• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

delete post plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
delete post plz
Thank you for answering my 1 question, but this one wasn't...

The person/trader I am having a problem with, ID is now missing in my message folders (sent and received). I can see the title to the message, but their ID is gone and I can't open the message. Says I am not authorized to do so when I click on it. How am I supposed to get the information I need if I can't access their or my own messages?

I might be able to answer that one... chances are if the ID is no longer visible the person in question has gotten reported and is being investigated or has gotten banned.... IDK the exact process pinpics is using for reported TA abuse. Lucan can clairify of course.

That doesnt help you much, because you now cannot get the info you need for the pins you already sent for trade. BUT, if you did send pins and they didnt send in return you CAN contact the post office and file a claim with them... This process is kind of difficult, and it can get the person into major trouble legally, as it is a claim of mail fraud. You will need as much info as possible for that, such as the tracking info from the package you sent, and the items+values...

Thank you for answering my 1 question, but this one wasn't...

The person/trader I am having a problem with, ID is now missing in my message folders (sent and received). I can see the title to the message, but their ID is gone and I can't open the message. Says I am not authorized to do so when I click on it. How am I supposed to get the information I need if I can't access their or my own messages?

hi again,

as with the first answer , write to the PP staff, we have access to our system folders that you may not, we may not allow you that access but we may also be able to retrieve the info you need If you can tell us what we need to know to help you,
Pixie is correct if they disappeared off the system the odds are very high that one of two things happened, they removed themseleves but that doesnt mean we dont have any info on them, or we did, and ditto on the retrieval of info,

Likewise if this person is reachable and does not respond to our staff they may find themselves in more hot water than they wish, but again I repeat,

WE cant help you if you dont let us know the problem and attempt to help!!

HI there
I do remember seeing a question about your account, as a Premium member you may write to Premiumservices@pinpics.com directly for any and all aid . Your account is active and unfortunately you did not win any of the Pins at Cost pins, however I know for a fact that the PAC system is currently also undergoing an upgrade and in the future all entries and winners will be notified by email , as well the list of winners was posted on PINTALK at the time of the drawing,
We apologize if we caused some false hopes, it was not our intention at all, but rest assured if you have any questions about PP PRemium services, Dirk, the guy in the mailroom is very prompt and knowledgeable, I am sure he will be able to assist you in the future.

the mail issues, the non conformation of email sent or recieved issues are all known quantiities at this point, our team of digital wizards is actively trying to knock out these tech demons as quickly as they arrive, however its like playing wack a punzel fan, no matter how many we bang down more just pop up!!!

Seriously, the actual number of known boo boos is dwindiling,and at present i do not know how you may help, however I know I speak for the entire staff at PP when I say thank you for the offer, we will add your account to the growing number of offers from users to help. With a little more patience and alittle bit of Pixie dust<no not OUR PIxies dust,> this will smooth itself out and by the time we all look back this will be laugh and we will be trading pins around the globe as one gianormous pin family...

I've just been reading through this thread, and several questions were suddenly brought to mind (and either mentioned here and not answered, or maybe they weren't really questions...) Soo....

As someone mentioned before: The links to PinPics on this forum don't work. It's my understanding that the DPF moderators were _TOLD_ by PinPics that they (PP) didn't want links on this forum back to PinPics. So, yes, this is a question for _YOU_ to try to answer, not the DPF moderators. Are you saying, _OFFICIALLY_, that the DPF moderators can fix the links here with PP's blessing? This question seems to be getting avoided...

I've never really used the new site much since it's kind of annoying to navigate (probably largely because I'm not totally used to it, but also because it's simply not intuitive. If you have to create 'training videos', there's something wrong with the overall design...), but one thing I've noticed is that all of the images of the pins are blurry. I've uploaded 250x250 or 300x300 sized images to the old site (and Emailed even larger images), and when the pin gets carried over to the new site these images are scaled way down (like 200x200) and then zoomed back up to a larger size. As such, they look horrible, especially compared to the old site.

My question- Is this because I'm not _paying_ to use PP? I didn't even know there was a pay option for the site, but if that's the reason I can't see decent quality images of pins (especially images _I'm_ providing), then I'm definitely done with adding pins to your site or Emailing pictures...

I'm sorry, but I'm simply not providing you free images to use for profit.... If they can't be seen and used by everyone on the site, then there's just no need for me to supply them anymore.

_Everyone_ should be able to see the highest quality images provided, and all the information about a pin that's available. If you want to make people pay for extra _site features_, that's fine, but the pin database needs to be 100% available to 100% of the users. Otherwise the site would just be useless since non-paying people won't know what they are missing, and will just stop using the site...

And, another vote for groups/personal groups. If I don't have those (and we loose the ones we have on the old site), that's a big move in the wrong direction... As it is right now I can't find all the pins of a certain new series since there's no group for it on the old site (since I believe no one can create a public group anymore), and searching on the new site is still not really that effective (and maybe these new pins aren't even on the new site yet)...

