• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Share Your Repaints/Customs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Share Your Repaints/Customs!
awwww, i love your tiana's new dress, so pretty *_* i am still sewing for one for my queen idun of arendelle doll :)

repainted_ooak_frozen_queen_idun_of_arendelle__by_verirrtesirrlicht-d7ohxrv.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I might add some extra bits to her now her dress looks so good. I just like them to look more movie accurate so don't quite understand the eyelashes thing haha

She's really cute! She looks like she is looking at the lanterns, looking with wide opened eyes at something she is really interested in.

She's really cute! She looks like she is looking at the lanterns, looking with wide opened eyes at something she is really interested in.

i wanted her to have exactly that look =3 as if she was saying "but i wanna go see the lights" to mother gothel =D

I love these pictures, so many talented people.
I am hoping to have a go at Doll repainting, not sure if I have a steady enough hand!
I did decorate a Disney Store Rapunzel doll, nothing so exciting but I enjoyed doing it, and I think she looks pretty :). She was a present for my Friend at Christmas. Once I figure it out I will share some pictures.
:D

Last edited:
Ispired by the upcoming LE:
OOAK Aurora using the DS classic Aurora doll. It was just a test-repaint, to try out the mold. I have to admitt that I´m not a big fan of this mold...too thinn, no cheeckbones...

14744763892_29182ebba7_b.jpg
14742690924_20f605ddb1_b.jpg

To me she looks like the bottom right one from these. Yes, the eyebrows (too) :)

sleeping-beauty-sleeping-beauty-32056296-500-500.jpg

EDIT: I found a better pic, she looks more like this one :) :
SleepingBeautyPicture.JPG

Last edited:
4857750834_6ccd44c2a5_z.jpg
402752_10150441857507721_1032933727_n.jpg

A few years ago for Christmas I repainted a Barbie doll to make an Evil Queen (Once Upon a Time) for my mom. She loved it!
This was the progress picture after applying a top coat.

Are we allowed to post non-Disney repaints? I'm just starting getting into doll customization, and I bought a Rapunzel doll from the Disney store last year for my first doll, but she's not going to be a Rapunzel afterwards. I'm making the dress (even though I've never really sewn before, but my grandma gave me her ancient Singer so I'm going to give it a try!) and I've removed the original paint from the face and just need to add a sealant before repainting.

Also lulemee- that Aurora is great! I especially love that you gave her red lips, since in the movie they're supposed to be red like a rose! It always bothers me when Disney gives her pink lips. Did you make the dress and accessories as well?

Also (sorry for the double post) for those who use lashes for their dolls- do you buy special doll eyelashes or do you get synthetic ones made for people and then cut them to fit the dolls? I would love to give my doll nice lashes like vampire_conche does with her customs, but I really don't want to risk ruining the doll by rooting them. Any tips? Thanks :)

To apply lashes I use normal fake lashes for humans and cut them afterwards, on the first pictures you see the originla length, on the second when they are already cut.
image.jpg

The lashes are glued on with a craftly glue. The important thing is that the glue is transparent after drying.
I hope that helps!

Last edited:
@luna_ray: i also use normal lashes for humans and cut them a little after the glue is dry, just like lulemee wrote. i also always take super strong glue so that i only need to apply a little and they will still hold :)

repainted_ooak_frozen_mini_dolls_anna___kristoff__by_verirrtesirrlicht-d7vui82.jpg

kristoff and anna mini dolls. they are repainted :)
i am doing a give-away on my facebook page where you can win them if anybody is interested cause i hope they'll find a loving new home :)

Everyone's projects are Awesome! (everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team... lol can't get song out of head) & inspiring.

Bought SDCC Elsa (transforming Elsa) BUT immediately I thought I would of love her more if she was transforming from coronation dress to Snow Queen dress ^^ soo....

IMG_2470.jpg
IMG_2469.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2452.jpg
IMG_2456.jpg

would be more perfect for me if no cape hehe... but very happy with how she turned out :D

Everyone's projects are Awesome! (everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team... lol can't get song out of head) & inspiring.

Bought SDCC Elsa (transforming Elsa) BUT immediately I thought I would of love her more if she was transforming from coronation dress to Snow Queen dress ^^ soo....

would be more perfect for me if no cape hehe... but very happy with how she turned out :D

OMG! That is the exact reason on why I bought the SDCC Elsa.
To be honest, the Funko Frozen pops were a disappointment to me. And I was really hoping they'd make a series two with the remaining characters/outfits.

I'm so tempted to ask if I could send you my Elsa as a commission...

OMG! That is the exact reason on why I bought the SDCC Elsa.
To be honest, the Funko Frozen pops were a disappointment to me. And I was really hoping they'd make a series two with the remaining characters/outfits.

I'm so tempted to ask if I could send you my Elsa as a commission...

Uuu...! Yes I would also love for them to release the remaining characters/outfits. Will pm you about Elsa :)

That´s so cuteeeee!!!!

^^ Ty!

Here's my Rapunzel collection well this mainly includes my pink/purple dress Rapunzel's' :) + her in nightgown. I added sleeves to my 16" Animators' Rapunzel Doll dress. And my 12" Classic Rapunzel (Disney Parks) Doll with the extra long hair switched her body with the singing body from I think last years dolls(button on neck back). Love this years Rapunzel singing doll mainly because of all the accessories she comes with and her box, but as usual no long long hair and still trying to get use to the hand singing option. My 16" Animators' dolls switched outfits, I prefer the one with shiny highlights to wear Rapunzel's' dress that way she matches the other dolls with shiny highlighted hair :) Very happy I bought an used Nightgown Rapunzel doll when I did because her prices seem to have gone up :/ Hope Disney brings back 16" singing dolls :)
IMG_2479.jpg
IMG_2484.jpg
IMG_2485.jpg
IMG_2492.jpg
IMG_2491.jpg

I would actually be interested to see if Disney will ever make a movie accurate hair length rapunzel doll. That would be crazy. The hair would have to be at least 30 inches.

I would actually be interested to see if Disney will ever make a movie accurate hair length rapunzel doll. That would be crazy. The hair would have to be at least 30 inches.

I don't think they would make a classic doll with movie accurate hair length although I would love to see one. Maybe a mini doll, 30 inches would look great but it would still be shorter than in the movie.

Actually, at 1/6 scale (12" dolls), 70ft of hair would be 140 inches or 11 1/2 feet. So that's out. But I do agree in the sense of how nice it would be to see Disney make her hair, say, another foot longer. Especially when they insist on giving all tne other girls unreasonably long hair, it makes it hard for the one whose story is about the length of her hair to stand out when it only hits her ankles (best case an extra inch or two past her feet). I'd love a doll that actually had hair trailing behind her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back