,000 to Keith!!

I never thought about it, but I do feel like I've been following the Ferengi rule in all of this. I think we all (TiggerNut included, by her own admission) hope these accusations/concerns are found to be baseless. But, I am grateful for ALL of those out there keeping an eye on the situation.

OMG!!This has to stop NOW!!Bryan/Jesse/Jon...opened DPF back in October 2010.They opened this up for all of us pin traders/collectors to have a friendly place to meet/trade
and ask advise about trades and so on.I cannot believe whats happening here,We are suppose to be a friendly site and when newbies join and see this kinda stuff
OK maybe they should pass seeing it and move on.But when Pinpics is in the title of any posts and they belong there..this will interest them to read it,NOT for positive things
they get all this.Figgy/Britt,opened Pinpics to us at NO COST!they did everything..sure they ask for donations to help with the server that provided them with the space for Pinpics.
BUT they did not ask for much!!everything they recieved went back to the server to help with costs.Pinpics grew from when I started trading 11 years + ago..into one of the best pintrading
database you could find or ask for.I am for one excited for the changes..if it improves more..that would be awesome.Figgy/Britt,I want to personally thank you for everything you have done for me and all other traders out there,I have met so many friends from around the world to trade with,You provided us with something that noonelse could of done for us.DPF is my home here..and I hate seeing it get torn apart with this stuff going around.I think maybe this should be closed or possibly removed"PERIOD"as this could start trouble for the moderaters here.If this was on the other forum that closed a couple years ago,
alot of this would of either been edited or removed.I say we all step back and think of everything said here,take a deep breath and stay to the subject that started this thread!!!And lets go from there,and see
what Lansam has in store for Pinpics

JUudy

Man, this re-ignitited like a dead campfire....At this stage it's all hashed up people. Unfortunately Disney hasn't done much about fake and counterfeit pins, we just have to be vigilant and rely on the wisdom of those that have seen or own the real deals....this converstaion has been beaten so hard, a dead horse doesn't quite sum it up, but here goes
deadhorse.gif

Although I have a question: Can one de-fame a dead person?

In California one cannot a defame a dead person.

I am also interested in number 4: Is that the truth or is that her opinion? As her statement does not come after a simple "IMO", one has to assume that it is truth, or so I understand. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As for the second question, the matter is extremely complicated. While truth is an ultimate defense to defamation, other defenses exist. One example is the First Amendment. California Court states that “Thus, ‘rhetorical hyperbole,’ ‘vigorous epithet,’ ‘lusty and imaginative expressions of . . . contempt,’ and language used ‘in a loose, figurative sense’ have all been accorded constitutional protection.†(Ferlauto v. Hamsher (1999) 74 Cal.App.4th 1394, 1401 As an example, you can call me a “f*ing bastard.†Well, since my parents were married when I was born, that statement is false. However, I would have to show that being called a “f*ing bastard†has harmed me in some way. My hurt feelings do not constitute a true harm. Most courts are not going to find defamation in that situation.

In this situation, the gravamen of that claim would be “bad reputationâ€. “Bad reputation†is subjective. How do you prove that is true or not? (Which is the difference between fact and opinion). Moreover, it could be seen as type of a public review of business practices, which adds another layer to the analysis. (As an example, I can write a review of restaurant saying it served bad and disgusting food without fear). I would guess that a trier of fact would not find this statement to be defamation. This is my opinion as a layman, as I am not a lawyer.

That being said, it is conceivable that a lawyer could make a colorable argument to bring a defamation claim. I would guess it be an uphill fight. However, I have seen long litigation on defamation cases on whether being called homosexual equates defamation.

California court system makes it fairly easy to bring claims. California is quite liberal on that front. While bringing the claim is easy, proving much harder. Furthermore, once litigation is begun, the defendant has the right to conduct investigations on the claims.

So in conclusion, I would say it is opinion and not factual statement, though others might disagree.

Keith

*Editing this in the morn with a fresh mind as i reaized I am just being fed legal mambo-jambo again *

Just to repeat my question: Is #4 truth or her opinion? I did not ask if it was defamation. Is it opnion or truth? I got my answer at the end of a lot of words, but just one sentence would be enough really.

So in conclusion, I would say it is opinion and not factual statement, though others might disagree.

Keith

Wow! I wish I could do it all over again. Instead of engineering I would study law. It is a bit brain-numbing though. It is truly amazing what people can get away with, and with the blessings of law too.

With all due respect, I will add the following to the Ferengi rule: Ask your own questions, and even then the answers you receve might not be the truth.

Last edited:
go away for a week and this exploded

Keep it up, Tiggernut, this stuff is too entertaining!
tumblr_m1isd3G0QB1qdoqnm.gif

actually, seriously dude. you should take a chill pill. You only spout negativity, here. Is there ONE positive thing you have to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back