But my biggest problem is restricting any part of the core Pin database (including larger images) to paying costumers only... You have permanently lost me on that one.

As someone mentioned before: The links to PinPics on this forum don't work. It's my understanding that the DPF moderators were _TOLD_ by PinPics that they (PP) didn't want links on this forum back to PinPics. So, yes, this is a question for _YOU_ to try to answer, not the DPF moderators. Are you saying, _OFFICIALLY_, that the DPF moderators can fix the links here with PP's blessing? This question seems to be getting avoided...

It's my understanding that Pinpics issued a blanket, "we don't want links" statement, but was willing to work with some sites (like DPF) to restore access. But then the impetus is on the other site to actually contact Pinpics and request info on how to add the links. Since we don't have links, I'm assuming no one from DPF contacted Pinpics with a request on how to implement links going forward. This all happened at the same time DPF was repeatedly hacked, and the site errors and we all got to see how long it took DPF Admins to respond to that, so I can certainly see how the contact with Pinpics didn't happen.

Well, as far as _how_ goes... For now, all they have to do is change 'pinpics.com...' to 'gallery.pinpics.com...' and they'll work again on the old site. That's a very simple thing to change in the forum software. I know it's not permanent, but for now it would restore access to people's trade lists. The fact that it hasn't been changed leads me to believe they don't think they should for some reason.

Changing them to the new site might be more difficult unless PP makes some changes. I don't think you can search a user with a URL via their username on the new site, but by their User ID #. (so instead of pinpics.com/rik1138, it's pinpics.com/uid=12345 or something) So everyone would have to figure out their UID, unless PP makes a cross-reference system available.

hi again,

as with the first answer , write to the PP staff, we have access to our system folders that you may not, we may not allow you that access but we may also be able to retrieve the info you need If you can tell us what we need to know to help you,
Pixie is correct if they disappeared off the system the odds are very high that one of two things happened, they removed themseleves but that doesnt mean we dont have any info on them, or we did, and ditto on the retrieval of info,

Likewise if this person is reachable and does not respond to our staff they may find themselves in more hot water than they wish, but again I repeat,

WE cant help you if you dont let us know the problem and attempt to help!!

I have tried several times to contact pinpics. None of their links work (this was confirmed by a mod I talked to today). I did use the INFO email link that was provided and did get a mod that way. It should be stated in bold letters on their site that no help links work and provide the email address you provided here. If the INFO email addy is somewhere on their site, I couldn't find it.

Also nice to know I was cut off from my messages, without a warning, so I couldn't provide any information that was saved there to file a complaint. I'll stick with the old site where I get emails sent directly to my computer and can save all the information to my computer in case this incident arises again.

Not bashing above, but others should be informed of what happens if you use pinpic's new website, so no one is surprised like I was with this latest incident. Nothing like losing a valuable pin and then not even being able to gather information from pinpics own internal website messaging system to file against the bad trader.

I was trying to make a new signature but I can not save PP images anymore. The images only save as text format now. Why is this?

How are you trying to save them? (And from the new or old site?) I can still right-click on any image and select 'Save image' and I get a JPG... From either site.

[EDIT] Tried it with Chrome and got a xxxxx.txt file. Just rename it to xxxxx.jpg. It's just giving you the wrong file name. Doesn't do that in Firefox (for me at least) though...

Well, as far as _how_ goes... For now, all they have to do is change 'pinpics.com...' to 'gallery.pinpics.com...' and they'll work again on the old site. That's a very simple thing to change in the forum software. I know it's not permanent, but for now it would restore access to people's trade lists. The fact that it hasn't been changed leads me to believe they don't think they should for some reason.

Changing them to the new site might be more difficult unless PP makes some changes. I don't think you can search a user with a URL via their username on the new site, but by their User ID #. (so instead of pinpics.com/rik1138, it's pinpics.com/uid=12345 or something) So everyone would have to figure out their UID, unless PP makes a cross-reference system available.

The DPF staff wanted to get permission from Pinpics before changing the link information. When I tried using URLs for the new site to get trades / wants and comparisons, I discovered I needed to already be logged into my Pinpics account before it would work.

It appears that Pinpics has made a change that allows the DPF links to work again!!!

Last edited:
Is there any word on when the TA will be working properly? Yesterday I spent considerable time clicking through 3 levels of check boxes, to send trade requests to the 9 traders who came up as matches. When I clicked on 'Send a Message' it gave me confirmations for requests to only 5 of those traders. Sure enough, my Sent mail showed requests to only those 5 traders. So I went through the whole process all over again, this time selecting only trades with the 4 traders that the system missed the first time around. I hit 'Send a Message' and got confirmation for a request to 1 of the 4 traders. :banghead:

How are you trying to save them? (And from the new or old site?) I can still right-click on any image and select 'Save image' and I get a JPG... From either site.

[EDIT] Tried it with Chrome and got a xxxxx.txt file. Just rename it to xxxxx.jpg. It's just giving you the wrong file name. Doesn't do that in Firefox (for me at least) though...

I was using chrome. I will use firefox to save the pics. Thanks for the info :)

we have been told that all major changes or reparations to the system will be completed by years end at max, some sooner like the holiday weekend of thanksgiving, while I would love to promise you the TA will be on the list for first fix, I am sure the IT guys will fix whats easiest first and move from there, since i do not know what it would take to make the engine do what you want any more than I know the proper mix to feed your lorakeet,<actually i do know that but thats another story> suffice to say it is a high priority and will be completed, we again apologize for the frustration, we know it can be maddening and we do appreciate the patience of the pin community!!!

This may be more of a database question than a pinpics question, but I can't find any Si and Am pins. My theory is the new database will not search a 2 letter word (ancestry.com requires at least 3 letters). I was thinking of trying 'cat' and 'and', but that won't help for Si & Am...

I did see a group list in the university, so that's my back up plan

As for the +or - , these are no longer needed according to our programmers, we recieved a vast amount of complaints and have since eliminated<or so I am told> the need to have them, so pin searching is no longer a word problem!!!............

OH THANK THE GODS. That was my biggest problem with the new site! I'm really glad they are responding to user feedback!

This may be more of a database question than a pinpics question, but I can't find any Si and Am pins. My theory is the new database will not search a 2 letter word (ancestry.com requires at least 3 letters). I was thinking of trying 'cat' and 'and', but that won't help for Si & Am...

I did see a group list in the university, so that's my back up plan

Hi owned by cats. I have been searching lady and the tramp instead and it works ok, no awesome, but ok.

I've just been reading through this thread, and several questions were suddenly brought to mind (and either mentioned here and not answered, or maybe they weren't really questions...) Soo....

I've never really used the new site much since it's kind of annoying to navigate (probably largely because I'm not totally used to it, but also because it's simply not intuitive. If you have to create 'training videos', there's something wrong with the overall design...), but one thing I've noticed is that all of the images of the pins are blurry. I've uploaded 250x250 or 300x300 sized images to the old site (and Emailed even larger images), and when the pin gets carried over to the new site these images are scaled way down (like 200x200) and then zoomed back up to a larger size. As such, they look horrible, especially compared to the old site.

My question- Is this because I'm not _paying_ to use PP? I didn't even know there was a pay option for the site, but if that's the reason I can't see decent quality images of pins (especially images _I'm_ providing), then I'm definitely done with adding pins to your site or Emailing pictures...

I'm sorry, but I'm simply not providing you free images to use for profit.... If they can't be seen and used by everyone on the site, then there's just no need for me to supply them anymore.

_Everyone_ should be able to see the highest quality images provided, and all the information about a pin that's available. If you want to make people pay for extra _site features_, that's fine, but the pin database needs to be 100% available to 100% of the users. Otherwise the site would just be useless since non-paying people won't know what they are missing, and will just stop using the site...

And, another vote for groups/personal groups. If I don't have those (and we loose the ones we have on the old site), that's a big move in the wrong direction... As it is right now I can't find all the pins of a certain new series since there's no group for it on the old site (since I believe no one can create a public group anymore), and searching on the new site is still not really that effective (and maybe these new pins aren't even on the new site yet)...

But my biggest problem is restricting any part of the core Pin database (including larger images) to paying costumers only... You have permanently lost me on that one.

We are truley sorry you feel this way, as you will find, storage of HD photos in the quantity we have as a database is much more costly, while we appreciate your concerns, we are trying to make the databases usage free to anyone, please also remember this DB was started in the early 2000s many of the older pics have had photographic upgrades made by many others, but alot of the rarer CM and low LE pins have not been photographed as thier owners are not actively involved in trading, or they have succumb to the ravages of time.

Their are many factors for our choice about the HD photos, but you are welcome to your opinion and we appreciate you voicing it , however to anawer your question, the reason you cant see "decent quality images of pins " is because not all of the pins have decent images, I personally have submitted some horrible pics,mostly cuz i dont have a camera other than my phone, however some pic is better than a blank screen or a silly icon dont you agree? A better one can always be added, but if your looking for a comare to find if that one discribed is the same as the one you are about to get/got, than some image is always better than none?

Hi D!! Is there anyway to see the "Newly added" pins, al la the "old" site, other than the scrolling image bar on the "new" site. It is much too slow and the old site presented the new stuff much better in tablular layout.

Mike S.
Figment919

Hi D!! Is there anyway to see the "Newly added" pins, al la the "old" site, other than the scrolling image bar on the "new" site. It is much too slow and the old site presented the new stuff much better in tablular layout.

Mike S.
Figment919

hey mr Mike,

I do not know, but I will ask? I will try to get back to you on that as soon as I can, if not would speeding up the scroll speed be an improvement somewhere in the middle.??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back